The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpopular opinion I guess, but I vastly prefer Senjutsu to Somewhere In Time.
SIT is a fantastic album with amazing songs (it's a classic for a reason), but I prefer Senjutsu a bit more.
Oh man I would honestly cry of joy! As much as I love to see CSiT as opener I really want to hear Futureal live!

Though I highly doubt it because, as others have stated, CSiT will most likely be the opening song if they decide to play it.

There's a lot of songs I could potentially see as fillers inbetween SiT and Senjutsu songs. Wicker Man, 2 Minutes, Madness, Wrathchild, Speed of Light, Two Worlds Collide, Children of the Damned and maybe even Total Eclipse. But Futureal is definitely in that list as well!
As much as I want to hear Futureal again, Caught Somewhere In Time is a must for me. If they want to play Wrathchild again (please no), Futureal would be the perfect replacement in terms of duration (I say - it should be the 16th song in the setlist). 2 Minutes is the most likely from your list. Children, Futureal, Madness (I don't want it) and maybe even Eclipse too. Wicker Man and Speed Of Light, I doubt it. I really want to hear When Two Worlds Collide, I think it will work with Bruce. I'm a big fan of the song. Nicko also likes it.

For anyone that has seen a gig at the Sportpaleis in Antwerp, from the remaining tickets which would be the best possible view?

On the cheaper ones (100 Eur), of course.

…There are so many people burning down this tour because it has Senjutsu in it. You wouldn't believe how many people I run into on Facebook scolding you and saying you don't know what real music is because you think Senjutsu is a great album, it's ridiculous!…

Point out to them that they probably just liked themselves better in the past than they do nowadays. So that you think, subconsciously, it's not about the quality of music at all. Just to shut them up... :cool:
(That’s what psychologist Dr. Nico Rose argues in his book "Hard, Heavy & Happy: Heavy Metal and the Art of the Good Life")

"Senjutsu" means so much to me. A tour where they only play the album would have been too perfect. Things like that don't happen in real life.

The noose and the prison cell on "Hallowed Be Thy Name" were very historical. How about a futuristic prison cell this time, with bars like in this picture?

There is a third type of fan:
Those who don't know/like either the older nor the new songs, but suddenly want to see an Iron Maiden show.
Like my colleague: She approached me completely out of the blue to find out if Maiden were playing this summer and when to buy tickets. I guess it's because of the experience.
That's why I'm going to listen to the Metallica album in the cinema, even though the new singles didn't really impress me.

Last edited:
Agreed. There are older fans of not just Maiden but every genre of music that only like the old stuff because of nostalgia and it reminds them of their "glory days"

So earlier tonight I rewatched the Official Stratego Live video. And I noticed something: is it me or is Nicko not playing the kick-drum triplets like he does on the studio version? I listened to the studio and live back to back and it seems like he's skipping bars to make it easier on himself.

I bring this up because Somewhere in Time has a LOT of kick-drum triplets and fast runs and such. I know it'll be an amazing show and Nicko can still smash the shit out of his kit and make it sound good, but man I love those triplets he does.

There is a third type of fan:
Those who don't know/like either the older nor the new songs, but suddenly want to see an Iron Maiden show.
Like my colleague: She approached me completely out of the blue to find out if Maiden were playing this summer and when to buy tickets. I guess it's because of the experience.
That's why I'm going to listen to the Metallica album in the cinema, even though the new singles didn't really impress me.
We have many of these folks in Scandinavia, people who get free tickets from their employee. They know a couple of songs, and are only out to the show to get drunk and constanly chatting through the show. The audience here have got alot more boring here now.

In 2018 we had this lottery at my workplace, I as a big fan wanting to see them literally across the street did not get a ticket, but a few other losers got one, and they were just out to getting drunk. And the show was sold out.

Silicone Ear Wax Cleaner

Useful tool for those saying they prefer Senjutsu to SIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back