The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe they originally planned on finishing LOTB, releasing Senjutsu and doing a proper tour for it and then a SIT tour afterwards. Due to the pandemic costing them a lot of time they might've combined two tours.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever get a definitive answer.
Yep, that's seem plausible to me. Logically thinking 2020 should have been LOTB tour with one new teaser song (Writing on the Wall), release album autumn 2020. Tour Senjutsu album 2021-2022. And 2023 SIT related tour. Scenario might have even been similar to AMOLAD - one year album heavy oriented leg and following year mixing it with classic album - AMOLAD & Beast vs Senjutsu & SiT.

Although I dont get the sadness of not getting proper album tour. Yes, by tour name it isnt Senjutsu tour, but if we are getting 5-6 songs from Senjutsu next tour (and in 2 tours total maybe 6-7 Senjutsu songs), thats pretty much looks like an album tour to me, with some special twist. Recent album tours have also featured 5-7 songs from new album, so pretty standard stuff.

So quit moning, we are going to see Hell on Earth and Alexander the Great at the same concert, what more to you need!

Anybody reads Japanes? There are a lot of letters in video, maybe they are hinting something.

Also tour poster on Senjutsu side is full of fire and flames, maybe that is hint for Hell on Earth.

Yes, by tour name it isnt Senjutsu tour, but if we are getting 5-6 songs from Senjutsu next tour (and in 2 tours total maybe 6-7 Senjutsu songs), thats pretty much looks like an album tour to me, with some special twist. Recent album tours have also featured 5-7 songs from new album, so pretty standard stuff
Maiden can't do right no matter what. Play five new songs? Nope, not a album tour. The tour name is wrong. Bad Maiden.

Open their Legacy/hits tour with three new songs? Nope, not Legacy, bad Maiden.

Play the whole album? No, sorry, album isn't good enough. Bad Maiden.

Band discussion on playing AtG:

Steve: Come on guys. For once I want to surprise the fans, don't be so negative.
Adrian: But Steve ... I can't remember the solo
Steve: Jan, can you play it?
Janick: Of cou... gets interrupted by Adrian starting practicing.
Bruce: I can't remember the lyrics
STeve: OK, I'll sing then (sound of Bruce running over to the computer to print the lyrics)
Dave: (smiling)
Nicko: "aaaalexander the greeeat" (in a funny voice)
Janick: So we're actually doing it then?
Steve: We'll give it a shot. We can always use Wrathchild if it doesn't work out.

A simple chorus effect on their Marshall tones would produce similar results.
Emm, not really. For example, Dave already uses chorus most of the time now, but his sound is light years away from GK's.

The best way to capture that sound now would be a Kemper or an Axe FX.

Somebody already made a profile:

This sounds nothing like their current sound.

The 250ML's sound is a strange cross between Tom Scholz's Rockman and a real amp. No chorus can turn a Marshall into one.

Last edited:
It's not a necessity for the song to have dozens of people on the stage, it's a gimmick. It would be perfectly fine if they simply played the song like any other, without the additional people.
The way I think Maiden functions, that would amount to playing "Iron Maiden" mid-set, without an Eddie behind the drums.

2 things, Maiden are finally listening to us. BOH on black vinyl (although we dont need another NOTB and its overpriced) and a dedicated SIT. Are they hearing us?

2nd, not Maidens fault this but i never have money when Maide release tickets these days and they get snapped so quick. Thats fair enough of they are genuine fans who get the tickets and i dont but i know so many people who buy tickets who ars barely fans. Two people i know when to the last LOTB gig in Manchester who fell asleep during Maiden , one of my mates went who confessed before the gig he wasnt really a fan of Maiden (and he's gonna get a ticket to this tour) . Lots of people who wont even know the new songs or any deep cuts from SIT yet will still goband moan about the setlist.

Anyway rant over. Im delighted at the announcement jusy afraid im gonna miss out again

Probably not. Gallien-Krueger amps contributed a lot to that tone and those are long gone from their setup. Actually if I am not wrong, that was the only album on which those were used. @matic22 will probably be able to provide some more inside on the matter.

Nowadays there's absoluteley no need for using the amps they used back then to reproduce the SIT guitar tone.

For the big behind the stage Eddie, I think it will be the same that's on the tour poster since Maiden has used just his head on the last 2 tours. And I'm definitely with the majority on ATG being played. Bring on the North American dates! @Jer Hey there fellow Minnesotan! How about meeting up if Maiden comes here? And maybe we can get some others on here to join us.

Reactions: Jer
My guess.

Senjutsu tracks:
TWOTW
DOFP
HOE
Parchment
Darkest Hour (would rather have DOTC but I dont think it gets played:confused:)

SiT tracks:
Wasted Years
SIASL
SOM
HCW
ATG

Also, I think there's a very good chance Darkest Hour will get played since Maiden always performs the "power ballad" type song for new album tours.

No, please. It is already bad enough that such an example of Churchillian worship filled with bullshit saw the light of day; there’s no need to play it live when there are fairly superior songs on the same album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back