The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart skipped a beat, I've managed to open legacy 2022 tour instead of TFP and saw Zagreb and Belgrade as first dates.... damn

For what it's worth, here are the official boxscore data for the Lisbon show (courtesy of a fan club member with access to industry publications):

Lisbon, PORTUGAL – Estadio Nacional (27,282 / 30,000) Gross: $1,829,274

I think the highest attendance for a Maiden show in Portugal prior to 2022 was 17,839 in 2018.

Quite impressive they reached such heights so late in their career.

I vote Lost in A Lost World over Dream of Mirrors.
I would love to hear both songs (Mirrors is a classic for me), but I really want to hear the intro of Lost In A Lost World live, it will be a special moment for sure. Actually, the whole song will be much better live (that dreamy vibe!). A high chorus for Bruce.

Btw, some of the lyrics of Dream Of Mirrors can be connected to songs from Senjutsu & SIT albums:

''Have I dreamt this time, this place?'' ... ''All is nothing what it seems'' (Hell On Earth)
''Think I've heard your voice before'' ... ''In the voices that you hear now'' (Hell On Earth)
''Lost in a dream of mirrors'' ... ''Lost in somewhere in your dreams'' (Hell On Earth)
''Lost, a hell that I revisit'' ... Hell On Earth

''Lost, another time and place'' ... CSIT, LIALW, SIASL,
''Lost and time is spinning'' ... The Time Machine

''Something makes me feel that I have lost my mind'' ... ''I think I've lost my mind'' (Stratego)

''Lost, a nightmare I retrace'' ... ''I wish I knew this was only just a nightmare'' (Heaven Can Wait)

''And I think I've seen your face'' ... ''When you see familiar faces, but you don't remember where they're from'' (Deja-Vu)

Yup. The floor was basically sold out, as was the left hand stand. I'd bet most of those unsold tickets were on the back stand.
Packed indeed... as for the seats it's an old stadium thus the stands are a bit further than the more recent stadiums since it features a running lane.
Perhaps that's why it didn't sell. When it comes to Maiden I prefer watching it from the floor too.

Quite impressive they reached such heights so late in their career.
It's perhaps due to fact the majority of prior concerts took place on indoor venues with more limited space. From what I can remember they played 3 times outdoors previously here in Portugal: during Brave New World in Vilar De Mouros, Somewhere Back In Time in Lisbon and The Final Frontier Tour in Faro. And they were all included in festivals. This was the very first time a 100% Maiden gig took place outdoors.

It's perhaps due to fact the majority of prior concerts took place on indoor venues with more limited space. From what I can remember they played 3 times outdoors previously here in Portugal: during Brave New World in Vilar De Mouros, Somewhere Back In Time in Lisbon and The Final Frontier Tour in Faro. And they were all included in festivals. This was the very first time a 100% Maiden gig took place outdoors.

Sure but the fact that they were be able to substantially fill open arenas was the direct result of their hard and consistent work from 2000 onwards. Phenomenal come back.

Similarly in Greece, they had a big boy concert in 1988 ~30,000 people attending and then smaller venues having an attendances varied from 300 -15,000.
But the last two, in 2018 (I think) and 2022 were their biggest ever with more than 35,000 each.

The mix of nostalgia and new material tours has been a great idea. They have managed to get new fans, whilst keeping most of the old ones. I was a youngster when I first saw them live in 1996; 26 years later I might be about the median age of the people attending their shows!

The mix of nostalgia and new material tours has been a great idea. They have managed to get new fans, whilst keeping most of the old ones. I was a youngster when I first saw them live in 1996; 26 years later I might be about the median age of the people attending their shows!
I’m terrible at math- but it seemed there were a lot of 50+ folks at both shows I attended.

Tbh- I was hoping for more youngsters.

I had a student (they are in college) say ‘my dad went to that show!’ And I was thinking … yup. That checks out. Lol.

Sure but the fact that they were be able to substantially fill open arenas was the direct result of their hard and consistent work from 2000 onwards. Phenomenal come back.

Similarly in Greece, they had a big boy concert in 1988 ~30,000 people attending and then smaller venues having an attendances varied from 300 -15,000.
But the last two, in 2018 (I think) and 2022 were their biggest ever with more than 35,000 each.
Yeah. Maiden were already huge during the 80's but I believe 1999 onward surpassed it clearly. To a point they are still on the top of their fame since the reunion (13 years ago!).

Yes big time, though not on new albums sales, but they can still draw genre leading numbers in concerts 20 years later.

The Reunion era itself deserves a dedicated tour, regardless if it's never gonna happen in this life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back