The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any mention of a date? Might consider it if it falls on a weekend and if I can get there easily enough. Was burned once before with Aalborg being the first date on the AMOLAD tour until they announced a preceding North American tour after I'd bought tickets to Aalborg on the presumption that it was the first night.
28th I do believe. But this is far from certain.

Not really IMO.

I expect the tour to start in mid-late may. 14 days is enough to go from Greece to Finland and play 7 shows in the meantime. The band and the crew seemingly enjoyed rehearsing in Split very much, so I expect them to do that again.

A route of 7 shows like: Athens -> Bucharest -> Belgrade -> Zagreb -> Vienna -> Budapest -> Prague -> Tampere is completely doable in 14 days.
I really hope you are right. Prauge has to be on the schedule!!!

I still expect portugal,denmark,belgium and switzerland
Zurich is in Switzerland. Belgium, not sure. Portugal, not sure. They already did a stadium in Lisbon this summer. Denmark, probably, but maybe not Copenhagen as they played there this year.

Lisbon doesn't make sense schedule-wise. And the stadium (stands) sold pretty poorely. I expect Denmark between Tampere and SRF. Zurich is already there.
I am leaning more and more towards Tampere getting a second gig and Stockholm on the first of June, or last day in May. In that case the Aalborg rumours might be true.

I find it very hard to believe that they won't hit at least two out of three talking about Vienna, Budapest and Prague.
On the other hand Croatia and Greece have some chances, or maybe even Bulgaria.

I'll sell my Krakow ticket for the show on June 13, general access. I prefer seeing them in Dortmund, it's far less travel for me. Anybody interested?

They're 100% not skipping eastern Europe and those will be the best dates as the future is nearer and afterwards the past will be further in the past than all the other dates :cool::cool::cool::fencing::fencing::edmetal::edmetal::edmetal::edmetal:

I'll sell my Krakow ticket for the show on June 13, general access. I prefer seeing them in Dortmund, it's far less travel for me. Anybody interested?
Not sure if the forum rules are good with selling tickets, but I would be interested in both Krakow gigs if there are no Balkan countries announced.

Honestly, I have a bad feeling that Maiden will not play Greece this year, regardless of ATG.

This time around the year when they announce a tour, there are rumours usually before the announcement for Greece is made. This time, nothing, radio silence. I'm not optimistic on this.

Honestly, I have a bad feeling that Maiden will not play Greece this year, regardless of ATG.

This time around the year when they announce a tour, there are rumours usually before the announcement for Greece is made. This time, nothing, radio silence. I'm not optimistic on this.
I don't think that's necessarily a given. Even if they don't play next year they'll be there in 2024/2025/2026/2027 on the 2nd-6th leg of the tour.

I'd like to return to a previously quoted topic on this forum, and that is what Maiden is going to do after the Future Past tour.

I was thinking, what if Maiden is going to do the same thing in terms of albums + touring as ACDC is currently doing. They are still together (RIP Malcolm), still making music together (Power Up came out in 2020) but no longer touring together. And if the messaging is to be believed, we don't have to expect another ACDC tour either, this for several reasons. This way we have; still an Iron Maiden, even if they are no longer on the road as we are used to from our band. Of course ACDC and Iron Maiden are two very different bands but if you look at ages they are fairly similar.

Angus Young is 67 years old, Phil Rudd is 68 years old, Cliff Williams is 72 years old, Brian Johnson is 75 years old and Stevie Young is 65 years old. ACDC's average age is 69. Iron Maiden's average age (at the moment) is 65.

Of course there is still a chance that a member (probably Nicko because he is the oldest) will be replaced, but imagine this is not the case, I can still see Iron Maiden doing the same as ACDC. Then I am talking about a situation that won't take place for another 4 or 5 years or so.

I'd like to return to a previously quoted topic on this forum, and that is what Maiden is going to do after the Future Past tour.

I was thinking, what if Maiden is going to do the same thing in terms of albums + touring as ACDC is currently doing. They are still together (RIP Malcolm), still making music together (Power Up came out in 2020) but no longer touring together. And if the messaging is to be believed, we don't have to expect another ACDC tour either, this for several reasons. This way we have; still an Iron Maiden, even if they are no longer on the road as we are used to from our band. Of course ACDC and Iron Maiden are two very different bands but if you look at ages they are fairly similar.

Angus Young is 67 years old, Phil Rudd is 68 years old, Cliff Williams is 72 years old, Brian Johnson is 75 years old and Stevie Young is 65 years old. ACDC's average age is 69. Iron Maiden's average age (at the moment) is 65.

Of course there is still a chance that a member (probably Nicko because he is the oldest) will be replaced, but imagine this is not the case, I can still see Iron Maiden doing the same as ACDC. Then I am talking about a situation that won't take place for another 4 or 5 years or so.
I think Steve lives for touring. It might even be that he only writes new music to have an excuse to play something new at gigs. I don't know if he would even want to keep going without live shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back