The Concert Thread

Slayer. And I'm not even a fan really.
Seen Slayer eight times (and I am a fan), but obviously I hold Maiden in MUCH higher regard. Interesting you have seen them so often though not a fan. Let me guess it could be due to one of the following:
1. You know someone who is a fan you tag along with.
2. There are sparse metal shows near you so you go to the ones that do happen.
3. You mainly go to festivals and Slayer just happens to be at all of them.

Epica, probably.
Thanks for the mention of Epica. Even though they have played my part of US several times (years ago), I never heard of them, but just now gave them a listen on Amazon Prime and I like what I hear. Am downloading selection of songs from various LPs now. I use the info on setlist.fm website to see which songs they play live the most often to choose what songs I download so I will be ready if they ever play here again.

I've seen Iron Maiden eight times, after that I've seen Megadeth seven times and Dream Theater and As I Lay Dying six times.

My ticket for Symphony X in Wolverhampton arrived today. :)

Concert list for 2016 so far.

Iron Maiden 2/28/16 Las Vegas
Iron Maiden 4/11/16 Tacoma

Maiden 6 times then therapy? about 8 times then it would only be whitesnake and the wildhearts both twice. Going to scorpions in vegas this year, delighted!!

Europe started their US tour couple of days ago. Will see them in Texas at end of month (for the first time!). To my knowledge, this is the first time in about 25 years they have played this part of the US!

Maiden 21 times (14 different tours). Epica perhaps 25-30 or more (didn't count it).
Really digging Epica you introduced me to. Just found out they are playing four hours from me in February but the notice is too short. I get my work schedule a month at a time and I already have bunch of time off requested which does not coincide with the week of the Epica show. Dammit! Guess I will have to wait until next time.

Better luck next time! They are way more impressive than on albums. That goes often for most bands, but with Epica for sure. Lots of enthusiasm and Mark Jansen can be compared with Steve Harris in a way that he is a driving force, writes most of the material, and connects well with fans. Often goes into the audience after the show.

Concerts for this year so far:
Iron Maiden concert #6 Berlin 31. 5.
Iron Maiden concert #7 Trieste 26. 7.

My Helloween ticket for 3rd February arrived yesterday (Saturday) morning! :D

Nice, I just got Helloween's 30th anniversary photo book, it it awesome :rocker::shred:

And, just got my ticket to see the Genesis tribute band The Musical Box, playing "Selling England By the Pound" in its entirety, on March 4th:okok:

Back