The Concert Thread

Dec 7 - Ghost @ Place Bell, Laval, Quebec, Canada
April 3 - Kiss @ Canadian Tire Centre, Kanata, Ontario, Canada
April 5 - Dream Theater @ Salle Wilfred-Pelletier, Place des Arts, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Aug 5 - Iron Maiden feat. Raven Age @ Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Aug 24 - Iron Maiden feat. Raven Age @ Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Centre, Noblesville, Indiana, USA
Aug 31 - Iron Maiden feat. Raven Age @ Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sept 15 - Kamelot feat. Sonata Arctica and Battle Beast @ Club Soda, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

@Black Wizard is my list still good? Please list my list in your list of lists.

Black Wizards list of top 5 concerts that LC has been to

Please make this a thread.

Last edited:
It would be Black Wizard's top 5 concert lists not including from his own.

Halestorm just announced another UK tour for this time next year in arenas and the prices are incredible. Although I don't know where I'll be living this time next year I have to get a ticket for one of the shows, but none of them are on a Saturday. Lame. Presale starts tomorrow.

My mostly metal-less concert schedule continues next week with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra on Tuesday and Theatre of Hate on Saturday.

I just found out that Slayer's farewell gig in Helsinki isn't even sold out. If I end up buying nosebleed seat ticket to the show, that means I've spent 230 euros to metal concerts in just 2 months. But I guess it's a great way to spend my study grant.:D

Saw Diamond Head on Saturday. Don't know much of their stuff, I've heard the debut a couple of times but thats about it, I mostly went out of respect for their legendary status. Small venue, about 300 capacity and there were barely 100 people there. Band were good though, professional in the face of the low turnout and engaged with the crowd very well. Brian Tatler is a crackin guitar player, great tone and accuracy and seems to be loving it. The singer is a young chap, he can certainly hit the high notes but theres a little something lacking in presence/performance. Glad I saw them although I didn't support their cause, I got in for free because they had already started.

Coming up;

Steel Panther - Dublin, January
Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats - Belfast, January

@Ariana: Garbage is the third headliner for Hills of Rock. I like some of their songs, but it's a real disappointment of a lineup compared to last year.

Here's to hopes that there's something good prepared for Sounds of the Ages :D

@Night Prowler
47040491_10156143317758635_1858536175518613504_n.jpg

I don't specifically remember passing by it, but you can see the building on the poster. And yes, it's huge and it's the flagship of Communist architecture.

Last weekend I went to Southampton to see a band called The Amorettes - an all-female Rock trio from Edinburgh - play in a pub called The Joiners. The venue is a bit of a shithole but the sound is remarkably good and lots of bands and artists who are now very big have played there, such as Ed Sheeran and Coldplay. The Amorettes were great and they stuck around at the bar after the show to speak to people. The support bands, Naked Six and Trouble County, were OK but a bit insignificant.

This Tuesday coming up I'll be seeing Tremonti in London. I'm a bit pissed off because my ticket hasn't been sent to me and I have to collect it from the box office instead. Lame. Nightwish in Wembley Arena is next weekend then the weekend after that is Kreator and Dimmu Borgir, the ticket for which arrived last weekend. It's going to be a good couple of weeks. :)

The schedule:

4/12 Tremonti, London
8/12 Nightwish, London
16/12 Kreator/Dimmu Borgir, London
22/3 Kamelot/Evergrey/Visions of Cheeselantis, Birmingham
late March: Cellar Darling
16/4 Avantasia, London
5/8 Iron Maiden, Montreal

8/8-11/8 Scorpions/Sabaton, Bloodstock Open Air
25/11 Halestorm, Nottingham

Metallica. Round two:

Last year I travelled to Seattle to see Metallica at Century Link Field, while that show was epic, I wish I would have paid more money for better seats. I was going to have to again. I just didn't know when. I didn't have to wait long. In early 2018, Metallica announced they would be paying my city of Spokane a visit, a place they had not visited since 2004. I purchased the ''Whiplash'' package as I wanted early entry into the venue so I could be on the rail. I won't get into much about that package in particular as I didn't use most of it, if anyone has questions please ask. I grabbed my free shirt and went and stood in another line that was going to get early venue entry, and it worked. I was one of the first ten people into the venue!

The show was amazing! Metallica gave us quite the setlist, I'll post the whole set below. My personal highlights were Creeping Death, The Day That Never Comes, and Confusion. The last two were my favorites from their respective albums, and Creeping Death absolutely kills live! Blackened was also insane!I was really hoping for Sanitarium as it was played at the two previous shows, maybe next time. I also missed out on event shirts (they had three for my show), merch stand was not open when they let us in, and they sold out of the event shirts by the end of the show.

