The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed this thread entirely.
Anyone here planning to go to Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam?
I do. Never visited Amsterdam before, and I am a bit worried by the lack of any announcement for France: I'm afraid Hellfest could be their only show there.

Can we all take a few seconds of our time to realize how much capacity and amazement this tour actually has. I see a lot of people on Reddit (and here, but not pointing fingers...) being very casual about it. 'Oh Maiden has announced another tour, neat!' But it's so much more than that.

Just think about it. We get to see some songs that have not been performed live since 1987 or even Alexander the Great, a song that has NEVER been performed live at all. Not only that, we get to see some new Senjutsu songs for the first time ever and all this combined in ONE SINGLE TOUR. They're going to visit places they've never been to before (at least from what I can gather on the forums here) and all this while they're nearing their late 60's. Nicko will be 71 years old by that time (!!!)

I think there's no other band in the entire world that could pull this of the way Maiden is going to pull of this tour. Every band can go back in time and revisit a nostalgic album but the way Maiden listens to their fans and actual acts upon that is unreal. This is the best time to be a Maiden fan! I speak from experience when I say I became a fan way too late and missed out on some great tours, but the Future Past tour will be, without a doubt, Maiden's most epic journey yet!

The following lyrics are really true with this tour, and remember this at all times my fellow Maiden fans:

So understand
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Face up, make your stand
Realize you're living in the golden years
^ This is the very truth! TFP tour will be one of Maiden's best and most special tours, I'm sure of it. Not only with the songs but also with the stage set (we even don't know what to expect from the latter, but I have a feeling it will be epic). I predict the stage production will be better than the one for LOTB tour... if that's even possible. The idea of this tour is perfect (combining two classic albums). Maiden will always find a way to give us a great surprise. There are no others like them! Great times for us and for them.

I agree on 100% with the sentence in bold.

Tickets for Ljubljana are expensive af. 106 euro for fan pit. Didn't expect this much, but who cares, it's Maiden, and the first date of the tour. I can finally brace myself from setlist spoilers :D

I wonder if Adrian and Janick will alternate a solo on some song again for this tour (like they did with Revelations for LOTB tour).

Maybe with Heaven Can Wait - most probably Janick will play the solo for it (he plays it great, btw), he should play a solo on a least one SIT song. I think they will play the song with or without fans on stage for the instrumental part (why not the Killer Crew?), otherwise they will have to play both Caught Somewhere In Time and Sea Of Madness (if the SIT songs are 5). It's such a great live song, especially the chorus, which is the only ''problem'' for me in the studio version - they should have recorded the chorus with the variation of it during live performances when Bruce includes the fans (probably with backing vocals in the studio).

Tickets for Ljubljana are expensive af. 106 euro for fan pit. Didn't expect this much, but who cares, it's Maiden, and the first date of the tour. I can finally brace myself from setlist spoilers :D
Wait there's an exclusive pit for Maiden concerts? Never heard of it. For the show in Amsterdam there isn't.

Last edited:
40 Euros difference between Zagreb this year and Ljubljana next year...

:innocent:
0b033689b67bc278264d394889c09eedef58743f.gif

If Nicko will be unable to perform in 2023 Iron Maiden will continue to play live for sure, because the Future Past Tour is already revealed and tickets being sold. I am sure Joe Lazarus is their go to man if problems would arise. It's a big bussiness. It is what it is.
Of course, I hope Nicko will be on board.

Although I have been part of this community for awhile, I guess it is the first time I say something here. I had bought tickets for Milan, but I could not help it when I saw the opening gig will be in Ljubljana and had to buy for that one too...specially because it is only 50 min drive from home.

Why did the Maiden announced yesterday say that the presale for both shows starts today but on live nation it says tomorrow for Prague?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back