The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read my second sentence? Also, not doubting you but what other metal bands that are Maiden's age doing long tours?

Priest come to mind but Faulkner, Andy, and I think even Scott are significantly younger.

Kiss? Well, they are not even really performing IMO

Metallica? I think they are a bit younger. Hetfield has said he can't do the longer sets anymore and now they are currently only playing on the weekends.
And when Metallica weren't doing this no repeat weekend approach, they would only do 3 weeks of shows then have a couple off before the next batch.

So maybe the tour will start then, in March (or end of February like in 2016). I think they want this tour to be only 2 legs, so that's why they will start earlier, not in the summer. The ''Deep cuts tour''! A challenging set for them. We should expect dates in Europe again - plus SA/NA, ofc. What about Japan, Australia, NZ?
I honestly dont think they bother with NZ and AUS etx next year either.
The next leg will be South / North America in the spring late March through early June. Then Bruce's hints of a return to Europe will certainly be July / August mostly hitting the festivals and a few of there own shows, tour done in 2 legs

And when Metallica weren't doing this no repeat weekend approach, they would only do 3 weeks of shows then have a couple off before the next batch.
That is mostly because they can afford to do it this way. But also because of James’s fragile mental health and Lars’s custody deal with his kids. By doing it this way, they can easily continue ten more years if they want to/stay healthy.

I bet many bands would love to do shows for three weeks, then two weeks off, instead of touring ten weeks in a row with five day offs alltogether. I would definetly do that.

You can still be down the front jumping around and giving the band energy but is it really necessary to wave your arms about windmilling and smacking people?

It’s like people think they’ve got an excuse to wave there arms about bashing people and no one’s allowed to get annoyed.

Anyway, that’s enough from a grumpy old fart. I don’t go down to the front of any gig these days :bigsmile:
Man, I saw people actually moshing in the O2. Like, really? Moshing in a Maiden show?

I was there yesterday in Barcelona (in fact I saw myself on that video) and have to say it was one of the BEST Maiden shows I ever attended too. Been seeing them since 1988. Flew in from France arriving at a freaking Hot and 50-60% Humidity Barcelona around 7.30am and had basically a 24 hours non sleep. Manage to stay almost at the Barrier center Left to be on Dave side as much as I could.

When Somewhere started I was in Heaven and forgot all the tiredness and super sore feet and that I was soaked wet because of all the Heat and Humidity sweating. If they had just played Somewhere and be finished I'm sure I would be a happy person but they kept going and the crowd was on FIRE. What a memorable experience and if by any chance I cannot see them again, well.. I wont be sad since this was just STUNNING!. It really surpassed all my expectations by a long long shot.

In fact it was SO GOOD that if the Bilbao show wasn't sold out me and my GF would go again this Saturday :)

gsPfoopl.jpg

FoI3cRdl.jpg

Did you read my second sentence? Also, not doubting you but what other metal bands that are Maiden's age doing long tours?

Priest come to mind but Faulkner, Andy, and I think even Scott are significantly younger.

Kiss? Well, they are not even really performing IMO

Metallica? I think they are a bit younger. Hetfield has said he can't do the longer sets anymore and now they are currently only playing on the weekends.
Hetfield had been fighting to do shorter sets for years apparently. Finally got his wish post-pandemic.

I nominate Barcelona as the show for the live album based on that video alone. Bruce sounds incredible!
Like during the whole tour. They should use a recording of him singing the chorus of Hell On Earth correctly - there are a few of those.

Edit: great performance (especially from Nicko and Bruce) and great crowd! Man, TWOTW is brilliant live, intro and all.

Last edited:
London and Barcelona are two nominees for the live album, but Bruce fucked Hell on Earth on both. Maybe London second night he did it better. I was there, but I can't remember what happened each night. Bruce is so good this tour, but he constantly fucks the chorus of HoE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back