The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
CIPWM is an easy and short song (like Wrathchild) so it's not that surprising, although it will definitely be a curveball. I didn't expect it. It fits a bit. Moonchild on the other hand is a strange choice (another curveball) and not a needed song for this set.

HCW was expected. I guess they will do 4 SIT songs (Alexander, Stranger, Heaven and Wasted Years), 5 SJ songs (for sure!) and 6 classics (CIPWM instead of TNOTB?; the other being Fear, Trooper, IM, Prisoner and Hallowed/TNOTB ). I'm still not ruling out CSIT. Or Sea Of Madness.

Last edited:
CIPWM is an easy and short song (like Wrathchild) so it's not that surprising, although it will definitely be a curveball. I didn't expect it. It fits a bit. Moonchild on the other hand is a strange choice and not a needed song for this set.

HCW was expected. I guess they will do 4 SIT songs (Alexander, Stranger, Heaven and Wasted Years), 5 SJ songs (for sure!) and 6 classics (CIPWM instead of TNOTB?; the other being Fear, Trooper, IM, Prisoner and Hallowed). I'm still not ruling out CSIT.
Prisoner seems like a false rumour. It will be 2 minutes or children of the damned. They played prisoner on the maiden england tour, because it featured on the original tour. Now, I think they will play something that featured on somewhere on tour. Phantom of the opera or Rime is the dream, but too long. They always look back at the original tour

I may be in minority here, but Can I Play with Madness is very so so choice..
Futureal would have been a much better and fitting choice (with almost the same length).
I'm sure if they play Moonchild then Janick takes solo :facepalm:

Bye bye Adrian's beautiful powerful solo :goodbye:
Janick needs to play more solos in the set. The additional ones will come from the other classics like Moonchild, HCW, CIPWM.

Prisoner seems like a false rumour. It will be 2 minutes or children of the damned. They played prisoner on the maiden england tour, because it featured on the original tour. Now, I think they will play something that featured on somewhere on tour. Phantom of the opera or Rime is the dream, but too long. They always look back at the original tour
Although the setlist will be very similar (in a way) with ME tour, Prisoner is really possible. And this is a hybrid tour, don't forget that. Bruce wants to play it again, they played Children on the previous album tour and I think they will want to give 2 Minutes a break again. Other long epic songs have no chance for this tour.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I was surprised when not a lot of people put Sanctuary in the Setlist prediction thread.
It seems instead of Sanctuary, Running Free or Wrathchild this time they chose Can I Play With Madness.

But this is tour is not retrospective tour like in 2005, 2008 or 2012....
It kinda is. They just want to play Senjutsu epics too. So it's a 2 in 1 situation.
Although the setlist will be very similar (in a way) with ME tour, Prisoner is really possible. And this is a hybrid tour, don't forget that. Bruce wants to play it again, they played Children on the previous album tour and I think they will want to give 2 Minutes a break again. Other long epic songs have no chance for this tour.
A hybrid of SIT and Senjutsu though. If those two albums take 10/15 songs then I find it difficult for prisoner to be 1/5. I hope Prisoner, Madness etc don't make it to the setlist. We all know that they will play Trooper, FOTD and IM. So the last two being CIPWM and Prisoner is underwhelming.

Moonchild is a difficult and fast song for an encore though.
But I know Moonchild’s on my mind, coz my doctor says I’ve done it before

Moonchild in the encore
Just like back in ‘08!
Moonchild in the encore
And you know it’s gonna be great!

A hybrid of SIT and Senjutsu though. If those two albums take 10/15 songs then I find it difficult for prisoner to be 1/5. I hope Prisoner, Madness etc don't make it to the setlist. We all know that they will play Trooper, FOTD and IM.
It's still primarily the new album tour, no doubt. They could be in place of Number Of The Beast, Trooper (a nod to the 1986 tour) or Hallowed if the longer songs are a lot. I would welcome Prisoner, CIPWM, not one of my favorites.

Yep, I think they probably or must be play Phantom of the Opera (it's a strong and epic song, people love it, they played on Somewhere on Tour 86 and everybody's talking about because Ghost's cover) and Total Eclipse (I think they will have fun playing this song unplayed live since 82 and they have been included in the New Number of the Beast 40th anniversary last year) Forgive Futureal please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back