The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many fans have to wait until they will make a 'petition' tour… And that will never happen. :cool:

Don’t give them any silly ideas! An Iron Maiden by Request Tour voted by fans would probably end up with a setlist featuring their best-known classic songs. For every Maiden-nerd wanting to hear To Tame a Land live there are thousands who prefer The Trooper…

Don’t give them any silly ideas! An Iron Maiden by Request Tour voted by fans would probably end up with a setlist featuring their best-known classic songs. For every Maiden-nerd wanting to hear To Tame a Land live there are thousands who prefer The Trooper…
I sometimes have fantasies where I’m one of those obscenely rich oil barons and I could pay millions of dollars to fly an artist in to play my birthday party.

Maiden, 20k die hard Maiden nerds and a lot of money.

I wonder what that price would be….

I still remember the comments from fans online back in 2000 discussing the possibility of the band dropping Sign of the Cross and The Clansman during the North American tour as the songs were not received that well there. Guess what? The band did not drop them.

On the other hand, after the 'Murican audiences didn't like the whole of AMOLAD being played, they dropped a lot of it for the next leg in favour of TNOTB picks. I was absolutely livid - you can drive a Bentley, but you pick Vauxhall Viva instead.

That said, I don't really recall them dropping songs just like that. IIRC, Loneliness was played at 2-3 shows on the original tour and then dropped (do we know why?).

Ed Huntour was pretty solid though. Wasn't the setlist partially comprised by fan vote requests?

People wish for Death Of The Celts do be dropped, so that another Senjutsu epic can be played instead.

monkeys-paw-paw.gif

It gets replaced by Lost In A Lost World instead :D

I'd love that to be honest. LIALW is one of my favorites on the album and I'd prefer it to DOTC and The Parchment. :ninja:
That’s okay with me. I love Lost in a Lost World. But I also think all the negativity about Death of the Celts is the usual forum negative BS. I’ve watched a few videos, and Death of the Celts sounds great live. I’d prefer The Parchment, but I’ll still enjoy Death of the Celts if I see the show.

On the other hand, after the 'Murican audiences didn't like the whole of AMOLAD being played, they dropped a lot of it for the next leg in favour of TNOTB picks. I was absolutely livid - you can drive a Bentley, but you pick Vauxhall Viva instead.

That said, I don't really recall them dropping songs just like that. IIRC, Loneliness was played at 2-3 shows on the original tour and then dropped (do we know why?).
Is it really necessary to go there? This American really wished he could have seen the AMOLAD tour. I would be tearing up the halves of the "Play Classics" sign after Bruce was done with it.

And TLOTLDR was only played once.

Do you think they're going to drop one song because you don't like it? You've got Death of the Celts the whole tour. I think many fans have to wait until they will make a 'petition' tour… And that will never happen. :cool:
Wasn’t Ed Huntour a petition tour? Fans voted what should be on the album and that was basically the setlist?

Is it really necessary to go there? This American really wished he could have seen the AMOLAD tour. I would be tearing up the halves of the "Play Classics" sign after Bruce was done with it.

And TLOTLDR was only played once.

That's impossible! Inconceivable! Are you sure you're not, like, at least 0,00000001% European?

:ninja:

That said, I don't really recall them dropping songs just like that.
True. I think AMOLAD 2006 tour was an exception. It was always going to be only 1 leg with the whole album regardless of the locations.
But I also think all the negativity about Death of the Celts is the usual forum negative BS. I’ve watched a few videos, and Death of the Celts sounds great live. I’d prefer The Parchment, but I’ll still enjoy Death of the Celts if I see the show.
It's not about that, I like the song a lot and it's really good and enjoyable live, but Parchment is something special and a level up for me.

I'd rather have Wrathchild than TTAL. Not because I like the former, but because I dislike the latter. :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back