The Economic Crisis In Europe

Re: Greece, now.

Our politicians were ALWAYS puppets.The most of the politicians in Europe are puppets.

DO NOT believe them.DO NOT believe the MEDIA.DO NOT believe the PROPAGANDA.

After us it's your turn.At least 18 countries will be in the position we are now.Among them USA,GREAT BRITAIN,SPAIN,PORTUGAL,ITALY etc.

We are the beggining and we are the expirement.You must hope that their expirment wiil fail and the only way is Greeks to stay united and fight them.Greeks an the rest of the world MUST wake up and realise the games that are being played behind our backs and are against our freedom,our free will and our free minds and souls.

Perun said:
Which technically means that a declaration of bankruptcy would be favourable for the Greek government from an economic point of view, because they wouldn't need to repay their debt. The only thing that would be better for them is a hyperinflation, because all of the sudden they could repay their debt and wouldn't do more harm to their reputation.

Unfortunately, a hyperinflation would be a disaster for the rest of us.

How would hyperinflation help Greece?  It would further destroy the economy.  Just like Germany's hyperinflation during the Weimar Republic.
Will-I-Am said:
Good for Greece maybe, but not for Europe for the moment :
By doing this, while it could have made easier to saving itself, Greece would have put in big danger the stability of its banks,
which would cause huge damages to EURO and therefore, EU's economy.
Not to speak about the idea of EU itself. It would have been smashed.

So for now, this can not be done, not for Greece and mostly not for Europe. Maybe in the future, though.
To presume, I believe that this could be the solution, but not in the present circumstances.

Paul Krugman wrote about this :
"Any announcement of plans exit from the Eurozone, as economist Barry Eichengreen mentions, would mean the destruction of banks. For the same reason, any hint of external factors such as the European Central Bank, the existence of this alternative would trigger a dramatic attack on Greek banks and therefore can not be done. Basically, we should not raise the issue."

The beauty of fiat currency.  :innocent:
Perun said:
It wouldn't, that's the whole catch of a hyperinflation. If such a thing happens, in the end I could repay Greece's debt.

This would definitely hurt the EU, but I can't see how it'll help the Greek economy in the big picture.

Nomad, wtf.

I agree with Genghis Khan - hyperinflation is never a good thing.

Nomad said:
Our politicians were ALWAYS puppets.The most of the politicians in Europe are puppets.

DO NOT believe them.DO NOT believe the MEDIA.DO NOT believe the PROPAGANDA.

After us it's your turn.At least 18 countries will be in the position we are now.Among them USA,GREAT BRITAIN,SPAIN,PORTUGAL,ITALY etc.

We are the beggining and we are the expirement.You must hope that their expirment wiil fail and the only way is Greeks to stay united and fight them.Greeks an the rest of the world MUST wake up and realise the games that are being played behind our backs and are against our freedom,our free will and our free minds and souls.

The fact that debt is bad is true.  The fact that there are people and institutions, both public and private that are responsible for this debt is true.  The fact that this is done consciously is true.  There is no conspiracy though.  People are acting on short-term interst insead of long-term interst.  Emotional yearnings like greed and nationalism take over common sense and logic.  I presume that this post is about current global debts, if not I don't know what this post could mean.

I think my post is clear.Anyway what i try to say is that what we need is the support of the European citizens and not their suspiciousness,taunt or even their aversion.

We are not the bad guys or the bad Greeks that will lead other Euporean countries to an economical crisis.The crisis exists to all of the countries and ofcourse its not our fault. The economical problems and the crisis are the result of the whole MONETARY and ECONOMICAL SYSTEM.The only thing you can blame is the politics of the American banks.

Nomad said:
I think my post is clear.Anyway what i try to say is that what we need is the support of the European citizens and not their suspiciousness,taunt or even their aversion.
No, it was an incoherent rambling. Look, Greece has problems and that's not a lie. To go on and on about how that is not the case is what's propaganda. You have a public sector that is way too big for what you economy can take. Too many cheat too much with taxes and pay under the table which in turn means less tax income = Greece can't pay off as much of their national debt. Greece scammed its way into the EMU by lies and deceit. Greece can't for the reasons listed pay its debts. EU will pay for it if certain prerequisites are met. EU has to or else it would endanger the entire EMU collaboration.

This is all cold, hard facts. Unpleasant facts but facts nonetheless.
Although, I guess I'm alright with the bailout because that's part of what EMU means.

Yax said:
No, it was an incoherent rambling. Look, Greece has problems and that's not a lie. To go on and oecen about how that is not the case is what's propaganda. You have a public sector that is way too big for what you economy can take. Too many cheat too much with taxes and pay under the table which in turn means less tax income. Greece scammed its way into the EMU by lies and deceit. Greece can't for the reasons listed pay its debts. EU will pay for it if certain prerequisites are met. EU has to or else it would endanger the entire EMU collaboration.

This is all cold, hard facts. Unpleasant facts but facts nonetheless.
Although, I guess I'm alright with the bailout because that's part of what EMU means.

Yax i know very good what did happen and what is happening to Greece.And as i said above these things exist due to the impotence of the Greek politicians and due to the fact that they always obeyed to the American politics.That's our only mistake.Our politicians that played tha game.And the goal of the game is to lead people to poverty as to dominate easier on all of us.And ofcourse their goal is to make more and more and more profit as to feed their greed and vanity.Αnd ofcourse a game of speculators has been set against Greece.

The scam is something the politicians, officials and banks are responsible for, yes. But how that is a result or American politics is beyond me.  However: All the meddling and cheating with taxes and paying under the table is what regular, normal citizens do. Or well, that's what I have read in chronicles, articles, debates and stories told by greek people. I don't live in Greece so I can't vouch for it first hand. Just saying what the information I have tells me. Feel free to prove me wrong on that, but prove and not only contradict. This is something a large portion of the society is responsible for and not only the politicians. This has contributed to the current financial state.

I'm not going to comment on the conspiracy theory about making people willing servants through poverty because that's an assumption and not a fact. Feel free to post facts to support it though because I'm not disregarding it; I'm only saying you can't exclaim stuff like that if you can't back it up.

However, I'm sure there are people that have gained from this, like you said. Whether it's related to the cause I don't know.

Really?  Blame democracy that everyone blindly believes.  And Nomad is right in the sense that the complicity of American banking was needed to white wash Greek economic problems.

Yax said:
The scam is something the politicians, officials and banks are responsible for, yes. But how that is a result or American politics is beyond me.
Ah see now,  here in Greece it's a common sport to blame Americans for... well pretty much anything  -_-.  You know,  blame a global superpower and voila,  not our fault anymore  :D!!

Well, that's one opinion - a dissenting opinion. We'll have to see what happens in the next 2-3 years. Of course, if the economy continues general recovery with Greece as an exception...

If you have time watch this movie.

ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ (it's a free movie that's why i post a link)

If you watch this you will fully understand how the monetary system works,how and why the banks and the big companies set their games and why all the countries have debts,deficits etc.

Don't even try. They aren't going to believe it.

Zare said:
Don't even try. They aren't going to believe it.

I believe I've been told about this movie. You have seen it Zare?? What's your opinion ?? You would suggest it to me ??

wikipedia said:
...the film suggests that society is manipulated into economic slavery through debt-based monetary policies by requiring individuals to submit for employment in order to pay off their debt.

This.

Back