The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since reunion the set list are really good. Its like they say " we want to replay all at least once" we had ROTAM the early days tour with only songs of the first 4 albums.incedible

Setlist:
Amazing setlist. One of their best. No Hallowed, no NOTB!!! Wow. Who would have thought.
Me. Look here ↓

In think they will drop:
The Trooper
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills

I was right for the most part. I had a feeling that after LOTB "best of" they will go adventuring, because playing 5 SIT songs is adventure in itself. Of course, I was wrong regarding Futureal but that's another story. Imo, this song should have been played. It fits much more that Can I Play With Agnes.

I hope they concluded from this tour that it always makes sense to pick some great song of the past that has never been staged yet and give it a late live debut.
I hope so too.
Also listening through the show again, it seems to me like Dave has 2 different pre-amps. SIT songs really sound like GK amps, while other songs sounded like his usual rig.
Great.
And that's just coming from The Parchment fans.
The setlist isn't ''perfect'' without Parchment for me, so you shouldn't be surprised.
I think Maiden can continue for a few years. But they need to choose songs that can be played due to their age.

Simplifying drum parts works, but there is a very thin line there between good performances and songs not sounding great. For example CSIT is currently on the limit of that. No double kicks and no snare fills, but they kept a decent tempo (again, shame they didn't do it in 2008 or in 2012, because it would sound great, especially in 2008). On the other side, Nicko can perform ATG as he did on the album. So, all in all, picking the songs in the future will be key for longevity.
This.
they got quite more creative with the setlist, their lowest point being TFF 2011 and Cabaret England (that was the worse). TBOS had a few surprises, Legacy was great and this one is amazing.
True.

Me. Look here ↓

I was right for the most part. I had a feeling that after LOTB "best of" they will go adventuring, because playing 5 SIT songs is adventure in itself. Of course, I was wrong regarding Futureal but that's another story. Imo, this song should have been played. It fits much more that Can I Play With Agnes.
Yeah, the current setlist is their most adventurous yet with some very challenging songs.

I totally agree with you about CIPWM, it's just really odd for this set. Clairvoyant would have been more fitting. Futureal, the most.

qyif1dm9xt2b1.png

Speaking of Can I Play with Madness, I hope Bruce drops the cringeworthy introduction about Agnes he used in Ljubljana. :facepalm:

I think someone compared the new stage set to the one for the ME tour a few pages back (blue decors) - well, that's the stage they would have used for a SIT throwback tour (we've already seen the SJ stage). The stage sets for their History torus are not as detailed as those for their album tours (LOTB was a Hits tour). The LED screens were the most logical and necessary upgrade to make this stage look better than those for the previous History tours.

Kevin Shirley is travelling somewhere (in time). To record a Maiden tour? Long shot, I know, but you can always dream..

Kevin Shirley is travelling somewhere (in time). To record a Maiden tour? Long shot, I know, but you can always dream..

They won't record this show for at least 2 more weeks. They need at least 7-8 more shows for this set to be smooth.

I think KS' travel might be Bonamassa related.

He's not mentioning where to and as he's always on the road.... lets keep our expectations low.

The LED screens were the most logical and necessary upgrade to make this stage look better than those for the previous History tours.
Led screens are a great addition because they provide a frame to the curtains and make them look tighter, less "sloppy".

They'd hardly fly him in to record. If they don't cheap out again they might have him mix the potential release though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back