The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Amsterdam he blathered some nonsense about our planet dying, but all of it being bullshit, and he don't care cause he won't be around anymore when everything goes up in flames. Unnecessary if you ask me ( :
Coming from a man involved in planes' business, that makes sense. With his opinions on brexit, I sometimes wonder if the man is not turning into a good old conservative.

Bruce speeches are a massive improvement on " [insert wrong city name] is the best damn crowd in the world", "Hello Dublin this is the first night of the UK tour" or "lets see how many muthafuckin' circle pits you muthfuckin' pussy ass muthafuckas can murhafuckin get going" that most other bands come out with
I used to think it was lame that frontmen would say the same boring stuff again and again, but seeing a few of Bruce's clangers in person changed my mind.

The only backdrop that I really did not like was the one for Iron Maiden. Was there really necessary to add the name of the band to that wonderful picture??

With it being in the Senjutsu font it tied the two albums together, but there was probably a subtler way of doing that, maybe just adding some Japanese writing to some of the neon signs in the original picture.

Next in the series: Light show content!

Edit: the idea for this tour came about halfway through the US tour last year.

This is really the content I wish to see. Unfortunatly it's way too short, come on 2 minutes. They could definitely make it 10 minutes, and show us how he arranges a song and how he works during the show.

How so? I think the one used for Days of Future Past & The Time Machine is somewhat neat, kind of a cool idea to use Wasted Years single artwork as a basis. Well it would've been even better to end the show it it, but they often close the show with the tour poster backdrop, or something of similar nature, anyway. I think the same backdrop for Caught Somewhere in Time, Heaven Can Wait and Stranger in a Strange Land with a slight change in the mood works pretty well; it'd be waste to use that Blade Runner style city landscape during just one song, in my opinion. :p
The futuristic backdrop could have been used for only 2 songs and still would have been noticeable imo. As for the DOFP/Time Machine, the idea is nice, but with Maiden's rich imagery (and looking at some of the other great backdrops for this tour), sometimes I hate to see the same backdrop used for 2 or more songs. Especially with those song titles from which you can come up with something amazing. TBOS tour 2017 also had the same backdrop for the first 4 songs, but I think only for IESF the backdrop could have been different - idk, maybe because of the song themes.
The only backdrop that I really did not like was the one for Iron Maiden. Was there really necessary to add the name of the band to that wonderful picture??
Yeah. And why use such a backdrop when you have the big SJ Eddie and especially since you used a modern version of it earlier? It should have been something related to SJ. I know the stage is SIT related, but it would fit better.
This is really the content I wish to see. Unfortunatly it's way too short, come on 2 minutes. They could definitely make it 10 minutes, and show us how he arranges a song and how he works during the show.
I agree. I love tour documentaries too.

Can someone share a picture of the big Eddie (and the whole stage visible), please. I can't find one where we can see everything great (good view), the screens too. He is definitely smaller than previous big Eddies, and when you watch footage of the song live (from a good angle), most of the time you can't see Eddie's eyes which is strange.

At least he does not dress up like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle like in 1986/1987!

His speeches are beyond moronic these days and absolutely embarrassing. Thankfully, the singing is still outstanding for the most part.
It's like he lost a bet or something and now he's forced to come up with the dumbest monologue possible in front of the biggest audience possible.

It's like he lost a bet or something and now he's forced to come up with the dumbest monologue possible in front of the biggest audience possible.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He’s gone from articulated clever guy to obnoxious garrulous twat in a very short time.

Last edited:
-- sometimes I hate to see the same backdrop used for 2 or more songs. Especially with those song titles from which you can come up with something amazing. TBOS tour 2017 also had the same backdrop for the first 4 songs, but I think only for IESF the backdrop could have been different - idk, maybe because of the song themes.

That's fair enough! I do disagree, though. Of course I like that stage landscape changes during the show, but I think it's nice to have similar kind of a view for a couple of songs every now and then. I think it serves the initial concept of most Maiden stage sets that the landscape isn't constantly shifting. The glorious Mayan pyramid from The Book of Souls tour being a perfect example, or the stained glass window from LOTB the another; it would've been bit of a waste if it was used for Revelations only and immediately ditched off. :p

But hey, it's cool to have different opinions on this! I get where you're coming from with that view, I just feel this backdrop business a little bit diffrerently, haha. :)

The fans from this YouTube channel (click here) visited Nicko's drum shop in Manchester when Maiden were there 2 weeks ago - and Nicko has said that Parchment is his favorite song from SJ and he honestly doesn't know why they don't play it live. Maybe they didn't even rehearse it for the tour? Then he wondered which song they could replace with it or something, and the fans shouted ''Death Of The Celts''! - and he said they can't replace that one.

Tbh, if they don't play Parchment it would be such a waste and I will always regret it if it happens. It would be the new Alexander for me.

Bruce likes the song (but probably not a fan of the amount of lyrics), it's an easy song for the band - maybe they think it's not a good live song because of its steady tempo? In one of the interviews after the release of the album, he said that he is surprised that he likes it because it has a lot of repetition, but he wrote songs like Eternity and Empire, so...

Last edited:
Could The Parchment become the new Alexander? Most likely not but I really hope they play it next year.

@Kalata I try check out all their blogs. Even though I'm old enough to be their Dad they would be a fun bunch to hangout with for awhile.

The fans from this YouTube channel (click here) visited Nicko's drum shop in Manchester when Maiden were there 2 weeks ago - and Nicko has said that Parchment is his favorite song from SJ and he honestly doesn't know why they don't play it live. Maybe they didn't even rehearse it for the tour? Then he wondered which song they could replace with it or something, and the fans shouted ''Death Of The Celts''! - and he said they can't replace that one.

Tbh, if they don't play Parchment it would be such a waste and I will always regret it if it happens.

Not playing The Parchment is probably the best thing about the current tour. Overrated plodding song if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back