The Concert Thread

Yup, it seems so. If the third headliner is like the first two I don't think I'll be missing much though.
Oh, certainly. I was more surprised by the fact that two different concerts will be happening simultaneously.

That's some diverse stuff there, buddy. Good on you.
Thanks, pal. But there are people here who genuinely like Taylor Swift, so my music taste is not all that diverse by comparison. :p

Within Temptation were great in Manchester on Saturday! Their setlist had five new songs and only one has been officially released ('The Reckoning' ft. the guy from Papa Roach') so it took me a few songs to get into things. The better known songs like 'In the Middle of the Night', 'Faster' and 'Paradise (What About Us?)' went down well though. There are some songs I'd have preferred them to play instead of some of the ballads, but everything was performed flawlessly so I can't complain about the setlist. Sharon den Adel is seriously incredible. She goes from singing some operatic-style stuff, to a kind of weird higher register on some of the older songs, to a lower register in the more recent straightforward Rock songs. What an amazing woman. :wub: There were a couple of things I would like to complain about though with regards to the set up of the stage. Sharon's mic stand was on some fancy podium in the centre of the stage which was just in front of where the drums usually are, but this meant she was often too far away from the crowd. The monitors were also a couple of metres away from the front of the stage so Sharon and the guitarists/bassist were often farther back from the front of the stage than most bands normally would be in a medium-sized venue like this. The show was ended in spectacular fashion, however, with 'Stairway to the Skies' when Sharon was raised up during the final chorus so she looked positively angelic. Looking forward to the new album. :)

Support was from some fairly generic Rock band from Brazil called Ego Kill Talent. I've no idea how they managed to get on this tour since they're only doing the UK leg and the rest of the European tour has Beyond the Black who are a much more similar band to Within Temptation. Odd.

When I got back home yesterday I found that my ticket for Nightwish next month has already arrived. :) Next up is Scottish all-female Rock trio The Amorettes in Southampton though.

25/11 The Amorettes, Southamption
4/12 Tremonti, London
8/12 Nightwish, London
16/12 Kreator/Dimmu Borgir, London
late March: Cellar Darling
16/4 Avantasia, London
5/8 Iron Maiden, Montreal?

8/8-11/8 Scorpions/Sabaton, Bloodstock Open Air

It's looking more likely that I'll be able to get to the Cellar Darling and Avantasia shows now as my current contract can be extended by six months. :)

Update:
11/17 Ghost @ the Joint - Las Vegas, NV
12/2 Metallica @ The Spokane Arena - Spokane, WA
9/5 Iron Maiden @ The Tacoma Dome - Tacoma, WA
9/6 Iron Maiden @ Moda Center - Portland, OR
9/13 Iron Maiden @ MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, NV

I have early entry pre party tix for Ghost and Metallica. So I should be on the rail for those two. Will be entering FTTB for Tacoma and Las Vegas Maiden shows. I could potentially be on the rail for 4/5 of these.

Last edited:
Dec 7 - Ghost @ Place Bell, Laval, Quebec, Canada
April 3 - Kiss @ Canadian Tire Centre, Kanata, Ontario, Canada
Aug 5 - Iron Maiden feat. Raven Age @ Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Sept 15 - Kamelot feat. Sonata Arctica and Battle Beast @ Club Soda, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I went to this in America. Dunno if I ever posted about it here but it was one of the best rock concerts I’ve been to. I’m not even a big Schenker fan, but they put on a great performance. Awesome setlist spanning his whole career, cameos from most of the singers he worked with, and the guy can still shred. Awesome stuff.

Michael Schenker Fest was pretty good, with Michael Schenker's guitar playing being the highlight! Great selection of songs from his career and a great band, with Glen and McKenna providing a superb rhythm section. Of the four singers, Doogie White (quite Dickinsonian as a frontman) and Robin McAuley did a great job singing their (and UFO's songs). Graham Bonnet was a nice surprise, as I have heard he can be quite hit and miss and he was mostly good. Gary Barden's voice, sadly, is shot. Shame, as his songs are my favourite from MSG's material.

Wow. When I saw ghost open for Iron Maiden last year I just knew they were special and I had to go see them live. That’s exactly what I did, I flew down to Vegas! I purchased the ‘Pale Black Package’ which included a few items in a bag and early entry into the venue. It was really nice that they allowed for enough time to take the vip items back to the hotel room before letting everyone in. Before I knew it, I was one of the first five into the venue. The set was amazing! My only complaint was that ‘Satan Prayer’ could have been replaced with something else. ‘See the Light’ or ‘Ghuleh/Zombie Queen’ would have been amazing. ‘Satan Prayer’ kind of kills the flow and just does not belong there. The rest of the set absolutely kills! I was pleasantly surpised how well songs like ‘Con Clavi Con Dio’ and ‘Life Eternal’ played. All in all it was an amazing show and I would definitely recommend attending this ritual.

Miasma:

He Is:

Con Clavi Con Dio:

Dec 7 - Ghost @ Place Bell, Laval, Quebec, Canada
April 3 - Kiss @ Canadian Tire Centre, Kanata, Ontario, Canada
April 5 - Dream Theater @ Salle Wilfred-Pelletier, Place des Arts, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Aug 5 - Iron Maiden feat. Raven Age @ Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Aug 24 - Iron Maiden feat. Raven Age @ Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Centre, Noblesville, Indiana, USA
Sept 15 - Kamelot feat. Sonata Arctica and Battle Beast @ Club Soda, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

What a great list you have, LooseCannon.
I'm glad you like it. Perhaps it will change over time and I will list more things. I saw your list earlier and it inspired me to make my list. Perhaps we could even say that the lists go like this:
1. Black Wizard's list
2. LooseCannon's list

I'm not the world's largest Dream Theater fan, but I got a buddy who is a massive prog fan, so I said I'd go. We have box seats :D (cause they were cheap).
They're my second favorite band and I have not seen them yet. If Maiden would have waited to announce dates by a month I would probably have bought tickets.

Back