The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was totally fine with Bruce. He sounds amazing, I even thought that he might have secured his voice a bit on CSIT.
The higher parts in the songs were really more like relaxed and natural sounding, away from the straining and pushed notes (that were some years ago).
His singing voice on the albums and tours after the cancer, it was relieving and he's managed to keep his voice taking good care of it.
Also Im pretty sure, that when he's standing there still and not running around while singing, it's the more demanding songs and parts that needs to be more concentrated. That was all just for the performance of his voice, so it's totally cool.
He used to move a lot during can i play with madness and prisoner. Something happens for sure. But the guy had a cancer,a problem in his aquiles,one or two hips changed or fixed and 65 years old. So...we have seen him running jumping singing and giving all he can on stage. If he can not run because x reason he still can sing. Not like axl rose he cannot run and sing,nor run,nor sing

I can't see how anyone would prefer it the other way around
Playing devil's advocate, there's probably some fans somewhere that really can't tell much difference in his live singing, but not seeing him move around and run and play and jump and prance is super noticeable to those folks. I'm not one of those folks. If he's a 65 year old cancer survivor with bionic hips or whatever, then he's welcome to stay anchored to one spot if it means he's hitting all the notes and the band doesn't need to change their tuning. Bruce is the GOAT.

Btw, I think Bruce doesn't move around the stage that much because he wants to concentrate on the performances of some special (or usually difficult - Stranger, Days) songs. Alexander and Hell On Earth are such songs in the set. For me too.
Bruce doesn't move around because he's 65 and either he runs around or sings. Also several songs are demanding.

Multiple new songs/first time playing live songs, seldom played live songs here folks. Bruce simply appears to me to be more a case of concentrating, preparing the upcoming vocal lines, More so Than physical inability.
To me this is evident , for example, on ATG, at least the first couple shows. You see him gathering himself, going over the line in his head in preparation.

I believe as he gets more comfortable, a few more shows under the belt , he’ll be covering more ground on the stage. Of course he’s older, but i honestly think this new setlist ,it being early in the tour, with rare material, is most to blame for a little less jumping around than we’re used to - so far.

See you later, maybe next year

Bruce just now
So... Some Euro dates is a possibility next year, I guess...

I really think they might add more US dates after Power Trip. Then SA in the spring and Euro dates in the summer again.

Last edited:
So... Some Euro dates is a possibility next year, I guess...

I really think they might add more US dates after Power Trip. Then SA in the spring and Euro dates in the summer again.
They would surly do NA and SA together right? Being in the U.S I’m not liking your assessment of the situation! Lol.
Next summer is NA / SA- right?
…. Right?

They would surly do NA and SA together right? Being in the U.S I’m not liking your assessment of the situation! Lol.
Next summer is NA / SA- right?
…. Right?
Dunno.

Another possibility is that they do like 10 dates in NA/Canada this year and then do 10 SA, 20 NA and 10-15 Euro dates next year.

I doubt they will do another extensive North American tour (for example playing 4 shows in different locations in Texas).

I don’t see much reason to think they’re going to follow anything other than the usual pattern of European dates one year and NA/SA the next. Maybe they try to fit in additional dates in other territories, a UK tour or something, but it would be tacked on to the usual itinerary of the Americas. The real question is whether they stretch this out to a third leg. Personally I feel this set is too deep cut/new material heavy for a three year mega world tour, but we’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back