The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just depends if they want to squeeze North and South America. Asia. Australia etc all into one big leg. At there age and all that additional travel is a long haul so i very much doubt it. Why i can see a brief leg for all the other territories in 2025 as a fill in before new Album announcement etc
It's possible -> it could be like this year's leg of LOTB tour with its 58 shows (approx. 5 months) in Europe/SA/NA plus dates in Asia/Australia and with less NA shows. New album in 2025 (recorded in 2024 before the tour). It's very reasonable.

The talk about opening acts that inevitably happens before a tour is always funny to me. There are very few metal bands that are “too big” to open for Maiden. There are plenty of cases of established headliners making the rare exception to tour with Maiden because Maiden has one of the biggest draws in the genre. The only bands I can think of that would actually be too big for Maiden are Metallica and possibly Guns n Roses.

With that being said, it seems like nepotism is the way to go for Maiden. They don’t need another act to draw crowds to their shows and they like to promote what their kids are up to. Some of the suggestions are super cool, like Blind Guardian or even Avenged Sevenfold, but I just don’t see it happening. Personally, I still regret not getting to see Ghost open for Maiden in 2017.

It's possible -> it could be like this year's leg of LOTB tour with its 58 shows (approx. 5 months) in Europe/SA/NA plus dates in Asia/Australia and with less NA shows. New album in 2025 (recorded in 2024 before the tour). It's very reasonable.
I was just going off the press release which basically mentioned them only doing so many shows this year to see as many people as they could after a long lay off.

But it certainty doesn't look like long haul tours are in there plans moving forward and would likely spread 3 legs over 3 years.

2025 can still see them record and release an album while doing a brief run of shows to fill in the year with a few summer festivals tagging on Asia and Australia

How about you Finnish-people are you going to rely on getting tickets at the general sale?
Of course, usual way has been the way of getting the tickets from the pre-sale from FC..
I haven't got active sub on the FC at the moment..so I guess I might have renew the subscription, just to be sure as there might be possilibity of the show being sold out (as we don't know yet will there be another).
Have to think this thing now during the weekend..what would you do in this situation?

Plus one on that! Great pick for a Maiden opener.

They should be taking newer up and comers out. Bands like Dream Theater, Helloween, and Testament in the 90s that represent the next generation of Metal. Problem is they probably genuinely think The Raven Age represents that group.

I would prefer bands that are very good, but unfairly have not yet managed to become better known.

A question, perhaps a stupid question for those familiar with the process:
What exactly do you have to do to be considered for “First to the Barrier”?
I have never had any problems getting to a spot in the hall where I would like to stand. That doesn't necessarily have to be in the front row. I also like standing near the front of house desk. But with the Future Past tour, I think it would be an exciting experience.

Last edited:
How can they top the spitfire?
With another similar in size inflatable prop (like for the 1986 tour) and with the new stage production. Inflatable space ship?
Hope not! While it would be amazing to witness Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange Land and Alexander the Great (I think they will play all three), the songs I am most looking forward to next year are The Writing on the Wall and Hell On Earth!
Of course we want more new albums, especially with the quality of Maiden's new songs. Every song that hasn't been played live (new and old) is really interesting to me.
They don’t need another act to draw crowds to their shows and they like to promote what their kids are up to.
That's true. The best support for them are new and young bands so that they can give them a big exposure.
I was just going off the press release which basically mentioned them only doing so many shows this year to see as many people as they could after a long lay off.

But it certainty doesn't look like long haul tours are in there plans moving forward and would likely spread 3 legs over 3 years.

2025 can still see them record and release an album while doing a brief run of shows to fill in the year with a few summer festivals tagging on Asia and Australia
Yeah, it's totally possible. 2025 short tour in the summer, new album released in September (recorded earlier this year) and tour for it in 2026 (like they did with TBOS).

With another similar in size inflatable prop (like for the 1986 tour) and with the new stage production. Inflatable space ship?

Of course we want more new albums, especially with the quality of Maiden's new songs. Every song that hasn't been played live (new and old) is really interesting to me.

That's true. The best support for them are new and young bands so that they can give them a big exposure.

Yeah, it's totally possible. 2025 short tour in the summer, new album released in September (recorded earlier this year) and tour for it in 2026 (like they did with TBOS).
No chance they've recorded an album this year.
Zero hints dropped, zero band member sightings in unusual places, and they've not even done the tour for Senjutsu yet.

I don't think they'll want to record an album and shelve it for ages again. I think earliest likely recording is early 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back