The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very bad analogy. You don't understand what heavy metal music is? You can always watch Maiden shows at low volume on YouTube as you sip your soy latte.
Earplugs and seatbelts are both very simple, mildly infringing safety precautions that protect your body from harm. The analogy fits.

I’m not asking the bands to turn down, I’m spreading the word to ignorant people that protecting your hearing is both important and not lame. You don’t need to harm yourself to enjoy something.

Earplugs and seatbelts are both very simple, mildly infringing safety precautions that protect your body from harm. The analogy fits.

I’m not asking the bands to turn down, I’m spreading the word to ignorant people that protecting your hearing is both important and not lame. You don’t need to harm yourself to enjoy something.
Okay, okay. I'm just trolling you a bit for fun. But I personally will never wear ear protection at a concert. In fact I get pissed that all headphones I buy can't go louder.

No, my hearing is actually really still good. I just like to push things to extremes. Some of us, a few, are like that by nature. Nothing is better at extreme levels than Iron Maiden, the greatest and deepest rock band ever.
No offense, but if headphones can't deliver enough volume for you then I'm pretty doubtful of your claim that your hearing is actually "still good". I've successfully lopped the very top part of my hearing off by blasting shit from my headphones and other similarly bright activities, and if I crank my headphones as high as they go, it fucking physically hurts.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Heavy metal concerts should be LOUD!

I'm aware that you're joking/being sarcastic, but that's a deeply immature and childish mindset. Even when wearing ear plugs the music at concerts is super loud. It simply filters some of the harshest frequencies, giving you a loud but clearer and better sound. It's like saying "I don't want to wear ear plugs! I want the music to sound like SHIT! METÄÄÄÄÄÄL". Too silly for my tastes.

I ended up wearing a pair of in-ear headphones as a substitute for earplugs the first time I saw Maiden (Download 2016, around the third row). It was physically painful without them. I struggle to listen to music through headphones higher than 50% volume as well.

Well, I do think you should wear earplugs at concerts. But Maiden at Sonisphere Pori in 2010(?) were so quiet that it did ruin much of the show for me. Reason being whatever (storm/playing with Slayer equipment). So it should be loud enough to FEEL it, also wearing earplugs?

I'm aware that you're joking/being sarcastic, but that's a deeply immature and childish mindset. Even when wearing ear plugs the music at concerts is super loud. It simply filters some of the harshest frequencies, giving you a loud but clearer and better sound. It's like saying "I don't want to wear ear plugs! I want the music to sound like SHIT! METÄÄÄÄÄÄL". Too silly for my tastes.
It's not an immature or childish mindset at all. It's a mindset that wants "experience to extremes", as Neal Peart wrote. But it's not one that many can easily understand.

• Haha
Reactions: Yax
It's not an immature or childish mindset at all. It's a mindset that wants "experience to extremes", as Neal Peart wrote. But it's not one that many can easily understand.

Well, it clearly did not affect Neil Peart as he thought he was going bald, not deaf.

Each to their own, but after 30+ years of going to gigs and the last 15 wearing earplugs, there is no going back for me. I’d rather preserve my hearing than, at best, come back home after a gig with loud ringing in my ears and, at worst, end up with permanent hearing damage.

Changing the topic, I was thinking about the eventual live album and how it'll probably feature songs from different concerts. I had the realization, that Dortmund might make the album, but that it could be the second night (I only watched them on the first) which would be a wild monkey's paw for me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back