The Book Of Souls (song not album)

How good is The Book of Souls on a scale of 1-10?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, but I'm talking about my expectations and not about if BoS is good or bad. Beacuse it's mind blowing.

Meliegree I understand. First listen I thought the main riff was very Egyptian sounding, but then I thought "Well how do we know what either Ancient Egyptian or Mayan music sounded like"?

Anyway, this track is gargantuan. Epic. Janice's finest moment (well certainly his finest in his music career..he may have had bigger moments in his personal life).

Edit: Janick! Janice is my cousin, female.

Well, Janice is still amazing. : )

Personally after this album and this song Janick is my guitarist number two in Maiden.

Well i love half of this album, the other half is quite boring/weak. At least for now.

The good songs are. IESF, TRAB, WTRRD, TOAC, BOS, EOC

Ok song: DOG

Boring/weak: TGU (sounds like a b-side from AMOLAD or TFF), MOS, SOW, SOL

I dont know if this album is better than all the reunion albums. Probably aint. I need to give it time though, for it is a lot to take in. My main problem with some songs is the lack of catchy riffs, like for example MOS. And some of the solos is not as impressive as on AMOLAD.

My second favorite song on the album after Empire. Great tempo changes, super heavy riffs, some of the best solos, and probably Bruce's best performance.
Janick has been Maiden's most consistently great songwriter since Dance of Death, and this one proves it.

Has anyone studied the artwork on the discs yet? Done in the style of the Mayan Calendar, but appears to have references to the songs on each disc.

And I was wondering how to tell them apart :D

Disc one has Sun & Moon, and #2 has biplanes and airships

I've lost count how many times I've listened to this track now since the leak, but I can safely say it's my favourite on the album...so far!
Nothing really new here, hence the reason why it didn't take me long to learn how to play it on guitar (apart from the solo's, which I'm still working on), but an awesome song that I can't wait to hear/see live next year :clap:

This song just grows and grows. To be honest at the first listen I didn't like too much but after awhile I definitely think is a great one. Love the into/outro guitar thing

This song turned out to be the biggest grower on the album for me... now it is in my top 5 from this album: EOTC, TOAC, IESF, BOS and DOG are my favourites.

There is some of The Talisman in that intro just like there had been some of The Legacy in The Talisman before. Is it some kind of a new tradition that an acoustic intro has to refer to the one on the previous record? :) Anyway, it sounds very nice if you don't mind the similarity.

This song is fantastic! Everything about it is. From the first riff, through the pre-chorus to The Best. Chorus. On. The. Album. Period. IT'S SO MASSIVE. One of the best, most epic choruses in the reunion era (or even ever). And the Ascending the throne part is also mindblowing. Brilliant song, I love it. It was outstanding on the first listen and still grows even more. I don't know which is better anymore - this one or IESF... Real gems.

Janick is a master songwriter. 10/10!!!

Back