"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm yes, I forgot about that. Come to think of it SOL leaked only 3 - 4 hours before the official release!
It's about $40 a year and it can get you some great tickets. Not always the best, but you're basically guaranteed tickets to any show you want to go to.

The other perks are nice but kind of not worth it. Although the resub shirts are quite nice.

Guys, I realise you're all excited about hearing new material, but do remember not to post links to leaks here, and not to use this forum to let others know where to get hold of leaked material. In line with the forum rules, we will ban anyone who breaks these rules.

Earliest official release was 8/13. So if he heard songs on 8/9, that's about 4 days ahead of time. If they're not sending the cd's out until 9/1, I don't think we'll get it until 9/2. Unless one of these people who have copies of it do the brave & right thing & leak it. HAHAHA

I think they days of different release dates between regions are long gone. Friday, August 21st was, by the way. the release date of at least 4 awaited albums for me, so I stayed up to listen to them and they were available on Spotify at 2 AM at least (UTC+1, DST), so I'm hoping I can stay up and wait for the album on the night towards the 4th.

If we consider a potential leak we'll get our "ears" on the new album in about a week from now. As I said before I fail to remember how long before the release of TFF I actually got to hear it. And - unless I missed it - no one has a definite answer on the exact date TFF leaked.
A leak of TFF was available on"the website I resort to" on August 13th 2010 (I've just checked). The worldwide release was three days later. However (from Wikipedia): "The Final Frontier is the fifteenth studio album by British heavy metal band Iron Maiden, released on 13 August 2010 in Germany, Austria and Finland, 17 August in North America, 18 August in Japan, and 16 August worldwide."

Last edited:
Reactions: Gk1
A leak of TFF was available on"the website I resort to" on August 13th 2010 (I've just checked). The worldwide release was three days later. However (from Wikipedia): "The Final Frontier is the fifteenth studio album by British heavy metal band Iron Maiden, released on 13 August 2010 in Germany, Austria and Finland, 17 August in North America, 18 August in Japan,[7] and 16 August worldwide."

So it doesn't look good this time around, does it? I Mean that isn't much of a leak to begin with. :)

Good to see another review in English. Although I have enjoyed the hilarity of google translate the last few weeks haha.

Does it matter? After 5 years I can wait 10 days.

To some people it does matter, apparently.

I remember that day very well - on Monday evening I had TFF on my mp3 player, and listened to it on repeat for hours before going to bed on Tuesday morning.

I'm pretty sure it happened four days before the German release date - and given the timing of TFF leak, I would be very surprised if TBoS leaked this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back