The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
All concerts not sold out yet? THE END IS NEAR!

Now for the serious part... I'm surprised Barcelona is not sold out yet, since they sold out a stadium this year.

They didn’t (and for what is worth, that stadium can hold more than 47000 people in concerts):

29th July Barcelona, SPAIN – Olympic Stadium (45,782 / 47,000) Gross: $4,179,617

Probably too early to return to the same market (they made the same mistake in 2014, having played a big festival in Barcelona in 2013).

They didn’t (and for what is worth, that stadium can hold more than 47000 people in concerts):

29th July Barcelona, SPAIN – Olympic Stadium (45,782 / 47,000) Gross: $4,179,617

Probably too early to return to the same market (they made the same mistake in 2014, having played a big festival in Barcelona in 2013).
Probably.

Still, Palau Saint Jordi has like half of the capacity of the stadium.

Metalcore never caught me interest. Ironically, Atmospheric Black Metal has.

I thought Metalcore was too harsh, but here I am listening to bands like Panopticon, Wolves in the Throne Room, Nechochwen, Obsequaie, and Falls of Rauros - arguably harsher than most Metalcore bands. I guess that Black Metal shrieks are more palatable to my ears than Death Metal growls. Makes little objective sense for me to like one genre and not the other. Maybe its the marketing, with the ancient architecture/nature themed artwork?

Just about any band that has played at the "Fire in the Mountains" festival has caught my attention over the past few years.

There must be a logic because it's the same with me. I also like black metal, including Wolves In The Throne Room, but metalcore, at least the variant nowadays, is not for me.
I don't think it has anything to do with marketing/artworks. I know it's quite common, but I've never bought an album because the artwork caught my attention.

PS: "The Raven Age" are planning their big breakthrough in 2023. I took a look at the program of "Rock am Ring", and which name catches my eye first? :scared:

Last edited:
Damn, Amsterdam is really sold out. Often when venues or ticketmaster indicate this there are still some spots left in the upper rows or something but this is not the case. I'm really stoked right now and can't wait for July!

Hopefully we will get good spots since my girlfriend is very small. Maybe I'll sign up for the fan club for a chance to get FTTB....

edit-1.jpg

I really can't tell you how many people I've come across on Reddit who told me they're going to the Future Past tour this year, but are either going to pee or have a drink when Senjutsu songs, or other songs from the reunion era, are played. Like, why? It blows my mind.

So, in response, I created this meme.

Last edited:
View attachment 24334

I really can't tell you how many people I've come across on Reddit who told me they're going to the Future Past tour this year, but are either going to pee or have a drink when Senjutsu songs, or other songs from the reunion era, are played. Like, why? It blows my mind.

So, in response, I created this meme.
Well - fan favorites like Caught Somewhere In Time, Stranger In A Strange Land, Alexander The Great, Sea Of Madness (probably) + Hell On Earth, The Parchment (the two most liked songs from Senjutsu), Days Of Future Past (a short faster song that even 80's fans like), The Writing On The Wall (already a live favorite) + the usual classics... I mean, complaints? It's their loss. And I doubt they will play other Reunion era songs, but who knows.

Edit: I can't understand how a fan (and especially one who has been on many tours) wants just to see the same classic on every tour and that is their main ''source of fun''. Aren't they bored? That's why bands release new albums! And Maiden's new songs are great (most and some of the material is amazing and timeless). But even the ones you don't like so much - for example, it would be (at least) curious to see Age Of Innocence (one of my least favorite and never played live songs) or other never played live songs on one tour or for a few gigs, whereas if you get Run To The Hills or the other big classics for 20 years in a row, it will still be fun, but not in the same way. I understand that they are the band's biggest hits and they are hits for a reason, but a band with so many great old and new songs should play as many of them as possible. I love the old stuff, but I also love the new stuff, and thankfully, Maiden managed to surpass some of their classics imo.

Last edited:
Well - fan favorites like Caught Somewhere In Time, Stranger In A Strange Land, Alexander The Great, Sea Of Madness (probably) + Hell On Earth, The Parchment (the two most liked songs from Senjutsu), Days Of Future Past (a short faster song that even 80's fans like), The Writing On The Wall (a live favorite) + the usual classics... I mean, complaints? It's their loss. And I doubt they will play other Reunion era songs, but who knows.
Yeah you're right on that, it's their loss. It's just a shame to see that there's people that refuse to like or listen to reunion Maiden. BNW through Senjutsu are amazing and I think there's some timeless material on those albums. I love Powerslave, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son but damn do I love the reunion albums as well!

And I doubt they'll play any other reunion songs as well though I'd give a kidney to see any song from BNW, DoD, AMOLAD, FF or BoS return on the setlist (and it not being Blood Brothers, great song but overplayed a tad....)!

dd0.jpg

Me, who loves the old stuff but prefers almost everything from FOTD onwards, especially the reunion.

Last edited:
pLaY cLasSiCs! crowd will only stop moaning when Maiden stops performing sadly.

3 years of classics with 2 of nothing thanks to Covid is enough. Bring on the deep cuts and Senjutsu material.
Read that line and my first thought was "what's been sad about Maiden's performances?" Reading comprehension FTW :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back