The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The news about Nicko's health problems is really sad, but it's twice as inspiring and comforting to see he's made such great recovery. It's crazy how the whole perspective on his performance changes now. Massive, massive respect to Nicko for his dedication and for pulling this off. And in terms of communication, I think it was handled perfectly - revealing it openly after the tour and not letting it become a topic of discussion while they were on the road. Making good news out of bad news. I can't even imagine how stressful it was for the whole Maiden team between January and May... Now I feel reassured there's still some bright future left for the band and it's great.

The man is a monster. Tells me he could have probably played a beast of a song like CSIT probably close to the album version before the stroke even at 70. And yet even post stroke he still manages to get through it really well with a few simplifications.

Was there any indications he was slowing down at all one the last few tours? (Taking the stroke out of the situation)

Everyone at Wacken needs to make sure Nicko knows how much he is loved and appreciated by every maiden fan
I know that Bruce hasn't done band introductions for a few tours but Wacken would be a good time for it, just to give the crowd an opportunity to cheer for Nicko. If not Bruce may say something at the end of the show if Nicko hasn't already told him not to make a big deal out of it.

The man is a monster. Tells me he could have probably played a beast of a song like CSIT probably close to the album version before the stroke even at 70. And yet even post stroke he still manages to get through it really well with a few simplifications.

Was there any indications he was slowing down at all one the last few tours? (Taking the stroke out of the situation)
The Capn' Harris gang saw him perform at his RnR Ribs party last December (Stroke was the next month) and they thought they saw the same old Nicko.

What an excellent way to spend a Friday night, I'll be kicking back with a few beers and raising one for Nicko.

I'll try and wait for official confirmation and the band before I get too excited as these streaming schedules often change at the drop of a hat.

Last edited:
Btw (sorry if this has been answered before) - why only the snare drum is different colour on Nicko's kit? He wanted to do a tribute to 1986? He never used such a kit before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back