The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Steve lives for touring. It might even be that he only writes new music to have an excuse to play something new at gigs. I don't know if he would even want to keep going without live shows.
Indeed. And I bet they keep touring as long as possible. In Steve's case, that will probably be after he's 80....

But if they still want to make music but feel unable to tour, they could easily make a new record and not tour with it. Knowing how loyal the Maiden fanbase is they will eat it up anyway.

Indeed. And I bet they keep touring as long as possible. In Steve's case, that will probably be after he's 80....

But if they still want to make music but feel unable to tour, they could easily make a new record and not tour with it. Knowing how loyal the Maiden fanbase is they will eat it up anyway.
Taking in account the good quality of their recent releases I surely can live with that.

His tone there also has that infamous 1993 vibe..!
Yes, his voice in 1993 started the change in his vocals during the 90's.
But yeah, Futureal is definitely unlikely, but I wouldn't call it impossible. Powerslave was featured in the TBOS tour due to it's thematical fit, although it being fairly comfortable for Bruce sure played a huge part as well, and a major portion of the LOTB set is built with a similar approach.

Before 2018, I honestly would've said that basically any Blaze-era song save The Clansman seems extremely unlikely, but now... I think that surprisingly enough, Futureal might be in the pool of songs considered. Maiden has pulled off these oddballs every now and then.

just wanted to underline that a thought about them playing Futureal is not quite as out of this world as one might think!
^ This.
That brings us to 30 shows. So the question is how many they do before Tampere. There is a rumour on the fanclub Maiden will start in Aalborg, and another that they will play Stockholm on the first of June, however it's not certain. I think we might know more on Thursday.
It will be a short 1st leg of a Maiden tour. The shows are usually 40-45. There will be some dates in May for sure - most likely the Balkans.
you can travel and play with a couple of backdrops, inflatable Eddie and that’s it
I don't think it's possible. Maiden always want to bring the full show.
So for next year they will be on tour for 3 months and 9 months off?

Off time for recording new album?
A big holiday (they need it to be in top form) since they prefer to tour in the summer, but I think they will record a new album in 2024. They have ideas all the time though.
Bruce will be doing his “wannabe Gillan” shows until late April in Brazil and he’ll have to go back to Europe and rehearse a new setlist. I cannot see the tour starting before the end of May.
Yep. At the end of May (like this year). Bruce, Adrian and Steve have projects for the previous months, right.
Still doable if he flies directly to rehearsals. The band can rehearse instrumentally before that and Bruce would still have 2+ weeks of rehearsals. Unless they start rehearsing earlier and take a break while Bruce goes and pretends to be Gillan for 10 days.

However, yeah, less likely now that you mention it. This year they started rehearsing the 2nd week of April.

So, maybe more dates in August could be expected... I simply don't believe, they would do an Euro tour and miss all of these: Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria and Greece.
I think they rehearse together. Bruce could go straight to the rehearsals after the Purple shows, but I don't think so (it's not 1999). I agree with your last sentence.
Honestly, I have a bad feeling that Maiden will not play Greece this year, regardless of ATG.

This time around the year when they announce a tour, there are rumours usually before the announcement for Greece is made. This time, nothing, radio silence. I'm not optimistic on this.
They can be there in 2024, but if they play ATG it won't be the same. Greece should be the opening show for the tour.
I think Steve lives for touring. It might even be that he only writes new music to have an excuse to play something new at gigs. I don't know if he would even want to keep going without live shows.
I agree. I don't think I'll be over the moon with more new albums, but no touring.

ATG would be the perfect last song in the set for this tour (it has almost the same length and tempo as HBTN).

Edit: I think the best place in the set for the song is in the middle (the centerpiece of the show) or especially as an encore opener. There's no way it would be the first song.

Last edited:
Well, disagree. If things like Sign Of the Cross work mid-set, ATG would work too.

However, I'd agree it would work better as a set or encore opener.
SoTC is a great song but I don't think it's as revered as ATG among many Maiden fans. Imagine opening a set or encore with SoTC compared to the reception ATG would get.

IF they play Alex, it will be placed mid-set in case they need to drop it. No way they leave the most complicated song as the encore and no way they bank the start of the show with a song they’ve never played before.

Will you join Dortmund next year? Just got my hand on two tickets.

Just both London shows for me, I’m afraid. Travelling abroad to see Maiden is a thing of the past for me.

In fact, I have not travelled further than London to see them since 2017 (I did Liverpool and both London shows that year).

Last edited:
My guess is ATG will be quite early in the set.

Open with CSIT and do 2 or 3 more, then approx 5th or 6th in the set ATG, the first 'epic'.

A few more songs from Senjutsu with hell on earth towards end of main set, 9th or 10th.

Writing on the wall and wasted years in the encore.

My guess is ATG will be quite early in the set.

Open with CSIT and do 2 or 3 more, then approx 5th or 6th in the set ATG, the first 'epic'.

A few more songs from Senjutsu with hell on earth towards end of main set, 9th or 10th.

Writing on the wall and wasted years in the encore.
It's curious which song will be the centerpiece of the show (song #9 or #10) - ATG or HoE. I think Parchment will be the first epic in the set (like The Red And The Black for TBOS tour).

TWOTW will work great in the encores (especially as the opener). HoE could also work there or as the last song in the set since it is quite popular among fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back