The essential bootlegs?

Listened to San Francisco 1985, and it's not bad at all.
In the process also found:
1985-01-28 Largo - sound is a bit distant, but not so bad. Very raw recording but quite decent.
1985-07-05 Laguna Hills - the last date of the tour and it is actually a pretty good gig.

Mine isn't sped up.
@Zare, are there several versions of this?

Not that I'm aware of.
Keep in mind it's trivial to adapt speed in audio editing programs. Usually if someone is preparing a bootleg for web publish (transcoding to MP3, YT upload, etc.), he'll do it there. Bootlegs are left original as there are - if there's an edit, it's called a new release.

I have found both the Tokyo & New York 2016 bootlegs to be quite enjoyable..
Some early shows at The Rainbow during 1980 are quite spectacular as well..
I have had like 5 full 1979-1980 shows for like a year and never listened to until recently, and came across a very interesting performance of Drifter that I enjoyed very much.. I think it was 1979-11-21 or something around there.

Maiden Japan (The full bootleg release) is just as essential to the Maiden catalog as Live After Death or Maiden England '88.

Mine isn't sped up.
@Zare, are there several versions of this?

According to Neophasmah's website there are 3 versions of this show
http://seaofmadness.webs.com/ironmaiden.htm

Looks to me like they are all from the same source. A lot of the older shows have slight variations due to tape trading.
Different tape recorders would record at slightly different speeds causing variations as the generations progressed on them, it would become more pronounced.

I used to trade bootlegs years ago, stopped around 2006 or so as I didn't have enough time for it anymore, but I wouldn't mind picking up a decent show from each of the tours since 2006. Does anyone know if there is still a community trading boots through snail mail or what way does it work these days?

Sorry, since the one on the official BB went away, I don't really know many that still snail mail trade.
Most people download from Dimeadozen, the Iron Maiden hub, or set up online file transfers at various sites.

Work in progress...

Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour - this one is hard, there are many brilliant bootlegs and I may be omitting some that others would include. Here goes:

1988-04-29 Cologne - warm up gig before the US tour, mine is marked version 3 and is excellent. The Trooper, 2 Minutes to Mindnight and Wrathchild played.
1988-05-08 Brooklyn - again mine says version 3. The tour begins in America this time around.
1988-06-24 Indianapolis
1988-07-08 East Rutherford - Lars Ulrich makes an appearrance n drums. Great gig.
1988-08-16 Troy - again this is a great gig.
1988-08-17 Queen Mary's College - get the Gig Addiction DMM version. I mentioned these before. All are essential. Wrathchild appears again, 22 Acacia Avenue debuts on the tour.
1988-08-20 Donington - for obvious reasons an essential.
1988-09-10 Modena
1988-09-24 Paris - I always like the Paris gigs, it seems. Version 2.
1988-10-01 Gothenburg - great.
1988-11-24 Whitley Bay - Stiil Life is played from here on.
1988-12-07 Hammersmith Odeon

Thx, found it

So when Lars started playing RTTH on that Black tour gig where Nicko appears on stage for a short jam, he did it because they did it several years before. Interesting.

Edit : I still can't figure is it both of them playing or is it Lars only. Only that the drum track is fucked up :D

Feel the Loneliness in Belgrade... sound isn't great but a great set list! A rare set list at that! I'd love to have been at this show more than any other

Thx, found it

So when Lars started playing RTTH on that Black tour gig where Nicko appears on stage for a short jam, he did it because they did it several years before. Interesting.

Edit : I still can't figure is it both of them playing or is it Lars only. Only that the drum track is fucked up :D

It is indeed lol. Sounds like both of them "hammering" on drums there.

1988-04-29 Cologne - warm up gig before the US tour, mine is marked version 3 and is excellent. The Trooper, 2 Minutes to Mindnight and Wrathchild played.
1988-05-08 Brooklyn - again mine says version 3. The tour begins in America this time around
Awesome shows. I found the video for Brooklyn which was mindblowing. Is this the smallest show Maiden played in USA ?

Back