The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
to add on to the virtual live discussion: I was very glad to hear Angel and the Gambler shorter version!.. It would be disaster if they played the full version. what are the other songs they shortened for live... where eagles dare come to mind.
It's a bit like the opposite to Running Free, where the studio version has a reasonable length and is short, while some live versions extend it to double or triple its length

There was a short version of Where Eagles Dare? How/where?

The left out one of the last verses in 93. They also do that with Killers sometimes. Basically tracks that have 2 verses after the solo, they ditch one of the verses. Not sure why.

In LOTB 2018/19 they also shortened some repetitions in the middle section. That improved the song imo.
Good call. The middle goes on for faaar too long without meaningful changes. People clown on TAATG but that at least has the decency to change the dynamics and the underlying chord progressions.

The left out one of the last verses in 93. They also do that with Killers sometimes. Basically tracks that have 2 verses after the solo, they ditch one of the verses. Not sure why.
The cut in Killers completes the song very well. Like the one in Maiden England, where it ends right after the Oh God, help me - what have I done? part.

Hahahahahaha I feel stupid for never noticing the Where Eagles Dare change, ever

Didn’t it take until the Early Days Tour for that song to be performed authentically to the studio version? All parts the correct length plus all harmonies included.

Rumors have changed down here in South America. Until last week, the rumors were Maiden was going to play here between march and april. Fanpages from Brazil and mainly from Chile were saying that. Now some colombian fanpage has said that they are in close contact with promoters. According to them, it's a matter of time until Maiden announces they will play on Colombia (and SA) in the second half of 2024.

Also, Rock In Rio 2024 has announced its dates: 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21 and 22 september.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back