The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have Wrathchild than TTAL. Not because I like the former, but because I dislike the latter. :ninja:

The lyrics are clunky as fuck, but the intro/outro riff was one of my first "love it to death" moments when I started to discover Maiden.

I’m still waiting for people to come out of the woodwork demanding a Piece of Mind retrospective tour just because they haven’t played Still Life or To Tame a Land.

I’m still waiting for people to come out of the woodwork demanding a Piece of Mind retrospective tour just because they haven’t played Still Life or To Tame a Land.
I adore Still Life and DWYBO, which both have been neglected for too long, but LOTB 18/19 featured 4 POM songs. Almost as many as SIT and SNJ get on the Future Past tour each, so I'm willing to give POM a rest.

Just a random thought. I wonder if Nicko was the reason why Where Eagles Dare and The Wicker Man were dropped from the set last year. I know they had to fit in the three Senjutsu songs, but I would have thought at least The Wicker Man would have stayed.

But considering him simplifying drum lines on this tour makes me think he probably wasn't confident enough to play those songs. Pure speculation of course.

Just a random thought. I wonder if Nicko was the reason why Where Eagles Dare and The Wicker Man were dropped from the set last year. I know they had to fit in the three Senjutsu songs, but I would have thought at least The Wicker Man would have stayed.

But considering him simplifying drum lines on this tour makes me think he probably wasn't confident enough to play those songs. Pure speculation of course.
I think it was more those songs being the logical ones to be dropped as well as Greater Good - although that one probably because it went over like a lead balloon. For the closing war set, they couldn't just go fast song into fast song into fast song, encore break, fast song. Wicker Man didn't particularly have any props to it unlike SotC, Icarus, Hallowed or Fear and wouldn't have been a good song to follow up Revelations.

On the other hand, after the 'Murican audiences didn't like the whole of AMOLAD being played, they dropped a lot of it for the next leg in favour of TNOTB picks. I was absolutely livid - you can drive a Bentley, but you pick Vauxhall Viva instead.

That said, I don't really recall them dropping songs just like that. IIRC, Loneliness was played at 2-3 shows on the original tour and then dropped (do we know why?).
Loneliness was played at just one show. Steve did not like the flow of the set with it from what I've read. It came third after CSIT and 2M2M... Sea of Madness replaced it in the flow of songs. It was an odd place to put it tbh but I hate they just dropped it. Imagine rehearsing and then after one show going, nah....

Loneliness was played at just one show. Steve did not like the flow of the set with it from what I've read. It came third after CSIT and 2M2M... Sea of Madness replaced it in the flow of songs. It was an odd place to put it tbh but I hate they just dropped it. Imagine rehearsing and then after one show going, nah....
Yeah, agreed. It would’ve fit way better later in the set.

Special is Proshot live&backstage!
The 2nd night in Krakow sounded great. They probably recorded it for a future live concert video, like they will do with the Dortmund shows imo and Power Trip festival I guess.
but LOTB 18/19 featured 4 POM songs. Almost as many as SIT and SNJ get on the Future Past tour each, so I'm willing to give POM a rest.
Yep, although it's fun to toy with that idea for some of the albums...
Killers - Wrathchild, Murders In The Rue Morgue, Killers, Prodigal Son, Drifter

POM - Trooper, To Tame A Land, Still Life, Die With Your Boots On, Flight Of Icarus

Powerslave - 2 Minuets To Midnight, Powerslave, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Back In The Village/The Duellists, Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)

SSOASS - Infinite Dreams, Only The Good Die Young, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, The Clairvoyant/The Evil That Men Do, Moonchild

NPFTD - Tailgunner, No Prayer For The Dying, Public Enema Number One, Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter, Fates Warning

FOTD - Be Quick Or Be Dead, Fear Of The Dark, Wasting Love, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Judas Be My Guide/The Fugitive

TXF - Sign Of The Cross, Lord Of The Flies, Man On The Edge, Blood On The World's Hands, Fortunes Of War/The Edge Of Darkness

VXI - The Clansman, Futureal, When Two Worlds Collide, Como Estais Amigos, 5th?

BNW - Ghost Of The Navigator, Blood Brothers, Brave New World, Out Of The Silent Planet, Dream Of Mirrors (or Thin Line!)

AMOLAD - Brighter Than A Thousand Suns/These Colours Don't Run, Different World, The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, Lord Of Light, The Longest Day... really hard songs to play live.

TFF - Coming Home, The Alchemist, Isle Of Avalon, When The Wild Wind Blows, El Dorado/The Final Frontier

TBOS - Empire Of The Clouds is enough!
Just a random thought. I wonder if Nicko was the reason why Where Eagles Dare and The Wicker Man were dropped from the set last year.
I think it was more those songs being the logical ones to be dropped
I think both statements are true.

Bruce's rant before DOTC. Hope for The Parchment? Doesn't seem so... :lol:
I wonder if Bruce didn't want to play it? Maybe he is not a fan of the lyrics (like is the case with To Tame A Land) or the amount of them. I think they at least rehearsed it.

Btw, was the rumour that they rehearsed Moonchild true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back