The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think Alexander is on the shortlist but its going to be 100% reliant on how it goes in rehearsals , they aint adding a song for the sake of it if they aint comfortable playing it, wouldnt be the first song thats left of the set because it "Didn't Work"

If they play Alex it’s probably going to occupy that centerpiece part of the Setlist before they go into the hits (think Flight of Icarus 2018 or TBOS 2016). I imagine they would have some pretty elaborate stagecraft/lighting to go with it as well (again like other songs that have occupied that slot).

That said, it’s not a bad choice for opener. You have the nice slow build and it’s also a good mid tempo number for Bruce and Nicko to warm up with. It would actually function kinda like Senjutsu did last year.

It's not that bad, but I agree they have never been able to capture the magic of the song in a live setting. And it's not just the chorus. It doesn't have the same swing and feel.

for some reason, they play it slower; at least the intro and ending. I think it'll sound great if they use the original GK amps and play at normal speed like in 86. Sounded great then.

the number of references to Stranger in a Strange Land recently would suggest they will play that song. The artwork on the new shirt has a SIASL Eddie when the original work from 86 does not as seen below

View attachment 26383
They will play it. It's more or less set. It's in the promo and they released shirts. Same case was with FTGGOG before LOTB.

2 songs from SIT that will be played for sure are SIASL and Wasted Years.

They will play it. It's more or less set. It's in the promo and they released shirts. Same case was with FTGGOG before LOTB.

2 songs from SIT that will be played for sure are SIASL and Wasted Years.
Heaven Can Wait is surely the 3rd song they will play for sure

Going by that Reddit post (somewhere remote), Maiden will rehearse in Slavonski Brod.
I've read this yesterday and I'm still laughing.
I am LOVING the tour shirts they released the other day and expect the event shirts to be simply amazing. SIT is my favorite and album, favorite Eddie and favorite album cover so I'll be burning money on merch this tour.... ugh

View attachment 26374
I love this one, I think it was the 2nd Maiden shirt I bought but instead Stranger, Eddie upfront was classic cyborg.
If they keep tour shirt prices below 35 euros, I might buy one.
Does anybody have a clue what does "CT3" and "D4" mean?

I'm still not sure why so many are set on Stratego having to go as well. It was a single and, from what I've seen, has been a rather well-liked song from the record?

I still think we'll get The Writing on the Wall, Stratego and DoFP as the fast songs, and Hell on Earth and a to-be-determined epic as the epics. If you ask me, the only slot on the setlist that Senjutsu works is as the opener and even then it was a dud in that spot. If they do Caught Somewhere in Time, it's got to go in the opening slot. Days of Future Past to me sounds like a good song as a #2 or for something for the band to kick into right after the quiet outro of an epic.
Stratego is not an easy song for Nicko and they need space for other new songs. TWOTW is the more popular single of the two.

I agree that Senjutsu works best as an opener, and with the other thoughts.
"The Parchment" is the best thing the band has done in the last 35 years, and it isn't even the best song on the album.
I disagree. Especially with the quality of some of the Reunion songs.
Seen a post on Reddit that Steve was at the Cart and Horses this weekend. Seems likely that the band will be starting rehearsals next week. There's also some chat (pictured) thst some people apparently know where they'll be rehearsing.
So 3 weeks for rehearsals. As usual? It is enough for them. Maybe there will be spoilers.
And even if that was a general consensus... it doesn't have a whole lot to do with setlist picks, really. I'd argue that Heaven Can Wait and The Mercenary aren't exactly top cuts from their representative albums either, but hey...
Yes. Although Heaven Can Wait is a great live song.
So I was wondering: what are chances for Alexander the Great to be played as tour opener?
Thoughts?
I think it will work great live, but as an opener, not sure. The big surprise should be saved for later.
I think they will open the show with CSIT and play DOFP later during the concert.
I hope the first 2 songs to be from SJ and SIT (Caught Somewhere In Time and Days Of Future Past would be perfect). Days can also be played later after an epic.
Right now the only confirmed songs are
Stranger in a strange land
Days of future past
Iron maiden
Fear Of The Dark?
I honestly think Alexander is on the shortlist but its going to be 100% reliant on how it goes in rehearsals , they aint adding a song for the sake of it if they aint comfortable playing it, wouldnt be the first song thats left of the set because it "Didn't Work"
Yeah but this time they know that this is the most important song for this tour, for the fans. It will work. Maybe Steve and Bruce are not that comfortable playing it, but focusing on SIT album was announced to please the fans in a way, so. I doubt SIT is Bruce's favorite album of Maiden as he didn't write a single song for it.
If they play Alex it’s probably going to occupy that centerpiece part of the Setlist before they go into the hits (think Flight of Icarus 2018 or TBOS 2016). I imagine they would have some pretty elaborate stagecraft/lighting to go with it as well (again like other songs that have occupied that slot).

That said, it’s not a bad choice for opener. You have the nice slow build and it’s also a good mid tempo number for Bruce and Nicko to warm up with. It would actually function kinda like Senjutsu did last year.
I'm curiois which song will be the centerpiece of the set: Alexander or Hell On Earth. Or maybe Parchment? One could be the encore opener. And they had busy props in the encores last year. Alexander would be a better opener than Senjutsu, but not better than If Eternity Should Fail (all are 8 minutes long).
Heaven Can Wait is surely the 3rd song they will play for sure
I know it was in LOTB 2018 tour poster hints, but I'm not sure if they'll play it at all. It's a really fast songs. I think they might go with Sea Of Madness instead, although that doesn't seem very likely either. Like Deja-Vu. Long Distance Runner is as difficult as the title track.

The expected picks are: Wasted, Stranger, Alexander, Heaven.... and the title track. Then are: Sea (played in 1986) and Runner (because of Steve's comments).

In all honesty, I think they may have given a go at rehearsals of songs from SIT before the announcement. I know that album is difficult to pull off live and I would think they'd have tried before announcing a tour around it but who knows. Whatever songs they chose, I'm fine as it's my favorite. If we get 5, GREAT! I know 2 for a fact (basically) and any other 3 are fine. Just hoping the bladerunner theme starts, then the lights go out and Caught Somewhere in Time starts. That's my ultimate dream with this.

Since Senjutsu hasn’t had a ‘proper’ tour I think they open with a song from the newest album. CSIT will be a bit later.

I think if they start with CSIT it makes it feel more like a traditional hits tour.
I agree with you.

BUT, Steve still regrets today that SOT has not been filmed (the guilt to the manager, according to him). And because SOT is the only tour that didn't get a proper video recording, my opinion is that they will begin the show with the SIT opener. And maybe will continue with Sea Of Madness and Stranger In A Stranger Land (maybe Deja Vu ?). :)

Nevertheless, you must be right saying they will open with a new track, who knows ? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back