The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately this is why I always have a seat. Some “men” think crowds are an excuse to get their grubby mitts where they don’t belong. If true, I hope Maiden find out who they are and ban them for life, there’s too few girls in the crowd as it is without worrying about shit like this (and potentially one of the reasons why).

Glad I’ll be with my 6ft policeman husband.

Mind you I once had to intercept a man following a young boy at a Robbie Williams concert (don’t ask) so shit can kick off anywhere.
So, according to Reddit, some shit went down at Leeds last night.

View attachment 28229

If this is true then it’s an absolute disgrace. People are there to see,and listen to one of the greatest bands of all time and should be able,to in a safe friendly environment. I know this isn’t remotely representative of the maiden fan base,but there could be some girls/women put off gig going and supporting live music for life after that. People that have acted like that should be dropped to the bottom of the nearest river.

Unbelievable. Most of the crowd was great, although P did see someone getting dragged out of the standing area near the end.

Unfortunately this is why I always have a seat. Some “men” think crowds are an excuse to get their grubby mitts where they don’t belong. If true, I hope Maiden find out who they are and ban them for life, there’s too few girls in the crowd as it is without worrying about shit like this (and potentially one of the reasons why).

Glad I’ll be with my 6ft policeman husband.

Mind you I once had to intercept a man following a young boy at a Robbie Williams concert (don’t ask) so shit can kick off anywhere.

Really sad. I've NEVER seen this at any metal or punk show - non metal/punk music gigs and nightclubs are a different matter, but metal fans usually have a shit ton more respect than that (plus the girls are very likely to punch them).

I wonder if this was one or two tourists ie people sightseeing with no interest in the band. Used to get them in Manchester, although rarely at metal gigs.

Last edited:
Yeah did any of that stuff actually happen though or did one person just post that on Reddit and you just mindlessly screengrabbed it and shared it without any additional information? Must have been fairly serious if people were arrested? Any links?

Yeah did any of that stuff actually happen though or did one person just post that on Reddit and you just mindlessly screengrabbed it and shared it without any additional information? Must have been fairly serious if people were arrested? Any links?
Not seen anything anywhere else. Like I say, my partner saw someone dragged out by security, but that doesn't necessarily mean tye other alleged stuff happened. It was your bog standard average Maiden crowd.

I've been to 10+ maiden shows and have seen trouble with security at basically every show. Totally normal when you have 10k+ people at any arena show there's alwaysa handful of people who are on the beer since 10am that day and end up doing stupid stuff.

I've no idea if it happened or not as I wasn't there. Hence why I wrote "according to" in my post. Personally, I don't see why someone would invent such a story and it's not exactly like big concerts don't have drunken idiots in them

If you need a link there here it is.

In related news, Steve took a tumble.

I also missed this! P saw it.

No footage of Adrian and the fish yet?

You can noticed Steve falling putting his foot in the hole between monitors. And even you can notice some stupid people in the middle of the pit pushing & fighting each other

I winced whenever Steve or Adrian stepped across one of those gaps, probably my work health and safety rep head on.

Anyway, finally got some thought together about the show:

Wow! Sound was fantastic, much better than the last time they were at Leeds. I knew the setlist anyway, but didn't appreciate how it would play. It felt like they were out there for hours, but stayed energetic. Death of the Celts and Hell On Earth were far better live than I'd expected. Loved TWOTW - its the first time I'd heard it live, and CSIT was amazing. I'd always thought Time Machine would be a possible live song if only for Janick to dance to, and it didn't disappoint. Alexander was quite well received, although not half as well as FOTD. :'(

I was fully expecting a more pedestrian Bruce. However he was bounding around like a nutter as ever, and his voice was strong too. In fact I thought Steve, Dave and Adrian were more mobile than usual. Great to see a bit more crowd interaction from Dave and hear more of him this time. He sounded great. It goes without saying that Adrian plays a very prominent role in this tour, too, it really showcases his ability.

My favourite moment - someone threw a rubber fish at Adrian's feet. He picked it up by the tail, swung it round for a while the way Janick usually does his guitar, before launching it back into the crowd.

I was wondering - could TWOTW be played on a third tour in a row? It's such a live favorite that I think it could be played again, whether it be Hits/50th anniv. (one song from each album, nope - 17>15) or New album tour. It's an easy song for the band and it sounds great live. Hell On Earth is longer.
But then again, I think the band will want to have room for more ''rare'' songs like now. Idk, I have such a feeling. I hope this tour is not a one-off in terms of the deep cuts in the set. Maybe Alexander will stay for another tour!

But then again, I think the band will want to have room for more ''rare'' songs like now. Idk, I have such a feeling. I hope this tour is not a one-off in terms of the deep cuts in the set. Maybe Alexander will stay for another tour!
I think they are in deep cut mode, it began with COTD and Powerslave in 2016, then they went deeper for LOTB and played Icarus, Sign of the Cross ++

This tour they went even deeper and I think it will continue. Sun and Steel or Only the Good Die Young for the next tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back