The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is this coming from now?

In the recent end-of-tour video he says "See you next year, God willing, I'll be back on the tubs". Given his age and cancer scare, there's a fair reason for Nicko to wonder if he might not be around to see next year, but I don't see how that quote confirms he's retiring or being replaced.

Here, about 1:50 in.

There’s also the fact that since coming back to tour post-covid, the band are playing slower which is likely due to Nicko taking things a bit slower and simplifying some drum parts and some kick patterns. Songs on SIT are quite demanding. So myself and a few others find it reasonably believable that Nicko may not be behind the drum kit next tour.

Last edited:
Well, if Nicko can't do the tour next year, I can replace him behind the drums. :D

More seriously, I hope he'll play drums on next tour and stay with the band until he'll be 100 years old. Touch wood and fingers crossed. :dancinggeek:

Last edited:
In the recent end-of-tour video he says "See you next year, God willing, I'll be back on the tubs". Given his age and cancer scare, there's a fair reason for Nicko to wonder if he might not be around to see next year, but I don't see how that quote confirms he's retiring or being replaced.

Here, about 1:50 in.

Ah I wouldn't really read too much into that, he's basically just saying "touch wood"

I just can't imagine Maiden would replace Nicko. The only scenario that would seem realistic to me is that Nicko is getting supported by some additional drummer. As they have three guitars they easily could have two drumkits on stage.

That's insane, how would that ever work? I think it's more likely that you get one guy to start the show and Nick finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back