The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am aware of that. However, it would have made much more sense for several different reasons to do the North-American bit now; there´s really no need for two North-American legs, however short this one may be. I don`t reckon this Future Past theme is particularly interesting there given even how little the tickets have sold for these handful of shows. Secondly, now that Bruce is doing his solo tour next year the calender and options are limited for Maiden. Doing the N-A bit now would have opened space for different parts of the World next year, including 2nd leg of Europe. As much as I like the theme, I think it would be the best to wrap up the Future Past by the end of next year and focus to other things beyond that. There is limited time for Maiden, and I don`t wish to see the same type of show expanded to third year.

Avoiding a year-long gap would be better also, playing for a couple of months now would not be unreasonable request, there has been enough time to recover from the summer tour, and really no need for more than 8-week tour in NA (sorry for the HC-fans out there for this opinion). Unless they do a short tour somewhere in February-March, they are probably only gonna be on stage next time in around September.

And finally, a hypocritical point: avoiding "unnecessary" (I hope you know what I mean) travelling for only handful of shows.

I think their original plan was to do North America in 2024 (I imagine all shows are booked and will be announced this October), but Powertrip offered them a lot of cash. Once they accepted playing there (before GNR), they booked the Canadian shows to warm up after a 2-month break.

Nicko's fills have definitely improved.

One thing I don't think is helping this tour is that Pooch seems to be mixing the cymbals a bit too low, lots of the flow in nickos playing comes from his hat and ride work. The shells sound like absolute cannons, which is awesome (down to Nicko's new kit according to Pooch) but I think we need a bit more cymbals just to help the flow.

We all know the reason that they are touring more of the US now is cos they are going into the studio straight after Powertrip.

Fantastic to hear that people actually turned up to the show last night and that Nicko is sounding good.

We all know the reason that they are touring more of the US now is cos they are going into the studio straight after Powertrip.

Fantastic to hear that people actually turned up to the show last night and that Nicko is sounding good.
1. Maiden are touring now only because of the Powertrip money.

2. Maiden won't record anywhere else than Paris.

3. Bruce will probably be mixing the solo album after this short run. And will probably do some promo.

So... It doesn't make sense. However, February/March next year does, if there is no IM tour.

One thing I don't think is helping this tour is that Pooch seems to be mixing the cymbals a bit too low, lots of the flow in nickos playing comes from his hat and ride work. The shells sound like absolute cannons, which is awesome (down to Nicko's new kit according to Pooch) but I think we need a bit more cymbals just to help the flow.
the drums are poorly mixed since this guy arrived.

He's not hitting the cymbals as hard or consistently as he was pre-stroke.

It's really hard to make a soft cymbal hit sound like a harder one just by boosting the overhead mic levels, aside from the fact that that would boost the entire kit, the way cymbals behave means the character of the sound changes drastically the harder you hit- much more so than with a drum. Pooch can't magically make him hit the cymbals harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back