The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after spending what felt like an eternity with my finger on the up arrow to get to the first post where ticket availibility is listed..

Honestly, Iron Maiden are a huge business and they literally have the worst forum software i have ever come across..

July 22 Bilbao, SPAIN
Buy:
ihc - 1x GA standing
harouli - 2x GA standing
matthberg - 1x GA standing
FearOfTheMango - 2x GA standing
Maiden_Argentina - 1x GA standing
Thank you very much man!

They must to hire Dave Lights again to recreate the stage or do it better than '86 or `87. I'm afraid that they're going to do it cheaper like they did with Maiden England tour.

Here we go..how wonderful.

All the concerts I've been to recently were packed and people very enthusiastic.
As has already been mentioned here, I also think many people now finally want to hear live music again and have seen the very positive "Legacy of the Beast" coverage, at least in our local media, and were thrilled to learn they would get another chance to see a Maiden show this year after all.

I believe that "Alexander The Great" will be played. There have been too many definite hints dropped.
And Adrian will definitely not fail to play that solo. The song is demanding for Bruce with high notes, but not more than other songs played last year (without downtuning).
Yep. SIT also helps, not that they need help in that regard.
They must to hire Dave Lights again to recreate the stage or do it better than '86 or `87. I'm afraid that they're going to do it cheaper like they did with Maiden England tour.
I doubt it. I think the stage could easily be better than the 1986 one. They won't recreate it. And they might add some Senjutsu elements to it. The stage sets for the last 2 tours were amazing, so I think they will want to top them (or at least be on their level). They will need a bigger light show more than ever though. I don't expect big screens, but I bet it won't be a cheaper stage like the one for ME tour. Senjutsu stage from last year was a bit cheap because they only used it for a few months. The stage decor makes everything and then the stage props. The shape is not the ''main'' thing.

Here's a wild guess - what if the decors of the stage are half SJ/half SIT like the tour poster! o_O :)

Here's a wild guess - what if the decors of the stage are half SJ/half SIT like the tour poster!
Could be look like a circus man! :( Legacy of the beast was too much in that sense. Bruce's costumes, sword duel with Trooper Eddie, another walk on Eddie, inflatable big Eddie, run to the hills ridiculous pyro, Eddie backdrops every song…
I would like something more serious, but I'm afraid it won't happen.

Could be look like a circus man! :( Legacy of the beast was too much in that sense. Bruce's costumes, sword duel with Trooper Eddie, another walk on Eddie, inflatable big Eddie, run to the hills ridiculous pyro, Eddie backdrops every song…
I would like something more serious, but I'm afraid it won't happen.

Some people love the zombie!!!

I've had this feeling over the past two days that Death of the Celts is making it into the setlist as the first epic of the night.
Definitely. Like it or not, it has all of the “Maiden staple” sounds and is easy for Bruce to sing.
Like Parchment (without the chorus). And it's even easier for all band members. Celts is probably the better live song of the two, but Parchment is more popular and I think it was written with live performance in mind, especially with its 6 solos. Both songs have long instrumental sections. If Hell On Earth wasn't such a classic, I would have said that Celts would have been the second epic to be played from the album (although Lost World sounds like a good live song too). I would love to hear both, so atmospheric songs (like the whole album really).

The Parchment doesn’t?
Like Parchment (without the chorus). And it's even easier for all band members. Celts is probably the better live song of the two, but Parchment is more popular and I think it was written with live performance in mind, especially with its 6 solos. Both songs have long instrumental sections. If Hell On Earth wasn't such a classic, I would have said that Celts would have been the second epic to be played from the album (although Lost World sounds like a good live song too). I would love to hear both, so atmospheric songs (like the whole album really).
Wasn’t The Parchment recorded in completely different sections and edited together because the band couldn’t remember all of the parts? Despite my love for it, that doesn’t scream “live song”.

The Parchment and Time Machine > Hell On Earth and Death Of The Celts
I expect Time Machine to be played anyway (along with 2 epics). Hell On Earth and Parchment are in a league of their own!
Wasn’t The Parchment recorded in completely different sections and edited together because the band couldn’t remember all of the parts? Despite my love for it, that doesn’t scream “live song”.
Nicko said they recorded most of the songs in sections and I'm sure Celts was one of them, as it is part of the longer songs in the album. I think every song from the album would be great live.

That’s exactly how they recorded other epics like Rime and Winds and those work great live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back