The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Bruce's cancer they got quite more creative with the setlist, their lowest point being TFF 2011 and Cabaret England (that was the worse). TBOS had a few surprises, Legacy was great and this one is amazing.
TFF 2011 is possibly the least creative Maiden setlist ever, especially considering what they played in 2010.

Also, I think the correct thing to do on this tour would be rotating FOTD and Hallowed. One show each.

Same could be done with Trooper and 2MTM.

And with that, you would have probably the best set ever.

For the NA gigs, they could drop Celts or Time Machine and play 2MTM and Hallowed instead.

Shirley actually was a part of the tease before they announced this tour (resulting in speculation that maybe they weren't announcing a tour but some remastered archive release they suddenly discovered) and in the press release "Steve" said they wanted to rectify not filming the original tour for a live video, so I think it's actually possible he'll be recording a few shows down the line. Too early for it now though but might be worth keeping it in mind.

La7gAem.jpg

We need it on a shirt

I was there in Ljubljana. No words to describe that moment when the intro of CSIT started. Never seen so many grown men crying at a metal concert. We all shouted the lyrics with teary eyes, it was unbelieveable.
Rest of the setlist is superb too, but I gotta say the rehearsals kind of spoiled all the surprises for me. (I didn't watch videos, but heard ATG and The Prisoner getting played while sitting outside the arena.)
The only song I was not expecting is DOTC. I didn't like the studio version, and it's not much better in a live setting either. Crowd was pretty much dead during that one.
Hell on Earth was definitely a highlight, it worked so well live. Extreme amount of pyro, probably all the budget went into HoE. :D There wasn't much pyro in other songs. HCW was a pleasant surprise, I mean I'm not a big fan of it, but it was pretty good live and the gun fight between Bruce and Eddie looked awesome. I absolutely love that they dropped 666, RTTH and HBTN, and I think this never ever happened before that all of them got dropped.

About Eddies: big Eddie during IM was an inflatable again and it was weird having a big and a walk-on at the same time. SIASL Eddie was weird in a sense that he appeared and disappeard in a couple of seconds, I have barely seen him (I was on Steve's side).

The stage looked good, but I think it can't top LOTB. Some of the backdrops looked cheap with less Eddies than usual.
Screens are a great detail, but they weren't used the best way. Sometimes it just extended the backdrop.

And about the mistakes: some of them were not that big of a deal, for example the extended Prisoner, but the constant timing issues were very off putting. And the tempos on some of the songs felt like Aces High 2022. (Mainly The Prisoner and CIPWM, intro of Wasted Years). I didn't like the simplified playing, but it's understandable, altough I'm not against Joe Lazarus filling in as a touring member.

A great night, I won't forget it, but not the best Maiden show ever despite the perfect setlist.

Also, what is interesting is there is 0 props on Trooper. No jacket, no flag. Just the backdrop. Was the song an afterthought and replaced another one?

Also, what is interesting is there is 0 props on Trooper. No jacket, no flag. Just the backdrop. Was the song an afterthought and replaced another one?
When main set ended I thought encore would be Hell, Hallowed and WY, so maybe, who knows. Hallowed is indeed demanding at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back