The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about something,

TFP tour is a pure celebration of everything Maiden:

CSIT - ferocious really fast opener which is like a speed/power metal song and it's a throwback to the band's early/middle years.
Stranger - groovy and heavy mid-tempo song from the 80's.
Writing - more rock type of a song with an acoustic part.
DOFP - short rocker from the Reunion era.
Time Machine - typical proggy song from the Reunion era.
Prisoner - old school classic Maiden metal from the 80's.
Celts - long epic from the Reunion era, a trademark for the band.
CIPWM - catchy hit single.
Heaven - song from the 80's which is not long or short, it's in the middle and it has a crowd participation.
Alexander - long epic from the 80's.
Fear - fan favorite and song from the 90's.
IM - song from the early days of the band with Paul.
Hell On Earth - one of Maiden's most melodic songs (something essential for the band) with a Blaze era feel to it (long calm intro and very melodic).
Trooper - one of the band's best classic songs.
Wasted Years - melodic rocker from the 80's.

The amazing Iron Maiden! :rocker: :notworthy:

Think it’s moved on to people getting excited about comments people have made about things they’re dreaming of.

The next thing I’m hoping to hear is Dave is ok. Doesn’t he live on Maui?
I didn't think about that. Let's hope so!

I have friends who have a daughter that's been in Hawaii for the Summer and her rental place burned down. She had to evacuate with just her wallet, phone, and the clothes she was wearing. She's okay though and that's the most important thing. Just awful what happened, 50+ dead I hear

I didn't think about that. Let's hope so!

I have friends who have a daughter that's been in Hawaii for the Summer and her rental place burned down. She had to evacuate with just her wallet, phone, and the clothes she was wearing. She's okay though and that's the most important thing. Just awful what happened, 50+ dead I hear
Oh gosh, I’m glad she’s ok, I hope she manages to get home ok and takes time to process it. it’s heartbreaking what’s happened over there (and in many other places this year- I have friends who had to evacuate in Rhodes).

Puts a lot of things into perspective.

I still think people are reading far too much into Bruce's comments in the video.
It's highly unlikely to be a new album, it's not there style to tease / release new music when there still is another full year of the current tour to go.
Unless they are comfortable breaking there pattern of release new album/tour new album and are fine releasing one and playing the majority of the songs in 2025, but I don't see it.

My money is on a live album / blu ray of the current tour released before leg 2. it's always been said how regretful it was not recording the original tour , and with the amount of calls over the years to play songs from SIT Bruce obviously thinks fans will be excited they FINALLY have and we will all be thrilled to see the full show in it's glory documented and released.
Also saw a comment on a previous post that it will possibly have a theater release which would be interesting. (from another person that claimed to be in the know aha)

Last edited:
well, thinking about a new maiden album is not absurd. they recorded senjutsu in 2019. so makes sense they announce new album later this year to be released in 2024. would keep the 5y gap between releases they are doing since TFF in 2010.

well, thinking about a new maiden album is not absurd. they recorded senjutsu in 2019. so makes sense they announce new album later this year to be released in 2024. would keep the 5y gap between releases they are doing since TFF in 2010.
But Senjutsu was released in 2021, making it a six year gap. And even if it they were to follow the original five year gap, we will be due a new album in 2025.

And if we get one, that would be really cool. And if not, that is fine too. Maiden have given us plenty.

But Senjutsu was released in 2021, making it a six year gap. And even if it they were to follow the original five year gap, we will be due a new album in 2025.

And if we get one, that would be really cool. And if not, that is fine too. Maiden have given us plenty.
covid messed up everything but i believe they wrote new music during the lockdown. just speculations.

I still think people are reading far too much into Bruce's comments in the video.
It's highly unlikely to be a new album, it's not there style to tease / release new music when there still is another full year of the current tour to go.

I agree with you that it's most likely not time for another album announcement just yet, but they kind of did that with Senjutsu in 2019 already, as Bruce teased with it on stage while they still had whole 2020 leg of the LOTB tour left ahead.

Myself and a buddy are flying from Sask into Vancouver for the show on October 2. We’re wondering if anyone knows of any meet ups happening before? Also, does anyone know if the band goes out anywhere after the show. I know in Edm they always hit the Sherlock Holmes pub.

I agree with you that it's most likely not time for another album announcement just yet, but they kind of did that with Senjutsu in 2019 already, as Bruce teased with it on stage while they still had whole 2020 leg of the LOTB tour left ahead.
And if I remember correctly, he said in another interview that they've almost wrote another one after Senjutsu was done and couldn't tour due to COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back