The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of future touring plans I’ve always wondered why, instead of just headlining the same festivals over and over again why not start up their own touring festival like ozzfest used to be. Maidenfest :bigsmile:

I’m sure they are a big enough band to do this and grab some top supporting bands and go and tour their own festival. They could do all sorts of stadiums and big venues that they wouldn’t normally play at.

Talking of future touring plans I’ve always wondered why, instead of just headlining the same festivals over and over again why not start up their own touring festival like ozzfest used to be. Maidenfest :bigsmile:

I’m sure they are a big enough band to do this and grab some top supporting bands and go and tour their own festival. They could do all sorts of stadiums and big venues that they wouldn’t normally play at.
I have thought about them doing that as well. I like the idea but I don't know if they would want the hassle of doing it. Would entail a whole bunch more for them to deal with and if anything, anywhere happens to go wrong they will get blamed for it. Because "Maidenfest"

Yeah, lets get a travelig Maiden fest with The raven age, killswitch engage and British lion.

Well, it could work, but I’m sure it is a bit to late for it

That would require being imaginative and daring at the same time. It is much easier to plough the same old furrow.

Would probably require more dates than they usually play
Not really, I would have said the opposite to be honest. A festival with a load of top bands surely doesn’t have to travel as much. I mean, look at regular festivals, they pitch up in a field and if you want to see it you have to travel.

I would say they could pick 3 stadiums in the uk, one down south, one in the midlands and one up north and that’s it for uk dates.

Can someone explain to me why a touring festival is a logistical nightmare as some have been saying. Probably being thick but I just don’t get it.

I don’t see there being any more work than doing their own tour only less venues. To me it’s like a tour with just a load of better and bigger name support acts. Each support band would surely have their own roadcrew and they would get to and from the venues themselves so I can’t see what extra work would be needed.

Of course this wouldn’t be like a proper download festival type thing so no need to hire a big field and have all sorts of other things going on and massive festival security.

I see it as more a way to fill up stadiums with 4/5 support acts that are big draws themselves. Not a proper festival as such.

Can someone explain to me why a touring festival is a logistical nightmare as some have been saying. Probably being thick but I just don’t get it.

I don’t see there being any more work than doing their own tour only less venues. To me it’s like a tour with just a load of better and bigger name support acts. Each support band would surely have their own roadcrew and they would get to and from the venues themselves so I can’t see what extra work would be needed.

Of course this wouldn’t be like a proper download festival type thing so no need to hire a big field and have all sorts of other things going on and massive festival security.

I see it as more a way to fill up stadiums with 4/5 support acts that are big draws themselves. Not a proper festival as such.

It sounds like a nice idea to me!

I'll echo those here who would simply ask the question of "why would Maiden do a touring festival?"

They can pack (and often sell out) sheds and arenas by themselves with middling opening bands. Why would they create some sort of 5-6 band touring festival that played similar-sized venues, where they are now sharing space, trucking and loading logistics, and, most of all, profits?

It's not at all, Slipknot have no troubles taking "Knotfest" around the world to any country they want.
It's only a "logistical nightmare" to Rod who is stuck in his ways and doesn't like change or the extra work :p
While i like the idea of a MaidenFest I can certainly understand why they wouldn't do it. First, it's not necessary for them to have successful tours, and second at their age why deal with all the extra BS? I know I wouldn't :lol:

While i like the idea of a MaidenFest I can certainly understand why they wouldn't do it. First, it's not necessary for them to have successful tours, and second at their age why deal with all the extra BS? I know I wouldn't :lol:
Well yeah I would prefer they never do it, not worth the hassle just to see Maiden aha, But it certainly wouldnt be a logistical nightmare if they wanted too.

Sorry I was thinking about a touring festival using fields rathe than arenas.

I’m not sure what the purpose of such a festival would be. There is an argument made by some that it is Maiden’s job to help the younger bands. They’ve been doing for decades anyway with support acts.

The biggest problem Maiden have had for a long time is poor support acts. I wouldn’t trust them to pick a decent Maidenfest lineup. I know there is always subjectivity when it comes bands, but Maiden fans are very picky. I know I am. I’m already fed up of support acts playing along to click and backing tracks. Most of the industry is going that way and it is so disingenuous. It’s not live music. It’s a 80% or less live. Most Maiden fans I have spoken to just want to see a band that writes good rock songs and has something about them. Shinedown were the best band I saw supporting Maiden and even they used backing tracks! ERGH. There’s no hope.

Rant over.

A one-off would be cool if not a touring festival, maybe have it at Milton Keynes Bowl rather than playing Download every other year. Something like:

MAIN STAGE: Iron Maiden / Judas Priest / Megadeth / W.A.S.P / Mercyful Fate / Helloween
NEW BLOOD STAGE: Evergrey / Unto Others / Eternal Champion / Khemmis / Spirit Adrift / Enforced

No need to chime in with "they would never do this!", I know they wouldn't, but a man can dream! :lol:

The biggest problem Maiden have had for a long time is poor support acts. I wouldn’t trust them to pick a decent Maidenfest lineup.
Doing a normal tour and a festival are two different animals. They are festival veterans and know the drill. I have no doubt there would be a line up to be excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back