The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just said that Steve was the one that needed to be convinced...
Steve meet up with Bruce at some point in late October early November 1998 without the bands knowledge. The other bandmembers (not Blaze) was made aware of this during the Japanese leg of Virtual XI tour and it was basically a done deal by December 98. Steve was the force behind the reunion with Bruce and again, this was done without the input of the other members. Janick even offered to leave the band when he was told Adrian was coming back.
Nowadays with the little time left
Maiden could be the next Rolling Stones over the next 15 years! I'm sure there will be many more tours to come!

It's just that I'd rather have an average performance from the "true" members of Maiden than having a stellar performance but with...hired guns only! For this there are a lot of tribute bands out there...
AC/DC touring without Malcom Young is like Maiden touring without Steve. But there were still people were very excited about the Agnes Young/Cliff Willams/Axl Rose/Stevie Young/Chris Slade lineup.

Steve stated the fact that with this line up if one member leaves, it would be the end.
Namnlöst-1.jpg

I ain't going into details now but you're definitely wrong with the "everyone wanted to fire Blaze in 98" thing
Nicko pressured Steve with the soundboards of Blaze, Steve went to the meeting with Dickinson because they both were intrested in a reunion, Janick and Dave were made aware of the reunion meeting happening in England a little bit later while on tour in Japan. What am I missing? I don't see anyone sticking up for Blaze trough action.

I loved the Blaze era but being online in those days as a Blaze Bayley fan was nothing short of horrible. I remember the band doing a press release before Virtual XI was released because the rumours were that Blaze was out..

Last edited:
AC/DC touring without Malcom Young is like Maiden touring without Steve. But there were still people were very excited about the Agnes Young/Cliff Willams/Axl Rose/Stevie Young/Chris Slade lineup.
Yeah, but that isn't the point lol. I would still be very excited to see Maiden touring without Nicko, I'm not against that. I'd just be much more excited to see them with Nicko, even if he isn't playing some damn fills, and the tempos are pretty good this tour too. However, if Nicko himself feels like calling it a day, I'd be more than happy to watch new Maiden without him, but if he's happy and still doing a good job, why replace the man?

So this (or those?) is Hell On Earth Eddie. Rebel!

Attachments

• hell on earth eddie.jpg
    hell on earth eddie.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 32
Steve is Iron Maiden it is not secret. Luckily he seems to be normal boss at least for last 24 yrs so people are not leaving :D

But before that...a lot of problems, but in 90's he realised if he dont change approach

Gonna ask here: I'm looking for rankings to start coming in for songs in the Commentary subforum. Would it be better if I just pulled the thread into here for a day or two in order to spark discussion and get some votes in?

I'm coming from a time where Steve never hesitated to replace key members like Burr or Smith. We've been very lucky over the past 24 years!
Steve didn't fired Adrian.. he quit. It's two different things and being a two guitar band of course they found a replacement.

Burr was fired because he had is own issues and lets face it... Maiden was a very very young Band back then and getting on the Top of the World. It was a No brainer decision.

Blaze was a really BAD casting decision since day one... not only that Steve made also the huge mistake of not even trying to adapt the Band to Blaze voice and singing capabilities... same way they are making the mistake of not tuning down half step to accommodate Bruce lack of voice reach.

I'm also a believer that if anything happens to ANY of those boys the band will be over. Lets face it.. they don't need the money (unlike Priest)... they have nothing to prove to anyone and they will always be one of the Biggest Bands in History.

Even Nicko though they would be over if Bruce would not recover from his Cancer:

Once he realized the severity of the situation, McBrain said he briefly considered the possibility that it could mean the end of the band. "I’d be a liar if I didn’t think for a minute, ‘That’s Iron Maiden finished,'" he admitted. "I thought more about the possibility of losing my friend than anything else, to be honest."

