The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other bands (Anthrax) complained that after Covid, price of touring logistics rose very much. Maybe for now Maiden will tour only in areas where they can control costs in acceptable limits.
I think that might be one of the biggest reasons we're probably never seeing another Ed Force One again.

And IF we're getting another one it'll be on the Farewell tour. It would only be fitting.

he likely aware that the tempo has been a bit slow this tour.

They count in from a metronome now, so it's a bit unfair that Nicko's age is being blamed for the tempos, when it's likely that someone else in the band who has a long time issue with live tempos, and a long time lack of criticism from the fans, is likely to have been the reason for this.

It has happened before:

A Matter Of Life And Death tour / A Matter Of The Beast
Give Me Ed... 'Til I'm Dead tour
The Ed Hunter tour
The X Factour
Real Live tour
Fear Of The Dark tour
No Prayer On The Road
Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour
Somewhere On Tour
The Beast On The Road
Iron Maiden tour

The Future Past tour sounds better without ''world'' in its name, I guess.
The World Future Past Tour would sound great IMHO

0b033689b67bc278264d394889c09eedef58743f.gif

1667987704389.jpeg

Croatia was always way cheaper. Ticket prices did rise over the years but not as much as in other EU countries. It is one of the main reasons why I stopped going abroad for gigs - for any bigger act seating upper tier tickets don't go below 100 euros and standing tickets go above 200 euros. Even for the smaller acts ticket prices got ridiculous (for example, tickets for Dream Theater in Germany in 2020 were 60-70 euros!!!!)

Here's a quick comparison for Iron Maiden tickets (I looked for the EU countries that were nearest to Croatia, and the prices below are for "Front of the Stage" or Standing tickets.

Zagreb, Croatia - 350 HRK (46 EUR)*
Frankfurt, Germany - 65 EUR
*For one week tickets prices were dropped 50% so you could get Iron Maiden Front of the Stage ticket for 23 euro!!!

Split, Croatia - 370 HRK (49 EUR)
Trieste, Italy - 97 EUR

Zagreb, Croatia - 350 HRK (46 EUR)
Trieste, Italy - 99 EUR

Zagreb, Croatia - 550 HRK (73 EUR)
Frankfurt, Germany - 97 EUR

So, even in last couple of years, tickets for the same show and same area were more than 50% cheaper. I don't know why is it over 100 euros in Slovenia. Then again, I remember last time Slovenia was also expensive (50-60 euros for tour shirt back in 2007!). Still, I hope I can break my rule and grab a FOS ticket for Ljubljana tomorrow, 2007 was my worst Maiden experience.
Ticket prices in EU really put me off from traveling, but it is not Maiden's fault. So if you're taking a jab - that's OK, meme away. But I see people (not you GoC and Matić) spewing shit at Maiden and they remind me of those people who are yelling at cashiers in McDonald's because they think Big Mac is overpriced.

Maybe price of the tickets is influenced by supply and demand? Maybe in Croatia Maiden is not so popular like in Germany?

Maybe price of the tickets is influenced by supply and demand? Maybe in Croatia Maiden is not so popular like in Germany?
I don't think so. Last gig (2022) was sold out. Previous one were also pretty full.
And not only Maiden are cheaper, a lot of other acts are also way cheaper (for example, Dream Theater was 40% cheaper than in other EU contires last spring, Opeth too.)

Maiden has always had reasonable ticket prices IMO!

Rammstein feuerzone tickets in Norway for this year was 1660 nok. Maiden front floor in Bergen next year is 1300. 360 nok difference. That’s roughly 35 euro.

Well, I've given up on hoping for Copenhagen. I keep looking at the schedule without being able to find a good slot for it. Fucking Sweden Rock Festival don't sell one-day passes either.

It's the promoter who's choosing the prices. They have to guess how many fans would come to the show and then make a balance between how expensive ticket prices can be(based on a standard of a country) so that it can still be affordable to the people while the promoter still profits from the show.

It's the promoter who's choosing the prices. They have to guess how many fans would come to the show and then make a balance between how expensive ticket prices can be(based on a standard of a country) so that it can still be affordable to the people while the promoter still profits from the show.

