The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the furthest you would travel for a scheduled gig? If it weren't for my economical situation being ass due to a realtor fucking me over, I would already have booked a travel to somewhere else for Sweden for the sake of this.
I'm live in Azores Islands (Portugal) so to see any concert I need to travel almost 2.000 Kms... It´s kinda expensive for me. The plane tickets, hotel room, the concert ticket. At least 3 day vacation.
FOr me the cheapest plece is in Lisbon, if I try Spain the cost it will be the double....

Not all bands who have been given the chance to expose themselves to global Maiden fans have succeeded, but very rarely does a band get a chance time and time again on tour with the boys. Either they succeed on their own merits, were previously successful, or they never come back.
This.

It's a bit ridiculous that they keep getting the support slot. At some point you would think they realize it themselves.

Also announcement seems to confirm no more dates for 2023. They gonna play more Europe in 2024 or really gonna play ATG and skip Greece?
33 dates - a short leg of a tour for Maiden, especially for an album tour. We have to go back to 2007 for a shorter leg of an album tour and to 2014 for a shorter leg overall. And there are quite a few second nights (which is also cool for live recordings... I'm looking at you, Dortmund). Wacken and Hellfest are the only shows we can get a live stream from (although the sound in the former is not that good).

I think the tour will be like LOTB - Europe in 2023, NA/SA in 2024 and Europe, Asia, Australia (maybe) in 2025 (a short tour before the release of the new album that year, unless they want to do a Hits tour for their 50th anniversary and TFP is the new album tour after all). They prefer to take long holidays nowadays. The other scenario is: a long tour (5-6 months) in 2024 covering all other places and 2025 is either a new album or yet another Hits tour. Or they will want to release the album in 2026 - then the tour in 2025 will be TFP 3rd leg for sure. If there is a 50th anniversary tour, it will be 3 years.

I'm a bit worried about ATG and Greece decision, tbh.

I've never heard of Porcupine Tree. What is their sound/style like?
They have a very unique sound that’s hard to describe. The best description I’ve heard is from their Wikipedia page:

“Porcupine Tree's early sound evoked various styles of psychedelic rock, space rock and experimental rock, later moving towards a more progressive/space rock direction comparable to that of Pink Floyd. Upon signing with Kscope record label in the late 1990s, the band began to approach a more mainstream alternative rocksound. By the early 2000s, the band had signed to a major record label and shifted their sound again, this time in a more progressive metal direction.”

I discovered them with their deadwing album in 2005. Amazing band and very diverse. Steve Wilson’s solo stuff is equally amazing too, the best of which is the album “hand.cannot.erase”. It’s a concept album and when you look up the story of the Romany he album is based upon it gives the music a beautiful emotional feeling.

33 dates - a short leg of a tour for Maiden, especially for an album tour. We have to go back to 2007 for a shorter leg of an album tour and to 2014 for a shorter leg overall. And there are quite a few second nights (which is also cool for live recordings... I'm looking at you, Dortmund). Wacken and Hellfest are the only shows we can get a live stream from (although the sound in the former is not that good).

I think the tour will be like LOTB - Europe in 2023, NA/SA in 2024 and Europe, Asia, Australia (maybe) in 2025 (a short tour before the release of the new album that year, unless they want to do a Hits tour for their 50th anniversary and TFP is the new album tour after all). They prefer to take long holidays nowadays. The other scenario is: a long tour (5-6 months) in 2024 covering all other places and 2025 is either a new album or yet another Hits tour. Or they will want to release the album in 2026 - then the tour in 2025 will be TFP 3rd leg for sure. If there is a 50th anniversary tour, it will be 3 years.

I'm a bit worried about ATG and Greece decision, tbh.

I think the relatively shorter leg giving many European markets a rest and missing some traditional destinations (Paris, Gothenburg…) is a strong indication that they would be back with more gigs in Europe part of the same tour in 2025. If they were to play stadia, the setlist could be changed to include more classic material.

Last edited:
I wonder if with the SIT-themed stage they will use a ''main Senjutsu backdrop'' for some songs (like they did during TBOS tour)... especially since we have quite a few artworks with Eddie for the album. Landscape or tradition?

Something like these would be cool:
View attachment 24044

View attachment 24045

View attachment 24046
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for The Parchment:

View attachment 24047
:yey:

I bet they will have a brand new ''futuristic backdrop'' for the tour (probably the city from the promo video, if the stage decors are not like it) and not the SIT cover.
I think its gonna be a futuristic Japanese theme

This is from the official forum, credit to Totty 668

Thu 13 Antwerp, BELGIUM - Sportpaleis (ca 14,000 / 20,000) Up against: 19,844 (2017)

So 14,000 is what has been sold now for the upcoming gig, 20,000 is the capacity, and 19,844 is what sold in 2017.

I don't know if that means 2017 was sold out or not, as 20,000 is a round number so may just be an approximation of the capacity. However, if it is the actually capacity then that means some tickets were still available on the day in 2017.

I think the relatively shorter leg giving many European markets a rest and missing some traditional destinations (Paris, Gothenburg…) is a strong indication that they would be back with more gigs in Europe part of the same tour in 2025.
^ Spot on. With a new album that year too, hopefully.
I think its gonna be a futuristic Japanese theme
Yep, but will they use a backdrop with Pagoda in a futuristic decor of the stage...

How wonderful, in Germany we can see both "The Raven Age" and "Lord Of The Lost". :facepalm:

The nepotism is getting really tiresome!

It really upsets me.
I was thinking about bands just a few days ago, that are so unique and talented and have to play in front of way too small audiences.
Sorry, but if "The Raven Age" should ask us to raise our hands in the air, I will have to control myself not to hold up my middle finger. 1671365272196.png

Last edited:
The Raven Age is a suitable act to open up for British Lion on small clubs, like they did in 2015. Enjoyed their show and got their E.P, which had some decent stuff on it.

Maiden should have a stronger opening act though. As an example of this, I thought Shinedown were a great choice in 2017, a band that has never broken through in Europe, although they have multi-platinum records in the U.S.

Last edited:
Shinedown is perhaps the best opener I ever saw. They completely outplayed and outshone Alter Bridge when I saw them back in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back