The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I hope this gets expanded to a proper world tour. The new album tours are the ones that usually hit Asia and Australia, where the pattern seems to be the history tours skip us, apart from SBIT. We should have been on Legacy 2020, but if we had, Senjutsu likely would’ve been played in its entirety and we would not be here speculating what Somewhere in Time songs will be complimented nicely by which Senjutsu songs.

Does this count as the new album tour, or is this more in line with a Legacy tour? I still don’t really know which way this falls.

Does this count as the new album tour, or is this more in line with a Legacy tour? I still don’t really know which way this falls.
I feel like this is a hybrid tour. Something they have not really done at all. Personally, I divide Maiden tours into 3 categories

1. Album tours (like the Book of Souls, Final Frontier and Dance of Death tours, just to name a few)
  2. Greatest hits tour (like the Legacy of the Beast, Eddie Rips Up the World or The Ed Hunter Tours)
  3. Throwback tours (like the Somewhere Back in Time and Maiden England tours)
The Future Past tour is a perfect hybrid of an album tour (as we are getting never before played Senjutsu songs) and a throwback tour (as we're getting Somewhere in Time songs similair to the Somewhere on Tour in 1986/ 1987).

Here’s the thing. I really really don’t know what I want this tour to do. There’s a lot of “yeah, this would be cool” but there’s no “I really want this song to open, this one definitely needs to close and the remaining five songs really have to be these”. I’m hoping that if Parchment is on this setlist, it makes me like it more to experience it. I’m hoping that Alexander is part of it, knowing that it very easily could not be included. I’d even love to have Alexander open the encore, as I think that could be a really exciting way to do it. But I think there’s a million ways this could be done, and until that opening night, we’re not going to know how it will go down.

The girl (sorry I don't know names) in the video makes a really good point at around 7:55.

A full-fledged Senjutsu tour wouldn't feel 'new' at this point. With the Book of Souls tour, for example, everything felt so new. From the very first concert. New stage, new setlist, new merchandise. Everyone was in awe on what songs they were going to play and what the satge would look like this time around. There's no big new reveal this time around as we've already seen the Japanese theme during the LotB tour in 2022.

With the Future Past tour as a hybrid tour I feel like there's so many new surprises. What will the stage look like now that they're including SiT? What will the setlist look like? What kind of merchandise will we get (as in shirts mostly)? Will there be any props used (like the flamethrowers during the LotB tour)? What will Eddie look like, samurai, cyborg or a mix of the two worlds? It's still not the same as a full-fledged album tour but it's WAY better than what most of us were afraid of.

I think Iron Maiden did very well coming up with this tour! As much as I wanted a Senjutsu album tour, I am a million percent more hyped for this tour! Maybe if covid hadn't gone on we could have seen a Senjutsu tour like we had the BoS tour.

Maybe, if we're lucky (and I pray we are) we'll get an 18th album someday and we can have another full album tour! Until then, I am very happy with what they are doing now!
Yes. The idea for this tour is the best scenario and it's brilliant - more new songs and classics from the overlooked SIT album (with maybe a live debut of a song). HYPE!!! For a Senjutsu album tour, we only knew the stage set though.
As for classics my vote goes to 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Trooper, Number of the Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden and Fear of the Dark. I'd love to see Futureal as well (maybe as opening song) but I doubt it.
The setlist will probably be 15-16 songs, so I think they should not play classics like 2MTM or TETMD (both were not played during TBOS tour, btw) that have been played a lot and even one of the other five mandatory songs, especially if they want to play one or two deep cuts. A short song like Futureal will be perfect for the length of the setlist.
It will be more like a History/Hits tour because of the name of the tour and the stage set, but that's something Maiden have never done before.
Even under that model, we’ve never had a Greatest Hits and we’ve only had one Throwback of the 3.
Technically, yes.

1.Album tours
2.History tours for several albums (Eddie Rips Up The World and Somewhere Back In Time)
3.Hits tours for a compilation album and video games (The Ed Hunter with songs chosen by the fans, Give Me Ed and Legacy Of The Beast)
4.Throwback tour for SSOASS album (Maiden England)

I'm not a part of the the IM fanclub (yet, I'm thinking about joining some day). I just saw Iron Maiden's post stating that fanclub presales will start tommorow. Now I'm really worried that I might not get floor tickets for the show in Amsterdam.....

Does anyone know how many and how fast are the tickets selling in presale?

I'm worried because the venue they're playing at in The Netherlands is much smaller then the one they played at in 2022 (which was in Arnhem). The Gelredome in Arnhem could hold around 40.000 people while the venue in Amsterdam could only hold 17.000 people. That's less than half the people. And there is room for about 6.000 people on the floor in Amsterdam. For all I know all floor tickets will be gone by Thursday......

Can someone give me some reassurance and tell me that I will be fine and can just get 2 floor tickets for the 2023 tour? That would calm my anxiety and not give me flashbacks to ticket sales for Rammstein in 2019..... :goodbye:

(And no, I'm not going to beg or ask for a presale code. If there are people willing to share them, sure, but I'm not going to beg like a hopeless figure trying to get my tickets early).

Last edited:
Yes. The idea for this tour is the best scenario - more new songs and classics from the overlooked SIT album (with maybe a live debut of a song). HYPE!!! For a Senjutsu album tour, we only knew the stage set though.

Exactly I'm over the moon, I've only ever seen 3 senjutsu and 2 SIT songs live so going by the 5+5 graphic that means a minimum of seeing 5 songs for the first time. Potentially more if they don't play any of the ones I have seen before. Can't understand people trying very hard to find some negatives about this tour.