Don't forget that ticket prices are, surprise, surprise, heavily influenced by the fee the band charges to the promoter (for a band like Maiden I believe this is usually a flat fee + a cut of ticket sales when the latter exceed a certain number).

Don't forget that ticket prices are, surprise, surprise, heavily influenced by the fee the band charges to the promoter (for a band like Maiden I believe this is usually a flat fee + a cut of ticket sales when the latter exceed a certain number).

Presumably then, if the venue has a smaller capacity than other shows but Maiden's fee is a flat fee, that means that the ticket price has to be more expensive. So my finger pointing at the promoter may be unjustified

View attachment 23590

Croatia was always way cheaper. Ticket prices did rise over the years but not as much as in other EU countries. It is one of the main reasons why I stopped going abroad for gigs - for any bigger act seating upper tier tickets don't go below 100 euros and standing tickets go above 200 euros. Even for the smaller acts ticket prices got ridiculous (for example, tickets for Dream Theater in Germany in 2020 were 60-70 euros!!!!)

Here's a quick comparison for Iron Maiden tickets (I looked for the EU countries that were nearest to Croatia, and the prices below are for "Front of the Stage" or Standing tickets.

Zagreb, Croatia - 350 HRK (46 EUR)*
Frankfurt, Germany - 65 EUR
*For one week tickets prices were dropped 50% so you could get Iron Maiden Front of the Stage ticket for 23 euro!!!

Split, Croatia - 370 HRK (49 EUR)
Trieste, Italy - 97 EUR

Zagreb, Croatia - 350 HRK (46 EUR)
Trieste, Italy - 99 EUR

Zagreb, Croatia - 550 HRK (73 EUR)
Frankfurt, Germany - 97 EUR

So, even in last couple of years, tickets for the same show and same area were more than 50% cheaper. I don't know why is it over 100 euros in Slovenia. Then again, I remember last time Slovenia was also expensive (50-60 euros for tour shirt back in 2007!). Still, I hope I can break my rule and grab a FOS ticket for Ljubljana tomorrow, 2007 was my worst Maiden experience.
Ticket prices in EU really put me off from traveling, but it is not Maiden's fault. So if you're taking a jab - that's OK, meme away. But I see people (not you GoC and Matić) spewing shit at Maiden and they remind me of those people who are yelling at cashiers in McDonald's because they think Big Mac is overpriced.

I'm not Matić, first of all.

Btw, Trieste is by far the most expensive lately. It was 108€ in 2018 and that's why I didn't go.

The thing is that I understand that insuring an ageing band increases the costs. Band travel costs also exploded after Covid. However, I don't see why there should be a 32€ difference between Zagreb in 2022 and Ljubljana in 2023. Frankfurt was cheaper this year FFS and Germany has much higher standard (and wages) than Slovenia.

It's still reasonable, but 32€ difference in a year in the same-ish area is alarming. If this trend continues, we will see 150€ IM tickets in 2024. At that point, I don't want to hear from the managment how they always price the shows, so everybody can afford all different kinds of tickets.

Presumably then, if the venue has a smaller capacity than other shows but Maiden's fee is a flat fee, that means that the ticket price has to be more expensive. So my finger pointing at the promoter may be unjustified

There are some other factors to consider too. For example, in the last few tours the price of Maiden tickets in Spain has increased significantly. The reason? A bidding war between promoters, with the winning one having to pay a substantially higher fee to Maiden than the initial asking price.

I paid 93 euro for Leipzig and that's fine by me. Same as I paid for Ottawa in CAD. I paid more for Amon Amarth due to Ticketmaster surge pricing bollocks.

I paid 93 euro for Leipzig and that's fine by me. Same as I paid for Ottawa in CAD. I paid more for Amon Amarth due to Ticketmaster surge pricing bollocks.
I don't have any problem paying €100 for tickets.

Travel costs however are brutal. Flights, hotels, trains. Even the nearest show for me (Tampere) is a long journey. Three hours by car, 1h 30 min flight to Helsinki plus train to Tampere. Close to 200 euro just getting there.

Yeah, I mean, I'm going to fly to Europe to see this tour, so, while I have some sympathy, I have less than you might think. Where I grew up the closest place to go was Boston or Quebec city, 10-12 hour drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back