The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is more focus on the music this tour. I thought they would have ATG as the big centerpiece or encore with a grandiose production but instead they just played it and focused on the performance. Next tour maybe they try to outdo LOTB or maybe we will see them continue this approach. I do love this tour, however.

I have stated this before...

I think Senjutsu tour became The Future Past very late for Maiden standards (according to some reports, during the US LOTB '22), because the band wanted to switch the Senjutsu songs and ATG/SIASL were high on the band's wishlist (Nicko wanted to play both pretty badly, H and Bruce also wanted to do SIASL...). This is possibly the reason why there is no extensive production on the LOTB scale. 8 months is not a lot of time.
I mean, at the same time, I don't think we're ever going to get anything as grand as Legacy of the Beast (particularly the 18-19 edition.) That tour set a pretty high bar.

Also was at the Vancouver show. I am still on a concert high. Never thought that I'd get to hear Alexander, Stranger or CSIT and having gotten into Maiden after they came through with TBOS I had a slight worry of the same fate for Wasted Years. So to hear over half of my favourite Maiden album was unbelievable. I went with my dad and two of my brothers, none of whom are Maiden fans. From Doctor Doctor onwards it was an insane evening. Aside from the aforementioned tracks other highlights for me included Hell On Earth, The Prisoner, and FOTD. The Time Machine and Death of the Celts were also quite enjoyable. Hard to believe that the show only had 3 songs I'd seen before (although this is less so as I've only seen LOTB 2019). Good on Maiden to shake it up so many bands would have tossed in a couple of different songs and called it a day.

I was fine with the stripped back stage as it put the focus onto the music, while still having the excellent theatrics.

Also was at the Vancouver show. I am still on a concert high. Never thought that I'd get to hear Alexander, Stranger or CSIT and having gotten into Maiden after they came through with TBOS I had a slight worry of the same fate for Wasted Years. So to hear over half of my favourite Maiden album was unbelievable. I went with my dad and two of my brothers, none of whom are Maiden fans.
So what did your father and brothers think of the show?

IMG-7461.jpg%E2%80%8B

I even think the big Eddie is a bit of a cop out this year. At least the previous two inflatable ones had a bit of depth to them, and looked impressive. This tours' one is just a bit underwhelming.
I think its one-colour approach fits the stage very well. I wish it was a bit bigger. Stratego single cover was the inspiration.

Attachments

• big eddie.jpg
    big eddie.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 14
2024 calendar.

As always, most of the tour photos (especially the small ones) are great and I wish we can see them separately.

Attachments

• calendar.jpg
    calendar.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back