The Concert Thread

I will see Michael Schenker Fest in London on Saturday. A fantastic guitar player, one of my favourites, who is a great influence of another of my favourite guitar players, the legend that is Adrian Smith.

Fake news, delayed for tomorrow :facepalm:
According to Hills of Rock's Facebook page, the delay happened because the band itself insisted on that. However, there have been numerous reports online and on radio stations that the band in question is Whitesnake. :facepalm:

I will see Michael Schenker Fest in London on Saturday. A fantastic guitar player, one of my favourites, who is a great influence of another of my favourite guitar players, the legend that is Adrian Smith.
I went to this in America. Dunno if I ever posted about it here but it was one of the best rock concerts I’ve been to. I’m not even a big Schenker fan, but they put on a great performance. Awesome setlist spanning his whole career, cameos from most of the singers he worked with, and the guy can still shred. Awesome stuff.

I'm on the train back from Birmingham after seeing Slayer now, and holy f*CK what a show! I don't know what the general attitude towards Slayer is on this forum but damn they put on a good show. I thought the songs were performed brilliantly, with fairly good sound and some great stage atmosphere from Tom Araya. It was sad at the end when Tom looked into the crowd looking solemn, but he acknowledged me saying thank you.

The three openers were great, but as expected Anthrax were my favourite by far. It was made even sweeter when I caught a Scott Ian pick:okok:

So overall, great night. Those people that say Slayer have lost it, nah

According to Hills of Rock's Facebook page, the delay happened because the band itself insisted on that. However, there have been numerous reports online and on radio stations that the band in question is Whitesnake. :facepalm:
Whitesnake confirmed for the second day of the festival. Looks like Hills of Rock 2019 will suck.

Back