Source:

Steve didn't fired Adrian.. he quit.
Not talking about the fireing. Talking about continuing with new members!
Even Nicko though they would be over if Bruce would not recover from his Cancer:
Lets be real here: Nicko has little say in the direction or decisions of the band. But to go on without Bruce... that would be a shock

I'm also a believer that if anything happens to ANY of those boys the band will be over.
Lets meet back at this forum in 2026 on this date and we'll see!
Well, I love Nicko but now the situation could be the same for himself...
Agreed.

Last edited:
Well, I love Nicko but now the situation could be the same for himself...
We don't know what the full story is, and it's a completely different situation. With Blaze, he had multiple years and two full world tours to grow into the role of Iron Maiden frontman. It's pretty clear that by mid-1998, it just wasn't a good fit live.

Yes, Nicko's playing is noticeably different this year, but since 2012 he's been bowing to the demands of Bruce and Adrian more in terms of tempo and playing things closer to the album speed. There could be another request from someone in the band to simplify some parts for whatever reason.

Or... maybe he's recovering from an injury or an illness of some kind. Remember all the talk about Bruce not running and jumping around as much in 2019? And then we learned in early 2021 he had been having serious hip issues to the point of needing a replacement in 2020. We have no idea what he's going through, and may never know. The differences in his playing may just disappear the further they get into the tour.

The point is... we don't know the full story, or how things will play out over the course of the tour. All of this calling for Nicko to step down based on a couple of early shows with a challenging setlist is way overblown, IMO.

Not talking about the fireing. Talking about continuing with new members!

Lets be real here: Nicko has little say in the direction or decisions of the band...

Lets meet back at this forum in 2026 on this date and we'll see!

Agreed.
Man.. continuing with NEW Members was freaking 40 and 30+ years ago...
Do you really think if Bruce cant sing anymore a "new" singer will be there? They already had a DISASTROUS new singer when they were an established band... they wont do another Disaster

We don't know what the full story is, and it's a completely different situation. With Blaze, he had multiple years and two full world tours to grow into the role of Iron Maiden frontman. It's pretty clear that by mid-1998, it just wasn't a good fit live.

Yes, Nicko's playing is noticeably different this year, but since 2012 he's been bowing to the demands of Bruce and Adrian more in terms of tempo and playing things closer to the album speed. There could be another request from someone in the band to simplify some parts for whatever reason.

Or... maybe he's recovering from an injury or an illness of some kind. Remember all the talk about Bruce not running and jumping around as much in 2019? And then we learned in early 2021 he had been having serious hip issues to the point of needing a replacement in 2020. We have no idea what he's going through, and may never know. The differences in his playing may just disappear the further they get into the tour.

The point is... we don't know the full story, or how things will play out over the course of the tour. All of this calling for Nicko to step down based on a couple of early shows with a challenging setlist is way overblown, IMO.
Hear, hear!

Man.. continuing with NEW Members was freaking 40 and 30+ years ago...
How is that an argument against Maiden touring without Nicko? AC/DC went on without Malcom, Mötley without Mars, Stones without Watts.
Do you really think if Bruce cant sing anymore a "new" singer will be there?
AC/DC toured with f****ng Axl Rose, I can't predict the future.

If Nicko was about to step down I'm sure Lazarus would be in the tour company with them right now, which he isn't. But Nicko touring another album cycle?

How is that an argument against Maiden touring without Nicko? AC/DC went on without Malcom, Mötley without Mars, Stones without Watts.

AC/DC toured with f****ng Axl Rose, I can't predict the future.

If Nicko was about to step down I'm sure Lazarus would be in the tour company with them right now, which he isn't. But Nicko touring another album cycle?
Are we talking about Band continuity or Band fulfilling their Tour commitments? They were already set to start the Tour when they had to find a replacement and they found one that is a very well known person and in fact did an excellent job even though he was not ok physically.

Motley Crue is a JOKE and the people that pay to go see that Playback Circus are the Clowns. ... and the Stones well... they do a Tour every 20 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back