Was supposed to see Jesus Jones tonight, but they had last-minute visa issues and had to postpone their U.S. tour to an as-yet-undetermined future date. Bummer.

BE8NomV.jpg

Got to see The Boss for the first time at Ullevi, Gothenburg. I'm a huge Bruce fan but I wasn't so keen on the setlist. Also the E Street Band played out of sync sometimes, could be a monitor issue.

Anyhow a great show considering he's 74. Best song was probably Bobby Jean.
And I dare say that the audience was way better than Maiden last year. Maiden audiences at Ullevi has unfortunatly been getting more boring over the years. At this Bruce concert the average age might have been higher, which I felt contributed to less phones and more cheering.

Saw Def Leppard and Motley Crue in Dublin last night.

Crue were decent, but the sound wasn't great, bass was too loud and muffled. Also, having a 10 minute section that was a medley of cover songs and a guitar solo from not-even-the-real-Motley guitarist wasn't great. Don't think they have as many "hits" as some of their peers too.

Certainly not as many as Leppard. They also took some risks with playing a few tracks from their latest record. A very polished and professional live act with great sound outdoors. Joe Elliot's falsetto not holding up too well though for Rock of Ages and Photograph, he should probably just sing them an octave lower, as other wise his voice is good.

Saw Dirty DC (no prizes for guessing which band they are a tribute to!) last week. The setting was somewhat odd (18th century landscape garden), but it was a great early evening gig, with lots of kids enjoying live music. In addition to the usual classics, they played Rock or Bust, Dog Eat Dog, Who Made Who, Heatseeker, and It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock'n'Roll) - with all the children invited to join the band on stage.

Next for me is Maiden weekend, with back-to-back gigs at the O2 in London. I cannot wait to see the band live again (it's 5 years since I last saw then live at the same venue).

Last edited:
I'm back and have lost my voice for the third time in a fortnight.

The band were amazing last night, fewer mistakes I think, and Bruce's voice was even better than at Leeds. We were not too far from the front and got to see all the band close up.

We met up with Black Wizard, Forostar, National Acrobat and Black Abyss Babe too :)

Also some friendly Hungarians who weren't taking any nonsense from dickheads in the crowd.

I love Rush, so when I saw yesterday that the great tribute band Moving Pictures were coming to Guildford in July I had to buy a ticket (it would have been stupid not to).

I wonder how many times I am going to be told that night that I look a bit like Geddy Lee!

It’s already happened! I have been told that I look like Geddy Lee… :lol:

Nothing wrong with that. Better Geddy Lee than Di’Anno!

Went to see The Who on Friday night in Derby. A mate managed to get tickets for £7.50 each the night before, so obviously I couldn't turn that down.

1689502126443.png

You know what I was pleasantly surprised. They played the songs I knew, the orchestra complimented the songs well, Roger and Pete sounded great for blokes reaching their 80s (Roger's vocals on Love Rein O'er Me blew me away), and the rain stopped in time for the gig! So all in all, I can't complain for £7.50, I think I paid more for a pint.

Went to see The Who on Friday night in Derby. A mate managed to get tickets for £7.50 each the night before, so obviously I couldn't turn that down.

View attachment 28622

You know what I was pleasantly surprised. They played the songs I knew, the orchestra complimented the songs well, Roger and Pete sounded great for blokes reaching their 80s (Roger's vocals on Love Rein O'er Me blew me away), and the rain stopped in time for the gig! So all in all, I can't complain for £7.50, I think I paid more for a pint.

I was at the O2 for their show on Wednesday, paid slightly more than £7.50 for my ticket. :lol:

I was pleasantly surprised too, great performances from all, recognised more of the set than I expected (though I hadn't done my homework so still got a bit lost at a few points) and was surprised at how diverse their music can be. Had a funny moment where Roger had to restart Behind Blue Eyes as he was having monitor issues, having apparently been late for the soundcheck. Seems whatever caused Dave Murray to be late for Saturday's gig was still causing problems. :lol:

Back