Last edited:
Based on the speculation online, I guess no one expects them to play Darkest Hour? It's a very slow song and not quite as catchy as some of the other ballads like Coming Home so I get why people may not consider it a very good live song. But I think Bruce's vocals are phenomenal and the solos are some of the best ever. I think the song has great potential.
Darkest Hour is catchy and it would be a great live song (vocals and solos, like Celts), but there is not enough room in the setlist - the song is 7 minutes long (if we count the outro), they will play 2 of Steve's long epics (Parchment instead of Celts because it has 6 solos), potential 3 long songs from SIT, plus FOTD, HBTN...

If the situation was different, I think they would have played the whole album live. And even if they didn't, if it was a proper album tour, I think they would have played it. But this time 5 (or 4) SIT songs will fill up a lot of space in the setlist.

As I've said before, I would love to hear Darkest Hour and Death Of The Celts live, but Parchment is more unique, I guess (you know... slow songs, Clansman). I would also love to hear Lost In A Lost World, it sounds like a good live song with its fairy tale vibe, the intro & outro are perfect for concerts and I'm curious how the acoustic intro will sound live.

The girl (sorry I don't know names) in the video makes a really good point at around 7:55.

A full-fledged Senjutsu tour wouldn't feel 'new' at this point. With the Book of Souls tour, for example, everything felt so new. From the very first concert. New stage, new setlist, new merchandise. Everyone was in awe on what songs they were going to play and what the satge would look like this time around. There's no big new reveal this time around as we've already seen the Japanese theme during the LotB tour in 2022.

With the Future Past tour as a hybrid tour I feel like there's so many new surprises. What will the stage look like now that they're including SiT? What will the setlist look like? What kind of merchandise will we get (as in shirts mostly)? Will there be any props used (like the flamethrowers during the LotB tour)? What will Eddie look like, samurai, cyborg or a mix of the two worlds? It's still not the same as a full-fledged album tour but it's WAY better than what most of us were afraid of.

I think Iron Maiden did very well coming up with this tour! As much as I wanted a Senjutsu album tour, I am a million percent more hyped for this tour! Maybe if covid hadn't gone on we could have seen a Senjutsu tour like we had the BoS tour.

Maybe, if we're lucky (and I pray we are) we'll get an 18th album someday and we can have another full album tour! Until then, I am very happy with what they are doing now!
Her name is Captain Harris. ;)

And for the stage set, it could be the SOT one. Or it could be something different like a hybrid stage set mixing sets from Senjutsu and SOT : a modern japanese city in the style of Blade Runner and/or Star Wars. An upgraded SOT and Senjutsu stage design. :cool:

I'm not a part of the the IM fanclub (yet, I'm thinking about joining some day). I just saw Iron Maiden's post stating that fanclub presales will start tommorow. Now I'm really worried that I might not get floor tickets for the show in Amsterdam.....

Does anyone know how many and how fast are the tickets selling in presale?

I'm worried because the venue they're playing at in The Netherlands is much smaller then the one they played at in 2022 (which was in Arnhem). The Gelredome in Arnhem could hold around 40.000 people while the venue in Amsterdam could only hold 17.000 people. That's less than half the people. And there is room for about 6.000 people on the floor in Amsterdam. For all I know all floor tickets will be gone by Thursday......

Can someone give me some reassurance and tell me that I will be fine and can just get 2 floor tickets for the 2023 tour? That would calm my anxiety and not give me flashbacks to ticket sales for Rammstein in 2019..... :goodbye:

(And no, I'm not going to beg or ask for a presale code. If there are people willing to share them, sure, but I'm not going to beg like a hopeless figure trying to get my tickets early).
No idea but I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning when I attempt to get my presale tickets for Glasgow.

I strongly suspect there will be plenty of floor tickets left. The IM fanclub membership per city won't be nearly enough to fill an arena.

Seriously speaking, my guesses are the following (assuming that the 5+5 theory is true).

From Senjutsu:
  1. Senjutsu
  2. The Writing on the Wall
  3. Days of Future Past (replaces Stratego)
  4. The Time Machine (given the tour theme)
  5. Hell on Earth. Could have been Death of the Celts (given they are playing The Clansman now), The Parchment or Darkest Hour (continuity with Aces High) but Hell on Earth fits better in a live situation I suppose.
From Somewhere in Time:
  1. Wasted Years
  2. Stranger in a Strange Land
  3. Sea of Madness
  4. Heaven Can Wait
  5. ...I'm not gonna say it...

No idea but I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning when I attempt to get my presale tickets for Glasgow.

I strongly suspect there will be plenty of floor tickets left. The IM fanclub membership per city won't be nearly enough to fill an arena.
Thanks, that calms my nerves already! I have no idea how many people in the Netherlands are part of the fan club but since there are only about 6.000 floor tickets I got really nervous for a while.

It will be my second Maiden concert and my GF's first so it will be very special for her. I wouldn't want to miss it.....

If this is not reason enough to join the FC today - what better reason could ever come? :D

Or it could be something different like a hybrid stage set mixing sets from Senjutsu and SOT : a modern japanese city in the style of Blade Runner and/or Star Wars. An upgraded SOT and Senjutsu stage design.
^ I'm hoping for something like that. And I don't expect different stage sets/realms like for LOTB.

Exactly I'm over the moon, I've only ever seen 3 senjutsu and 2 SIT songs live so going by the 5+5 graphic that means a minimum of seeing 5 songs for the first time. Potentially more if they don't play any of the ones I have seen before. Can't understand people trying very hard to find some negatives about this tour.

In my case it would be a minimum of 8 songs I have never seen live! :)

If this is not reason enough to join the FC today - what better reason could ever come? :D
Because I'm about to buy a house between now and next year. The tickets are a high exception for me and my girlfriend but the subscription is a no-go for now. As soon as we live on our own I might get a subscription though.

So yeah hoping to get some floor tickets Thursday or else I'll be extremely sad......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back