Spokane Setlist:
Ecstasy of Gold
1. Hardwired
2. Atlas, Rise!
3. Seek and Destroy
4. Leper Messiah
5. The Unforgiven
6. Now That We're Dead
7. Confusion
8. For Whom the Bell Tolls
9. The Day That Never Comes
10. Rob & Kirk solo ('I Don't Know' cover + Pulling Teeth)
11. Motorbreath
12. Creeping Death
13. Moth Into Flame
14. Sad But True
15. One
16. Master of Puppets
--
17. Blackened
18. Nothing Else Matters
19. Enter Sandman

Sad But True
Couldn't get a complete song because they moved around too much. Despite this, stage design was cool.

Saw Diamond Head on Saturday. Don't know much of their stuff, I've heard the debut a couple of times but thats about it, I mostly went out of respect for their legendary status. Small venue, about 300 capacity and there were barely 100 people there. Band were good though, professional in the face of the low turnout and engaged with the crowd very well. Brian Tatler is a crackin guitar player, great tone and accuracy and seems to be loving it. The singer is a young chap, he can certainly hit the high notes but theres a little something lacking in presence/performance. Glad I saw them although I didn't support their cause, I got in for free because they had already started.

I'd strongly recommend their most recent album. Some really great songs on there. Agree with the singer comment, but I reckon he'll grow into it.

Last night I saw Tremonti - the imaginatively named side project of Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti - play at the Kentish Town Forum in London. It was the second time I'd seen them this year after I saw them at Shepherd's Bush Empire at the end of June, but this time I knew the songs a lot better. The support bands were Disconnected and, sadly, The Raven Age. Disconnected are a French Metalcore band who were quite impressive for the first few songs before ending with a few blast beat and double bass laden mosh songs, but they have good stage presence and audience interaction. The Raven Age have not improved since I last had the misfortune of seeing them in the same venue early last year supporting Anthrax. They do have good energy and stage presence but their new singer lets them down just as much as the old one. That was the fifth time I've had the rather dubious privilege of seeing them and they still don't impress me much. Please stop trying to make The Raven Age happen.

Thankfully Tremonti were fucking awesome! When I saw them in June I had a seat up on the second balcony so wasn't really involved in the show as much as I'd normally be, but yesterday I was second from the front behind the VIP wankers. (Why there is a VIP option when Mark tells the crowd he'll go to the merch stand after the show I have no idea.) The show started of in slightly comical fashion as Mark broke his guitar strings twice in the first four songs! :lol: He kept going though and the rest of the show went smoothly. The setlist was heavily focused towards their new album 'A Dying Machine' with the other three albums equally well represented. I think Tremonti are much better live than they are in the studio as some of their songs are very powerful live - such as 'The First the Last' and my favourite 'Another Heart'. It was a great show and I'd happily see them again, although I wish they'd played one less song so that I could have made the fast train back home. I ended up have to take a train that stops everywhere and it was nearly 2am before I got to bed. :(

upload_2018-12-5_19-11-12.png

@Ariana you may use this for research purposes.

On Saturday I will see Nightwish, also for the second time this year, in Wembley Arena as part of the Decades tour. I loved the show at Bloodstock festival and have been binging on them today. So excited for Saturday!

And speaking of Bloodstock Festival, a few more bands were announced a couple of days ago: Anthrax, Dimmu Borgir, Tesseract and Thy Art is Murder. I'm happy that I'll get to see Anthrax again, and I'll see Dimmu Borgir in eleven days with Kreator which is going to be one hell of a show. :eek:

Le schedule:

8/12 Nightwish, London
16/12 Kreator/Dimmu Borgir, London
22/3 Kamelot/Evergrey/Visions of Cheeselantis, Birmingham
late March: Cellar Darling
late March: The Lounge Kittens
16/4 Avantasia, London
5/8 Iron Maiden, Montreal

8/8-11/8 Scorpions/Sabaton/Anthrax/Queensryche/Dimmu Borgir, Bloodstock Open Air
25/11 Halestorm, Nottingham

Thanks, Wiz! You're a good man. :D I'm really glad you enjoyed the show! I would absolutely love to see a headlining Tremonti show, a festival appearance is far from enough.

Saw Ghost last night. Very, very good show. I was impressed at how much Ghost is really trending towards the mainstream in appeal while still presenting a rather non-mainstream image. I agree with most of @Collin's thoughts on the set, and I felt that Tobias should probably have not talked to the crowd as much as he did. He really dragged it out some times. Then again, he went through 7 costume changes during the set.

7 Ghouls/Ghoulettes on stage was a lot as well, and I didn't think the music was that complex.

Back