"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuno_c

A hollow universe in space
And who doesn't like to sing some epic lines over and over again?
Totally agree

syriaca

Prowler
And for musicians, it's a process that happens naturally. You instantly know rhytmic patterns you've heard before and know, melodic intervals - even whole parts of melodies that's familiar. You hear the different parts, know instantly which instrument, even which musician play which part. If a part isn't up to scratch, you know that as well as the musicians and producer that let this one out the doors.
Are you musician ?

ps: And for others things about that album. I really enjoy shortest tracks. EOTC and TRATB are really too long and repetitive (like i'm, yes sir !). Greater songs are the ones written before rehearsals at "Guillaume Tell's Studio", that's sure.

FTB

Stranger in a Strange Board
My Question for Maiden would be... How are you going to Top this album? (not saying it's the best) but they've raised the bar for themselves... Steve gotta go for a 22 minute one Next?

Severian

Have a good time, all the time!
My Question for Maiden would be... How are you going to Top this album? (not saying it's the best) but they've raised the bar for themselves... Steve gotta go for a 22 minute one Next?
For Album 17 they're going to pull a "no prayer for the dying" and go back to their roots :innocent:

FTB

Stranger in a Strange Board
For Album 17 they're going to pull a "no prayer for the dying" and go back to their roots :innocent:
giphy.gif

xmagox

Invader

a song written by all 6 , and they all sing at some part together , beating EotC , and they make us all of us cry because is a song about them saying thanks and goodbye at the end of the next album. (maybe not next album, but when they feel/decide is the last one)

Gk1

Here I sit in a serenade of glory!
It is good that everyone is so happy with the album but let's face it..........it is too early to actually have a solid opinion about it. All this better that this...... and better since......... sound kind of funny to me.

Shavasku

Educated Fool
It is good that everyone is so happy with the album but let's face it..........it is too early to actually have a solid opinion about it. All this better that this...... and better since......... sound kind of funny to me.

Yes, I agree. I've been trying to avoid comparing this album with the others because I'm obviously hyped by the release, but the thing for me is that I usually take long to enjoy the songs and this time, it didn't happen. I liked almost all the songs on first listen, the exception being TMOS and TGU, but now I think they are fine. So... let's say that the hype is justified.

stvn1974

Educated Fool

Maiden could pull a Kiss and each member release a solo album.

Status
Not open for further replies.