The Concert Thread

Yes, I will.. I saw them play The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway in 2011, they are excellent, excited to see them again!

Meanwhile, great Breaking Benjamin show on Friday night, I really like the Fillmore and can't wait to go back there more, already got a ticket to Thrice there on June 17th, wohoo!!!

Just saw Europe! Amazing rock performance. Joey, John, and co. sounded amazing. Joey played rhythm guitar on a few songs. setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/europe/2016/house-of-blues-houston-tx-6bf3d2f2.html

Forgot to mention I caught the last couple of songs by opening act Gabbie Rae. Never heard of her but was blown away by how well she sang Ronnie James Dio material. Researched her online and was surprised to see she is only 17. Glad to see someone younger carrying on the metal tradition.

Last edited:
Neat. Any news on whether there'll be another Sounds of the Ages / Orchestra festival next year? Or is it too early?
Not the Sounds of the Ages, but Chris Cornell is having an acoustic gig in the same venue on 10 May. Sounds very tempting, but it's a Tuesday. Bleh.

Will take my son to see Bullet For My Valentine this weekend. He saw Queen live (with Adam Lambert) but this will be his first metal show.

Just got tickets for Sabaton and Alestorm in Birmingham on the 28th!

My third time seeing Alestorm, and my first time seeing Sabaton...Much good times will be had! :D

Testament have just announced a couple of shows, in Leamington Spa (wtf?) and Southampton. Hopefully they'll announce more than that though.

Great Sister Hazel show on Tuesday night, and now, here is my epic upcoming schedule:

2/27: Led Zeppelin II

3/4: The Musical Box

4/3: Norma Jean/He is Legend

4/6: Joe Satriani

4/10: Pat McGee Band

4/17: Man Overboard

4/22: Dream Theater

4/23: Sponge

5/5: Little Steven's Underground Garage Tour(The Sonics & The Woggles, garage rock bands)

5/7: Bane/Boysetsfire

5/21: MMRBQ

6/3: Hatebreed

6/17: Thrice

:okok::shred::rocker:

Got last minute free tickets to see Slipknot and Suicidal Tendencies on Wednesday night past. I know little/nothing of both bands. ST put on a very energetic show and I realised that I knew a couple of their tunes. Slipknot, however, are pish. I wanted to hear Duality (only song I really know) but couldn't stick it that long, I left after 20mins. Decent spectacle, terrible music. I apologise to any Slipknot fans here who didn't get to see them on the tour!

6/17: Thrice

:okok::shred::rocker:

Bad memories on that band. Went in 2006 , they've started 40 minutes late because of technical difficulties, crowd got mad.

When they finally started it was great but after 30 minutes they left and concert over.

They got lucky they got off stage fast or it would have been a bloodbath for them.

I saw the a few years ago in Glasgow and loved them. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to London for their "Farewell" tour. Hopefully they'll come to the UK again next year!

Bad memories on that band. Went in 2006 , they've started 40 minutes late because of technical difficulties, crowd got mad.

When they finally started it was great but after 30 minutes they left and concert over.

They got lucky they got off stage fast or it would have been a bloodbath for them.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear you had that bad experience.. They were great when I saw them in fall 2011

Just saw Megadeth last night.

1. Why play half the RIP LP when they played the whole thing live only 6 years ago?
2. Why only play 1 song from Dystopia?
3. Skipped KIMB, TWNAH, TSHF, UA, Endgame, & 13 LPs.
4. In other words, a lot of standards and not much surprises (except for Wake Up Dead)

They played great to a full house, just not happy about the setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megadeth/2016/revention-music-center-houston-tx-3bf35c68.html

Back