"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard the track - but from what I've read in reviews and from what people have been telling then they could really blow all the special effects on this one. Imagine black and white photos of the airship/people on the backdrop...Huge pyro and explosion sounds during the "Crash" and think of all the light effects on the stage they could use to tell the story too.....I think for this reason, it could really be a spectacle and a truely cinematic thing. They've tried telling a story using the stage props before - Paschendale, Rime, etc - But with Empire of the Clouds they could really do it.
There is an instrumental section long enough for Bruce to rush to an airship waiting behind the stage and finish the song in the air. It has to be an outdoor show however, or it might look a bit shoddy :
diamond-dave1.jpg
:D

I haven't heard the track - but from what I've read in reviews and from what people have been telling then they could really blow all the special effects on this one. Imagine black and white photos of the airship/people on the backdrop...Huge pyro and explosion sounds during the "Crash" and think of all the light effects on the stage they could use to tell the story too...The arena going dark in the crash for example....I think for this reason, it could really be a spectacle and a truely cinematic thing. They've tried telling a story using the stage props before - Paschendale, Rime, etc - But with Empire of the Clouds they could really do it.

I think the reason Bruce said they couldn't play it live is probably because they think the story/idea is too big for the stage. When they said they wouldn't play it live everyone thought it would be because it was some Big, Complex, Progressive masterpiece they would be too hard to play but it's not complex at all compared to other songs they played live so i think they could play the music, they can't leave it out because it truly is a modern masterpiece

The Red And The Black is such a Rollercoaster. I like it and and can't listen to it....

It just seems like that its's long for the sake of being so...

Mostly i like 'Arrys epics, but this one tears me apart

You guys are sure making me excited about this whole album (still abstaining here!). As far as long songs go, I've never met an Iron Maiden song that was too long for my liking. It saves me from hitting the repeat button immediately.

You guys are sure making me excited about this whole album (still abstaining here!). As far as long songs go, I've never met an Iron Maiden song that was too long for my liking. It saves me from hitting the repeat button immediately.
The more I listen to this album, the more and more sure I am that this is going to go down as one of their greatest achievements.

Listening to Heavy Metal for production value makes little sense, even Martin Birch, Bob Rock & Andy Sneap have low production value compared to Phil Spector, Brian Eno or Steve Albini

No, because when I sing it aloud, I pretend I'm Bruce and it takes me a while to warm up to all that belting. Sometimes I'll get close by the 20th time...:lol:

I just listened to POM and BNW back-to-back...maybe I'll do the same with my other favorites and pair them off by decade...then I'll be truly prepared for Friday. There's no way those choruses grow old.

And who doesn't like to sing some epic lines over and over again?

Totally agree

And for musicians, it's a process that happens naturally. You instantly know rhytmic patterns you've heard before and know, melodic intervals - even whole parts of melodies that's familiar. You hear the different parts, know instantly which instrument, even which musician play which part. If a part isn't up to scratch, you know that as well as the musicians and producer that let this one out the doors.
Are you musician ?

ps: And for others things about that album. I really enjoy shortest tracks. EOTC and TRATB are really too long and repetitive (like i'm, yes sir !). Greater songs are the ones written before rehearsals at "Guillaume Tell's Studio", that's sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back