The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any leaked in-ear monitor feed anywhere? Last year somebody leaked Mick Mars's IEM, and its quite interesting with song and solo cues and a click track. I'm sure with the 3 amigos it's just the instruments mixed.
Maiden have no click track and cues. That's why some things happened yesterday.

In terms of LPs and CDs you can find lots from Maiden at my local HMV, but no DVDs whatsoever. There are several different ones from AC/DC, Metallica, Judas Priest, etc., but none from Maiden.
It's getting harder and harder to find new CDs/DVDs where I live. Places that still have them keep reducing their stock. Have to go to second hand/Mom and Pop shops now. Vinyl has become somewhat popular again but they are very expensive. I still have a ton of CDs but I no longer have anything to play them on, lol. Even new cars in America don't have CD players in them. So these days I've gone to Spotify

I have only witnessed one gig nearly at the very start of the corresponding tour (2nd gig on the GMETID tour) and the band were really rusty. A month and a half later they were superb, but I could not help but think that the people who attended the first few gigs were somewhat being shortchanged by the lack of (enough) rehearsals prior to the start of the tour.

On the other hand, these mistakes are what make them human and show that they are not playing over prerecorded tracks like some of their contemporaries.
Honestly, wouldn’t trade the experience I had yesterday for a tighter performance. I think the fuck-up that would throw me off more would be the CSIT one but the crowd crush and madness when it happened was so intense that I didn’t even care. Most of the rest I thought to be quite funny actually, like Prisoner being 1/2 chorus longer.

But yeah, I was planning to see them just yesterday on the tour due to budget reasons but am already trying to find a way to go to London 2nd night.

but I could not help but think that the people who attended the first few gigs were somewhat being shortchanged by the lack of (enough) rehearsals prior to the start of the tour.
I think they were in Split for maybe two weeks and had production rehearsals since thursday in Ljubljana I think. Honestly that's really not enough and we could tell. A lot of songs were obviously hardly rehearsed.

Sound on stage yesterday was by the way horrendous, they could hardly hear a thing.

I’ve been watching footage from the show and has anyone else noticed Bruce barely worked the stage? For at least 80% of the set he was planted in front of the mic stand not really moving Ozzy Osbourne style

Not complaining or criticising. Just an observation

It’ll also be interesting to see how Nicko plays that section leading into the solos in CSIT. I still don’t know if he simplified it as a mistake or because he can’t play that part anymore

I’ve been watching footage from the show and has anyone else noticed Bruce barely worked the stage? For at least 80% of the set he was planted in front of the mic stand not really moving Ozzy Osbourne style

Not complaining or criticising. Just an observation

It’ll also be interesting to see how Nicko plays that section leading into the solos in CSIT. I still don’t know if he simplified it as a mistake or because he can’t play that part anymore
Agree on both, regarding Bruce he definitely wasn’t running around that much but imo singing much better than 2022 and 19 (and also 2016/17), so much better for me. Regarding Nicko that remains my biggest doubt about the mistakes, I think it was a simplification but curious to see it in Prague.

I think they were in Split for maybe two weeks and had production rehearsals since thursday in Ljubljana I think. Honestly that's really not enough and we could tell. A lot of songs were obviously hardly rehearsed.

Sound on stage yesterday was by the way horrendous, they could hardly hear a thing.
Yeah, but also most of the noticeable mistakes were actually stupid things, like the end of The Prisoner or Nicko coming back earlier in Wasted Years. Bruce in CSIT was totally his fault, the band was doing fine. I think the hardest one for them to fix would be The Time Machine, the middle section can be quite tricky. There were also very minor things in ATG and Hell on Earth for example but that was hardly noticeable tbf.

I think they just got stressed out by bad monitoring and that’s what led to those simple mistakes.

Can't wait for the complaints on this forum to come rolling in! :ninja:
I mean, it's only been 24hrs since the show and people are already calling for a replacement drummer, a new setlist, the sound engineer to be sacked, Rod to be flogged, Janick to be shot to the moon and for every mistake to be punishable by death.

And that's just coming from The Parchment fans.

Another hip replacement I heard.
I'd guess so too.

Usually when they replace one of your hips, you'll need to replace the other one too in a couple years. That's what my father was told a few weeks ago when he underwent a hip replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back