The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he really is/was on standby.

That being said I can see Maiden tour without Nicko but never record new music without him.
I believe that if you have 65+ years old band members, the insurance for potential gig cancellations becomes insane. So, for times when Nicko was the only one over 65, it probably made sense to have someone on stand-by, just to bring insurance costs down.

Nowadays, with 5/6 of the band over it, it doesn't make sense anymore.

I think there's a chance that Future Past tour could be 2023 only, probably unlikely judging by most recent tours, but still a chance.
Could be true if Bruce was right about announcing in brazil they will be there next year. Add 10 or so NA dates to that and boom they could easily wrap it up in 2023

Could be true if Bruce was right about announcing in brazil they will be there next year. Add 10 or so NA dates to that and boom they could easily wrap it up in 2023

Issue is North America, really.

If the European tour rolls up until August (imagining Wacken will be the last concert in Europe), they can always fit South America in 15/20 days. São Paulo, Rio, Curitiba or Porto Alegre, a capital in the Brazilian Northeast; Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima or Bogota, Ciudad de Mexico. They can easily wrap it up in 3 weeks. Problem starts when they hit the US/Canada and promoters wants the band to play in every Nowhereville, Ohio. They could easily make another 20 days, 10-12 gigs in North America and take a welcoming rest to start refreshed in 2024, maybe even with Asia. What doesn't fit is the necessity to play 40 concerts every time they go to the US.

Sweden Rock Festival?? Oh fuck, now I'm definitely hoping for a Royal Arena show in Copenhagen

Last edited:
I think there's a chance that Future Past tour could be 2023 only, probably unlikely judging by most recent tours, but still a chance.
It's possible - if the tour dates are until October/November and if they view LOTB 2022 as a sort of 1st leg of the album tour. But I doubt it. They will probably have a big production (and they will want to visit more places) and I think they want to release the next album for their 50th anniv. in 2025 (or do another Hits tour lol), so they will record the album in 2024 and will be touring for several months in the summer as they usually do.

What do you all think, what will we see/ get after the Future Past tour?
2023-2024: The Future Past tour
2025-2026: New album tour (unless they want to celebrate their 50th anniversary with 1 leg of a Hits tour, similar to the 2005 tour)
2027- Hits tour/Deep cuts tour ... since Bruce said there will be no Farewell tour.
I'm really curious to see what the theme of the next album might be!
I would really like a ''sea themed'' album and cover. The sea epics of Maiden are all top-notch.
And I'd say they will end Future Past tour early 2024 (hoping for all American fans they'll go there as well of course)
TFP tour will have NA & SA dates for sure.
If any of them stops performing the band is done for. Nicko is such a specific player (jazz-funk player in a metal band), that replacing him would be very hard.
^ This. Nicko is impossible to replace. Although he said (iirc) that he wants the band to continue playing even without him. The Reunion band lineup should be the final one.

Joe Lazarus does a phenomenal job playing both Nicko’s and Clive’s work. While Nicko is irreplaceable, Joe can either supplement the harder songs or just play while Nicko sword fights Bruce or some shit.

They’ve been raising Joe to be a Maiden drummer for over 30 years and he’s family. I see it happening.

2023-2024: The Future Past tour
2025-2026: New album tour (unless they want to celebrate their 50th anniversary with 1 leg of a Hits tour, similar to the 2005 tour)
2027- Hits tour/Deep cuts tour ...
I think that they will do a full tour next year from february/march to october, visiting all the countries they usually play. For me, it seems logical as Bruce will do his speaking tour in South-America and some shows playing Jon Lord's music. Steve has proven that it's possible to play with his both bands on the same tour. Bruce could do the same, alternating his spoken shows, Jon Lord's stage performances and Maiden concerts. Bruce said himself that he's still fit and that singing is less hurtful for his throat and his vocal cords than speaking. I see him following Steve's example by doing all his stuff at the same time in 2023.

So, for me, the next years schedule could be :

2023 - Full Future Past Tour
2024 - Recording and Releasing a new record (if the recording hasn't already be done)
2024 - New tour to support the new record
2025 - New hits tour

You seem very certain. I think Maiden will do another album, and that could very well be the next after this tour. But that would be 2025 at the earliest. In any case they still have LOTB to finish, announce the rest of The Future Past dates and then tour it before anything else.

I am not sure there will be any touring beyond the Future Past tour, especially if this takes three calendar years to complete.

Steve has proven that it's possible to play with his both bands on the same tour. Bruce could do the same, alternating his spoken shows, Jon Lord's stage performances and Maiden concerts. Bruce said himself that he's still fit and that singing is less hurtful for his throat and his vocal cords than speaking. I see him following Steve's example by doing all his stuff at the same time in 2023.

I don't see a slightest chance. Of course, I said quite the same about SiT-Senjutsu tour too, but...

Bruce most definitely needs time to rest his voice between shows. Intense touring for a couple of months at a time is quite a handful for him as it is, so I don't think he is willing to compromise anything by doing LOTS of speaking around the same time he's fully occupied with the vocal demand of Maiden shows.

I'm seriously thinking about Dortmund. It looks like a nice place to stay, very convenient to get around, flights from Copenhagen. I doubt there's more arena shows to be added.
I think there will be! The tour will surely start with a indoor show, likely a 10-15k capacity arena. Could see indoor shows in cities like Oslo, Copenhagen, Tampere, Stockholm, Tallinn, Lisbon and Paris.

I think there will be! The tour will surely start with a indoor show, likely a 10-15k capacity arena. Could see indoor shows in cities like Oslo, Copenhagen, Tampere, Stockholm, Tallinn, Lisbon and Paris.
Yeah, there should definitely be a few more shows in the Nordic countries before that 9th of June appearance in Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back