"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadows is my least favorite ... still a solid song, but it seems to be a drop in quality for me. They could chop 2 minutes off of it.

the rest ranges from really good to awesome
Pretty funny considering how much could be chopped off from the 2 longest songs.

Why edit an already perfect song? For me it doesn't feel like 13:33 it feels more like 8 minutes... Why does people always complain about the length of songs? As I said, no Iron Maiden song is too long...
Well, that can make sense when taking solos into account. But the bass intro and outro are completely disconnected from the song and can easily go away. Besides, who wants to keep switching 2 little CDs instead of listening to one big 82 minute CD?

Well, that can make sense when taking solos into account. But the bass intro and outro are completely disconnected from the song and can easily go away. Besides, who wants to keep switching 2 little CDs instead of listening to one big 82 minute CD?
For me, even if some parts don't sound completely connected to a song, I'm still able to find enjoyment in them.

And 5 days for those still waiting.

I can understand wanting to chop Satellite 15... off the front of The Final Frontier, but wiping out a comparatively short intro and outro, and cutting right back on an instrumental section to get to the bare bones of verse and chorus....why?

I can understand wanting to chop Satellite 15... off the front of The Final Frontier, but wiping out a comparatively short intro and outro, and cutting right back on an instrumental section to get to the bare bones of verse and chorus....why?
I agree. And I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but it's like we're getting a new instrumental from Maiden and an amazing one at that. I'm sure some on here will make their own edits of the songs and cut out parts they don't like.

To reduce it to 82 minutes. That's why :) And I am enjoying it in my car. And I did not cut entire sections, just some parts. Did my best to make sure it flows smoothly.

Last edited:
But that's the equivalent of ripping pages out of a book to make it fit in your bookcase.
scratch_head.gif

Just like with the other post-reunion albums, I can't listen to this thing completely in one sitting. It gets boring really quick. There are cool moments but I just can't get into prog at all - or psuedo-prog like this.

It's not 1985 anymore, I get it... :)

Just like with the other post-reunion albums, I can't listen to this thing completely in one sitting. It gets boring really quick. There are cool moments but I just can't get into prog at all - or psuedo-prog like this.

It's not 1985 anymore, I get it... :)
I can't listen to any album by just sitting and doing nothing else. That's why I mostly listen to music in my car, as I drive too much.

I think EOTC may be my favorite song on the album. At first I was a little concerned that they might be pushing it a little with the 18 minute length, but it's just a gorgeous song. The 18 minutes just fly by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back