The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel they almost HAVE to play AtG at this point. Fans have been clamoring for it and members (mainly Bruce) have been promising it for years. The Steve (Rod?) "quote" on the FP Tour announcement was "We have had lots of requests from fans over the years for many tracks on it so we are now going to play them." - talking about SiT album.

It's definitely now or never for the song and I think unless it's a complete disaster in rehearsals they will play it. Maybe at the very least they just do it once and drop it like TLOTLDR - just so they can say they played it. If it doesn't happen though I would be perfectly happy with having Rime back in the set.

I'd rather see solid renditions of Rime from each night of the tour than trainwrecks of Alexander from each night.
Rime is a harder song for Bruce and Nicko, methinks. Alexander has a high chorus.

The easiest songs to play live from SIT are only Wasted Years and Stranger In A Strange Land really.
I feel they almost HAVE to play AtG at this point. Fans have been clamoring for it and members (mainly Bruce) have been promising it for years. The Steve (Rod?) "quote" on the FP Tour announcement was "We have had lots of requests from fans over the years for many tracks on it so we are now going to play them." - talking about SiT album.

It's definitely now or never for the song and I think unless it's a complete disaster in rehearsals they will play it. Maybe at the very least they just do it once and drop it like TLOTLDR - just so they can say they played it. If it doesn't happen though I would be perfectly happy with having Rime back in the set.
I agree with your first sentence. Rime is one of Maiden's very best songs, but as I've said before, without Alexander for this tour I'd be really disappointed. Amazing song too. I'm willing to miss some of my favorite songs (not that they'll play them) because of it.

I doubt they'll play it only once. Whole tour or nothing! The hype of the tour is more or less built on it. Then are the title track, Sea, Stranger.

My guess is Paris in five weeks or so.
Split. Almost certain about that as they and the crew loved it. And makes sense with the tour route.

Basic rehearsals will probably start there as soon as Bruce returns from SA and there will be a week of production rehearsals in Ljubljana after 20th of May.

Rime is a harder song for Bruce and Nicko, methinks. Alexander has a high chorus.
I still reckon Bruce will have to sing ATH down an octave or do the song in a different key. It’s too high for him nowadays.
Was it during Book of Souls tour they started with the pre-recorded backing vocals for Powerslave? Might be time to pull a Paul Stanley.

Think they've all been as good as sold out since 2003 except the RDS. There may have been tickets available on the night ( I couldn't tell you if there were or not) but there was no obvious empty seats to be seen at any of the gigs I was at, so if they weren't totally sold out they were close to it. I saw the numbers from the Ormeau Park gig last year and it was something like 20 odd tickets not sold.
Aye, Ive never been at a gig that wasn't well attended (except 96) and all looked as good as sold out. But tickets were available on the night. This one is sold out, actually sold out, printed on a poster sold out, months before the show.

This is my point. Unprecedented demand and all for a tour thats a mash up of a shite new album and the worst album from the 80s. Im fuckin flabbergasted
:ninja:

I still reckon Bruce will have to sing ATH down an octave or do the song in a different key. It’s too high for him nowadays.
No way in hell, Bruce would be too proud for that. ATG centers mostly around a B4, just like Hallowed and the Trooper as well. Thankfully the song has multiple minutes of instrumental breaks, so I don't think the pitch would be a huge issue for Bruce. The amount of lyrics and the speed needed to deliver the last verse could be more of a problem for him nowadays.

Assuming ATG, HBTN, CSIT and maybe The Trooper will be in the setlist, along with all the other songs, this setlist could be one of the more challenging ones for Bruce.
This is my point. Unprecedented demand and all for a tour thats a mash up of a shite new album and the worst album from the 80s. Im fuckin flabbergasted

Didn't know the tour focuses on TFF and Killers...

Okay, is there any chance I can get two tickets for Ljubljana? Anybody here who can sell me or direct me to some online marketplace?

Aye, Ive never been at a gig that wasn't well attended (except 96) and all looked as good as sold out. But tickets were available on the night. This one is sold out, actually sold out, printed on a poster sold out, months before the show.

So if you feel that way about both albums why do you even care you cant get a ticket ? :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Agreed in parts. Senjutsu is for me one of their worst albums, but Somewhere In Time their best (along with NPFTD).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back