The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally went to my first Maiden show in London, on the 8th, having been a fan since 2006. Had a blast. It truly is an experience to be surrounded by 20 thousand people all singing the songs. The band was great. Getting to see Alexander was a treat, as well as the Senjutsu songs. Even though it was my first show, I could've done without Prisoner, Trooper and FotD. Of course I enjoyed them a lot, but they've done these songs a billion times. We could've gotten Sea of Madness or Deja Vu instead. Oh well, you can't have a Maiden show without some classics I suppose.

Oh, and I really hope they put out a live album for these tour!

Wow, the CSIT form Antwerp is really great! I also heard someone say that Bruce said something like "see you next year" in Antwerp, can someone confirm this? Also said similar in London

Wow, the CSIT form Antwerp is really great! I also heard someone say that Bruce said something like "see you next year" in Antwerp, can someone confirm this? Also said similar in London
And BTW, I checked the bpm and it's at least as fast as the studio version

Yes, and release a statement. I want Maiden to be the Batman of official statements. Like, as soon as anything happens anywhere, Maiden (ok, their publicists) swoop in and drop a statement on behalf of the band.

:D

Basically confirming my suspicions.

What happened is very likely this:

They started talking about what they want to play during Senjutsu tour. At least 3 members wanted to do SIASL again (Bruce, H and Nicko). So, that was shortlisted. Then Nicko pushed for ATG and that was shortlisted too. Wasted Years was also likely to be the closer again, as they loved closing the shows with it during TBOS. So, they had 1 SIT not-so-frequently played song and 1 SIT never performed song in the set plus the most popular one and said, fuck it, we are already playing the first 3 Senjustu songs in the set, lets drop 2 of those and add a couple more SIT songs and do a hybrid tour instead of playing 7 Senjutsu songs, Alexander, SIASL and 6 standard classics.

Also, Nicko called this tour "Senjutsu tour" before the start of LOTB 2022.

According to the tour postergramme, the curent tour concept is by Steve Harris, Rod Smallwood and Ed Stewart-Lockhart. :)

For the Legacy of the Beast tour, according to the tour programme, the tour concept was by Rod Smallwood.

According to the tour postergramme, the curent tour concept is by Steve Harris, Rod Smallwood and Ed Stewart-Lockhart. :)

For the Legacy of the Beast tour, according to the tour programme, the tour concept was by Rod Smallwood.
That's believable. But it was probably based on band members' wishes.

Even though it was my first show, I could've done without Prisoner, Trooper and FotD. Of course I enjoyed them a lot, but they've done these songs a billion times. We could've gotten Sea of Madness or Deja Vu instead. Oh well, you can't have a Maiden show without some classics I suppose.
A tour without the big classics is impossible. It's lucky that this tour only has 3 of them!
About the SIT songs, I don't think the band even considered Deja-Vu (a song without a solo/s), while Sea Of Madness was probably considered/rehearsed, but they chose Heaven Can Wait because Janick would have had even less solos in the set. Same songs like in 1986, with Alexander instead of Sea/Runner. Maybe it wasn't comfortable enough for Nicko? It wasn't their original choice in 1986 and they dropped it for the 2nd leg in 1987.

For me, the current setlist would have been perfect if it contained the songs: Parchment, Sea Of Madness and Futureal/Out Of The Silent Planet/Brave New World. Still one of Maiden's best setlists.
But they follow a very consequent path with it in the tradition of the entire album, which is overrated and plodding.
Overrated? I don't think so. Plodding? Stratego, TWOTW, DOFP, Time Machine, Hell On Earth! Parchment and the title track are specific songs. And a ballad, which is usually slow.

Even though it was my first show, I could've done without Prisoner, Trooper and FotD. Of course I enjoyed them a lot, but they've done these songs a billion times

Well not The Prisoner? It's been 9 years since it was last played and before it returned for Maiden England 2012 it was 21 years before it's last stint in the set, so it sure isn't exactly overplayed. :D One of the set highlights for me!

3 questions about this tour (and any tour):

1. How many staff (Killer Crew) this tour has?
2. What is the % of the ticket sales that goes to Maiden pockets?
3. Or is it a fixed amount that promoters give to Maiden to play instead of a cut from the tickets?

@Luisma @GhostofCain @srfc

No idea mate. Sometimes bands get paid a flat fee and sometimes a flat fee plus a percentage if they sell more tickets than a certain amount, but I do not know what is the business model used by Maiden.

Backstage video:

Davey has another new guitar with a reverse headstock. Colin is playing it during line check.View attachment 27595
Very late reply but I am sure it's Henrik Danhage's (EVERGREY) Charvel

2966035855_cha_ins_fal_1_rr.png
MurrayCharvel.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back