The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the same thought, but it would be really nice to throw in Belgrade as the first show in the name of SIT tour hahah.
Yeah, but I think (I expect them to rehearse in Split again), that especially if they play Alex, they will start the tour in Greece and make their way towards the north.

Something like Athens -> Sofia/Bucharest -> Belgrade -> Zagreb/Split -> Vienna/Budapest -> Prague -> Tampere

They can still do Belgium and Denmark. I also expect Croatia and Helfest
Denmark on the fifth of June if they play there. I'm guessing that the gap between Tampere and Bergen is either for a gig in Copenhagen or Stockholm.

But they absolutely won't play two of those three festivals, Hellfest, Copenhell and Graspop. They will play one, most likely on the 17th, and if I had to bet I would go for Hellfest. Croatia might be in May, maybe even the first gig again.

I just threw an eye on the Sweden Rock Festival ticket site. There's no 1-day only pass, so I'll continue to cross my fingers for an Copenhagen/Royal Arena announcement.

26 shows announced. Expect shows before Tampere, one between Tampere and Bergen, one between Krakow and Zürich (possibly Hellfest), additional gig in Dortmund or Frankfurt and one between Munich and Wacken.

So between five and maybe eight more shows, depending on how early they start and if Wacken is the last show.
Balkans and Central/Eastern Europe dates should be in May (5/6 dates at the end of the month, or more if Wacken is the last date). The first show could be in Greece (even should be) or again in Zagreb or in Belgrade. I hope they will add a date in Sofia for this special tour.There could also be a few shows after Wacken. A 4 month tour is reasonable (40 dates like the 2018 leg of LOTB tour). If they want Wacken to be the last date (btw, imagine if they are in the form of this year's last shows for this concert), then it will be a tight schedule. Over 30 shows is normal for a 1st leg of a tour (especially if it will only be 2 legs) - like the 1st legs of TFF 2010 and ME 2012 tours.

Edit: The 2nd leg of the tour in 2024 will be for NA/SA, more dates in Europe (I expect Download Festival) and maybe Asia like they usually do.

Last edited:
I expect Maiden to return at the places Bruce said see you somewhere on tour/in time or something along the lines. So Rock in Rio, Graspop, Copenhell, Zurich, Lisbon
I don't think they will play Rock In Rio that soon again (especially with a date in Wacken), maybe next year for the SA leg of the tour. This year's concert was a surprise considering they played with the same tour there in 2019. I think Bruce said this phrase at random concerts. They certainly won't do only one concert in SA like they did in 1985.

I really wanna go to Bergen and was ready to purchase tickets today, but then one of the springs on my car tore off…

My guess is Hellfest + 2 nights in Paris

Then beginning of the tour at end of May Central Europe (2 or 3 of: Austria, Czechia, Hungary, Croatia etc.) + Greece (and hopefully Bulgaria or Romania).

*Exception could be they stay on and play Sziget in Hungary the weekend after Wacken?

Also wouldn't be surprised if an indoors Lisbon show is added.

Yeah Idk, I guess it has to be after Wacken or maybe they're just doing Hellfest, but seems crazy that they're just gonna do 1 festival in France and 1 festival in Italy on this whole leg?!
One festival in Italy makes sense. The sales there aren't very impressive. France, eh.. They could probably do Hellfest and two nights at Bercy, but they just played a sold out show at La Defense Arena so a festival kind of makes sense to rest the market a bit. They could still play in Paris, but I struggle to see when. Unless they add shows after Wacken. I don't think it's very likely though.

One festival in Italy makes sense. The sales there aren't very impressive. France, eh.. They could probably do Hellfest and two nights at Bercy, but they just played a sold out show at La Defense Arena so a festival kind of makes sense to rest the market a bit. They could still play in Paris, but I struggle to see when. Unless they add shows after Wacken. I don't think it's very likely though.
They did 3 nights in Italy in 2016 and in 2018 as well so they do seem to sometimes make the arrangement that when they're headlining a festival it isn't always their exclusive appearance for the year there.

2018 started end of May and ran until mid August so who knows maybe we will get dates after Wacken this year.

You may be right though, the Book of Souls 2016 leg started last weekend of May and ended with Wacken.

We'll know soon enough I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back