The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't active on forum for some weeks and I don't know if you have discussed this topic already. What do you think will be changed songs on a possible 2024 leg of this tour. They usually change around 2 songs for next part of the tour so my prediction will be neither from SIT or SJ as both albums are represented with "unchangable songs". So I guess CIPWM will be replaced for another track from either SSOASS, Powerslave or modern era and probably FOTD to be replaced with HBTY (that would make FOTD for the first time not being played live since 2005). What are your guesses?
None of them. If there's a 2025 leg (which I doubt), there'll be some changes.

I think there is a bigger chance the lineup will change than the setlist for next year.
I guess you're referring to Nicko here, right? Just curious: How realistic do you folks consider the possibility that this tour could really be his last with Maiden? I've read a lot about issues he is dealing with being discussed here but I didn't check out many YT videos yet to keep up a bit with the surprise for Hannover next week.

I guess you're referring to Nicko here, right? Just curious: How realistic do you folks consider the possibility that this tour could really be his last with Maiden? I've read a lot about issues he is dealing with being discussed here but I didn't check out many YT videos yet to keep up a bit with the surprise for Hannover next week.
I don't think he'll leave Maiden after this tour. He looks to me like he's having more fun on stage than any other band member. Well there's age, he's like 70 or something, so I'm expecting only like simplification of some songs...

I think if you watched some videos you’d know the answer. As far as his current status: he’s fine. He’s just fine. But that’s the thing, Nicko has never been just a “fine” drummer. He’s known for being a thunderous octopus driving a the music along at 400000bpm. And that’s very much what he’s not now. He’s doing some fills here and there and keeping the beat, at mostly album tempo.

Listening to the 2nd Krakow show and Nicko is great again. Nailed Prisoner and Alexander and great in most other cases. Wasted Years still has a discrepency when the riff speeds up just before the solo (H is desperately trying to solve that issue during last few shows by standing next to the drums).

I guess with his age, we will get inconstent performances. But he can still knock it out.

Last edited:
What do you think will be changed songs on a possible 2024 leg of this tour. They usually change around 2 songs for next part of the tour so my prediction will be neither from SIT or SJ as both albums are represented with "unchangable songs". So I guess CIPWM will be replaced for another track from either SSOASS, Powerslave or modern era and probably FOTD to be replaced with HBTY (that would make FOTD for the first time not being played live since 2005). What are your guesses?
Unfortunately (and I only say this because of Parchment) - most likely there will be no changes, even for Power Trip this year imo.
If the tour has a 3rd leg (I doubt it), then I would say yes. They might change one new song next year (maybe Parchment for Celts, I don't want Parchment to be the ''new Alexander''... please) or they can add Hallowed, NOTB or a Powerslave song, but the latter is more doubtful.
CIPWM can be replaced, but it's also an easy song for the band to play live. The other potential candidate is Prisoner, but the band really enjoy playing it. I can't see them playing songs like Sea Of Madness or Clairvoyant. Brave New World is a possible choice and it will balance the solos in the set for Janick. From the new songs, they could only drop Celts, I guess. The chorus of DOFP is not that easy for Bruce, but that's the name of the tour and I doubt they will play Darkest Hour.

Speaking of other songs, I miss Hallowed on this tour, a fantastic (but not easy) live song. NOTB, not so much. The worst sounding song on this tour IMO is Wasted Years. And that's because it's the last song in the set. Some nights the tempo of Trooper is good. I don't mind if they change it for another song, Hallowed is perfect for there.

Yes. But my main point is that I think the setlist will remain the same. This tour can be compared to Maiden England 12/13 and LOTB 18/19 when they started in just one continent. And yes I know they have those four shows later this year outside of Europe.

Yes. But my main point is that I think the setlist will remain the same. This tour can be compared to Maiden England 12/13 and LOTB 18/19 when they started in just one continent. And yes I know they have those four shows later this year outside of Europe.
Agreed. I do not see them changing anything at all.

People wish for Death Of The Celts to be dropped, so that another Senjutsu epic can be played instead.

monkeys-paw-paw.gif

It gets replaced by Lost In A Lost World instead :D

I'd love that to be honest. LIALW is one of my favorites on the album and I'd prefer it to DOTC and The Parchment. :ninja:

Last edited:
That video British Drums put out of the making of Nicko's set had DoFP, TTM and curiously enough The Parchment as the audio track. Clearly, clearly this must mean Celts was a last-minute replacement!!! The Parchment still has a chance in 2024!

(it wasn't and it doesn't, it has a very elaborate backdrop)

People wish for Death Of The Celts do be dropped, so that another Senjutsu epic can be played instead.
It gets replaced by Lost In A Lost World instead :D

I'd love that to be honest. LIALW is one of my favorites on the album and I'd prefer it to DOTC and The Parchment. :ninja:
I agree that would be great since I also prefer 'Lost In A Lost World'. The title also echoes 'Stranger In A Strange Land'.

Do you think they're going to drop one song because you don't like it? You've got Death of the Celts the whole tour. I think many fans have to wait until they will make a 'petition' tour… And that will never happen. :cool:

Do you think they're going to drop one song because you don't like it? You've got Death of the Celts the whole tour. I think many fans have to wait until they will make a 'petition' tour… And that will never happen. :cool:

I still remember the comments from fans online back in 2000 discussing the possibility of the band dropping Sign of the Cross and The Clansman during the North American tour as the songs were not received that well there. Guess what? The band did not drop them.

I was just poking a bit of fun, because I don't see them changing the setlist. DOTC has an elaborate (and probably expensive) backdrop. It's also probably quite fun for the band to perform, so it'll stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back